Chapter 6: Recon time!

Eric, Yoko, Mihiro, a 2nd United States Sharpshooter, and a 369th Infantry Regiment Soldier that is an African American now go on a small boat 9 minutes after they left Fort Moultrie, as they cross Charleston Harbor to make it to the other side where Fort Wagner is at.  While crossing the body of water, Yoko asks a few questions.

"So, you are soldiers, right?  What are your names and what is your history with being in the U.S. Army?"

The 2nd U.S. Sharpshooter responds first.

"So, I am Ulster Evenwich, a very skilled marksman with the Berdan Sharpshooters.  I wanted to serve because of my family's history of serving with the United States Army.  At a young age I had a passion with Hunting, as that was the way we got our food.  When the Civil War broke out, I decided to become a sharpshooter.  I went to New Hampshire for the very difficult test, and I managed to get the average bullet distance from the bullseye less than 5 inches, and I passed.  Thats how I made it here today, and my current confirmed kills would be 23."

Yoko responds to Ulster E.

"That's nice to hear!  And what about you 369th?"

The Negro responds to Yoko H.

"Hi there swords person, I am not used to seeing swords in combat now unlike back then, but I will introduce myself.  I am Billy Marters, a soldier of the 369th INFT REGT.  I became a soldier through means of a job, and I find it fun to be one despite the risk.  I have this Winchester Model 1897 Pump Action Shotgun, and it is cool that you can slam fire it.  Overall, I wanted a job, and that's why I am here."

Yoko Hoshizora responds to Billy M.

"Ah, that's cool to hear especially with that gun!"

Ulster thanks the two Demon Slayers.

"It's great that you guys are here, I think we wouldn't have stood a chance against them without you."

Mihiro Tsugikuni responds to Ulster.

"Thank you for your respect, that is kind of you."

Yoko replies back.

"Thank you too!"

The boat then reaches the other side as they crossed the Harbor.  Eric then dismounts the boat along with the others.  Eric then gives orders as he knows where the fort is at from where they docked.

"The Fort is southeast from where we are, presumable that way where I am pointing at.  it is time to get serious, as we must go stealthy as we gather intelligence."

Mihiro adds into Eric's statement.

"I can say you are correct, as I can think that we will be by the Fort when we go that way."

Yoko also adds in.

"I can hear some demon-like footsteps over there, so yea Eric is right."

Ulster and Billy then agree.  Both of them say this:

"Okay, let's get it going then!"

Eric then realized something.

"Wait, do you all have Nichirin or Wisteria Bullets?"

Billy answers first.

"Yes, I did get one before the mission."

Hayes adds in the conversation too.

"I did too."

Eric has a sigh of relief.

"Good, I was worried you didn't have then, anyways we got to move quiet here.  Let's get it moving!"