Chapter 2: We Meet and We March!

As Eric has finished his memoir, he gets out of his tent to see that it is morning, 7:00 AM.  As this is the day they will march, he decides to wake up his soldiers via means of a First Call and Reveille on the Bugle.  He plays the Instrument and troops wake up and prepare their things along with eating breakfast.  30 minutes later and Eric Shinzo Hudson plays an Assembly call, rallying his troops for their mission and gives a speech.

"5th West Virginia Volunteer Infantry Regiment, today is the day we roll out.  We are headed to Charleston, SC to deal with this monster of a fort that is threatening our great Unified Nation.  I want you wall to be brave, you can send your last messages to your families as we prepare to depart.  I wish you all luck, and good hopes.  You shall not die in vain, for you should be honored to get rid of the pure evil.  We will roll out in 15 minutes, does everyone understand?"

The soldiers reply back.

"Yes, sir!"

E.S.H. proceeds to dismiss the warriors.

"Good, remember to check and pack everything up and send your messages.  You all are dismissed."

The soldiers pack up and remove tents from their camp.  15 minutes later it is time to depart.  Eric rallies them up again after he plays a Bugle Assembly Call.  He now gives orders.

"Troops, it is officially time to depart, we shall arrive in Charleston in 5 days, and we will take stops along the way.  On my command, RIGHT FACE!"

Eric Hudson along with Hunter Alleson Riverfield and other officers go to the front of the line, E.S.H. says his commands again.

"Prepare, forward, march!"

We are then greeted with a map, that traces the route of Eric and his REGT as they march from Duffields, West Virginia to Charleston, South Carolina.  We also see many shots of them marching along the route and camping.

5 days later...

10 miles near Charleston in rural SC, Eric meets other military units, that being the newly formed 369th Infantry Regiment and the 5th Ohio Cavalry which Eric's Dad, Richard Hudson is commanding the Cavalry Unit.  Eric then talks to his dad who he hasn't seen in a week.  Along with the REGTs are the good ol' veterans of the 54th Massachusetts Infantry Regiment, who have come back to avenge R.G.S. and to eradicate the evil.

"Hi father, how are you doing since last week?"

Richard responds back.

"I am doing well son, you are going to Charleston too, right?  For me life was easy, did a few drills with my Cavalry and they are still well maintained."

Eric talks again.

"Yes, I am going to Charleston.  My life was easy too doing drills at our home."

Richard talks to his son.

"I will be with you there, lets march together on the final ten miles there."

Eric replies.

"Yes, let's do that."

The Bugle Call for Forward sounds and the 5th O.H. Cavalry, 369th INFT Regiment, 54th M.A; and 5th WV march on to Charleston, to where some unexpected visitors will join them around a mile away.

The scene changes to a Demon Slayer meeting a mile from where the other military units met the 5th W.V. and the slayers are doing a preparation.  Notable Slayers and Hashiras include Kia, Akari, Yoko, Hyorei, Futsu, Ren, Sakura, Akane, Shizuku, Mihiro, Kaiyochi, and Shizukumi.

Ren talks with the other Demon Slayers.

"I heard the Water Hashira and U.S. Army Colonel Eric would be in Charleston.  I hope we meet him soon!"