Chapter 3: Arriving at Fort Moultrie.

After Eric and the Hashiras marched through Charleston, they headed towards their camping site at Fort Moultrie, an old American Civil War fort still in good shape and a key fort for being in line of sight of the Demon controlled Fort Wagner and the distance from the monstrous Morris Island Fort.  They were greeted with other REGTs that have arrived earlier, and 4 other Hashiras.  Those who were there were Giyuu, Shinobu, Sanemi, and Mitsuri.  As they marched in, there were 3 Military Units that were there, the 332nd Infantry Regiment, the veterans of the 2nd U.S. Artillery, Battery E, and the 2nd United States Sharpshooters.  Overall, the operation's leading commander was General John Joseph Pershing, a notable commander that Eric knew of.  Eric Hudson talked to him while the others hanged out with the troops as they weren't having any assignments yet.  E.S.H. spoke to Black Jack about life and tactics.

"So Pershing, how do you think we can crush the ancient Demon race from the old fort to we had trouble taking back in the day?"

John J. Pershing responded back saying:

"Seeing the fortifications are massive, it is pretty hard to get an ideal tactic to win this, but every tactic has its drawbacks.  I have read that person's (Shinobu) research on Demons before and seeing that most of them can't be in the daytime, that is the best way to attack.  Reading from your account, there are very few of them that can survive in the sun, so a daytime attack would be the best way to attack."

Eric Shinzo Hudson replies back.

"Yea, daytime is a great way but how can we sneak up on these daytime guards without casualties?  Night is a better time, but all demons can go outside, leading to slower progress and more casualties.  And I would think that daytime is the best option then, we could just snipe the guards then rush them."

J.J. responds.

"Rushing can be great, but considering how big the fort is we need to identify entrances into this monster.  I think blowing up the roof would be a great idea due to the sunlight which can reach inside that monster and kill those who can't withstand it.  Also, I want to tell you this.  I have been to Tokyo when I was on a diplomatic mission and have seen scenes where you fought while on my way to observe the Russo-Japanese War."

E.S.H. talks again.

"Yea, I would say let's do a salvo on the fort roofs and ceilings as that could take out much of the demons in daylight if the whole roof goes bust.  Also, it is nice hearing that you saw my battle locations!"

We then go to another side of the fort where we see the Kia and Sakura napping in the same room (don't say it is a 💀☠️☠️💀 bc it is a ship), Ren and Mihiro reading books of the United States Army, Sakura and Akane talking about their pasts, Yoko and Shizuku with Union Soldiers playing Yankee songs, and old Lawrence Joshua Chamberlain teaching Kaiyochi and Shizukumi how to use guns and firing commands.  We hear Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain yell the commands.

"MAKE READY!"

(The troops put their rifles up and put the hammer on full cock, along with Shizukumi and Kaiyochi)

"TAKE AIM!"

The warriors aim their guns at the targets, which are metal plates 50 yards away on open field on the fort grounds.  Behind the targets is an open stretch of water which is cleared, and that body of water is the North Atlantic Ocean.

"FIRE!"

The Union Army Veterans fire their Muskets along with the 2 Slayers, who had a little bit of recoil but manage to hit their targets. Shizukumi is surprised at the recoil.

 Shizukumi is surprised at the recoil

"Oh my, I was blown back a bit!"

Joshua L. Chamberlin responds.

"These Long Guns are heavy, and are powerful hitters so yea the recoil may be hard."

The scene goes away from the firing range as we see a Futsu going nuts on going out already.  We hear Futsu screaming at Hyorei, but she doesn't make a sound.

"COME ON, I WANNA KILL DEMONS I WANNA KILL THEM!  I WANNA KILL THESE EVIL CREATURES!"

Hyorei remains calm.

Giyuu talks to Shinobu and an African American from the 369th INFT REGT goes in the conversation.

"Kocho, could we get them?"

Ms. Kocho replies back.

"Ara ara, yes we can."

The Negro soldier joins in.

"Hearing from Pershing, yes we could take them if we have the right strategies, also you guys are interesting!  I am a soldier of the newly formed 369th."

We hear the conversations go on as the scene shifts towards Sanemi being angry as he gets memories of his past.  Mitsuri tries to calm him down along with a 5th Ohio Cavalryman and a soldier from the Arty Unit.

"Damn demons, I want to KILL THEM!  I HATE YOU DEMONS WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO MY MOTHER!"

Mitsuri jumps in.

"Shinazugawa, chill awwwww you remember these scenes?  I feel sorry for you."

Sanemi talks back at her.

"THESE SCENES MAKE ME MAD!"

The member of the 5th OH CAV intervenes

"Sir, chill down.  You might make a scene here."

So does the guy from the Artillery Battery.

"You will get yourself embarrassed, do it in one of these rooms instead."

Then the scene shifts as we see Sanemi go into the room along with Mitsuri and we then see an overview of the fort and what's going on.

At the chapter's conclusion, everyone is chilling for now but the monster will shine in the light when you round the corner on Chapter 4.