Chapter 30 ~ More Than Just a Dream

Ryleigh's POV
I sleepily opened my eyes and felt my eyes well up with tears as I realized where I was. I was in my bedroom, at home, in 2015, and Katelyn was still asleep next to me from our last minute sleepover. I sat up and felt my breath getting heavier as I started running my hands through my hair and tears streamed down my face. It couldn't have been a dream, it just couldn't have! I shot out of bed and started pacing, trying not have a panic attack. It was a freaking dream?! None of it was real?! I guess that I was being a little loud, because Katelyn sat up a few minutes later and looked at me worriedly.

"Ryleigh, are you alright? What's wrong?" She asked, a concerned tone evident in her voice.

"I-it was a dream..." I whispered, my mind still not able to comprehend it.

"What was a dream?" She asked, looking at me strangely.

"I-I don't know...it can't be...he was...it was..." I stuttered, the tears never ceasing to fall upon my cheeks.

"Ryleigh, are you sure you're feeling alright? Do you feel sick?" Katelyn asked, standing up and placing her palm to my forehead. "You don't feel warm. Maybe you're just hungry?"

"No, I'm fine...it's just...I had a dream...and it was so real..." I breathed, my chest heaving.

"What was it about?" She inquired curiously.

"W-we went back in time...to the Palais Garnier...and Erik was there...and I fell in love with him. But then Christine turned into a psychotic, bloodthirsty maniac who tried to kill both of us. She tried to shoot Erik, but I got in the way and I was in a coma. But Madame Giry figured out that 'true love's kiss' would work, so Erik kissed me and I woke up. Then he proposed, but Christine took me and said that if he didn't say that he loved her, she would put me in one of his torture chambers. She then held a gun to my head, and Erik found Madame Giry and she gave him this vial of liquid that she said would wake me up. So it did...I guess..." I said, not able to fully comprehend the entire 'dream' myself.

"Wow. You have one heck of an imagination, girl." She chuckled.

"Yeah, I guess I do..." I said, although I had a gnawing feeling inside that it had been more than just a dream.
[THE END]

FINAL AUTHOR'S NOTE: Thank you all so much for all of your support on this story! It really means a lot to me! Yes, there IS a sequel to this phanfic that my friend, maskedphanguy co-wrote with me. If you want to read it, I'll post the Archive of Our Own link below. Thanks!

http://archiveofourown.org/works/7005286/chapters/15954907

Love you all!
-Regan (TotalPhangirl)

🎉 You've finished reading There Are Dreams That Cannot Be: A Phantom of the Opera Phanfiction [Completed] 🎉