Chapter 14: Second Glory!

A typewriter is shown typing out the 5th Battle of Fort Wagner Report.  Once it is done, it reads:

"Fifth Battle of Fort Wagner Battle Report:

United States Army and Demon Slayer Strength:
32,000

Demon Strength:
125,258

Result:
American Victory

Total 5th West Virginia Volunteer Infantry Regiment Soldiers Killed:
68

Total 54th Massachusetts Infantry Regiment Soldiers Killed:
43

Total 5th Ohio Cavalry Regiment Cavalrymen Killed:
89

Total 369th Infantry Regiment Soldiers Killed:
48

Total 5th REGT WV VOLS INFT Soldiers Wounded:
32

Total 54th REGT MA INFT Soldiers Wounded:
45

Total 5th OH CAV Cavalrymen Wounded:
34

Total 369th INFT REGT Soldiers Wounded:
43

Total 5th W.V. VOLS INFT REGT Soldiers Missing:
4

Total 54th M.A. INFT REGT Soldiers Missing:
6

Total 5th O.H. CAV Cavalrymen Missing:
9

Total 369th INFT REGT Soldiers Missing:
12

Total 5th Regiment West Virginia Volunteer Infantry Casualties:
104

Total 54th Regiment Massachusetts Infantry Casualties:
92

Total 5th Ohio Cavalry Casualties:
132

Total 369th Regiment Infantry Casualties:
103

Total Soldier Casualties:
431

Total Demons Dead:
124,916

Total Demons Transformed:
342

Total Demon Casualties:
125,258

Overall Casualties:
125,689"

We see the cleanup scenes happen.  And we see Eric Shinzo Hudson examining the bodies with Shinobu as E.S.H. has regenerated.  She is seen identifying each Soldier that died and tends to the wounded.

Kia and Sakura are tired again and fall to sleep next to each other.  Akari talks to Kafieharu while there is Futsu acting crazy at Hyorei again while she still doesn't react.  We see Ren and Mihiro discussing things along with Kaiyochi and Shizukumi doing the same.  Yoko daydreams and stares up at the sky again while Akane and Shizuku sing and play their own music. 

Once Eric Hudson is done with the bodies, he meets his dad who is Richard. 

"Dad, I did well, and you did too.  I mean we managed to avenge the 54th!"

R.S.H. responds.

"I am proud of you again, and we did avenge Shaw for once!"

Pershing decides to talk to Eric.

"Mr. Hudson, I must say that that is one heck of a battle right there.  And you did well in commanding them too.  Although we did suffer casualties, we shall honor those who have fought.  Your former foes should be honored too since they redeemed themselves and didn't act racist."

Eric replies.

"Yea, thanks for that.  And good idea to build a statue in honor of us.  We shall dedicate it to the City of Charleston.  Put 2 Murals, one at Fort Moultrie and one in Downtown Charleston.  But that's all the ideas I have for now.  I will meet up with Jebbers."

Eric S. Hudson meets up with Jebbers and his Texas Brigade as he wants to give a warm welcome.

"Hey Jebbers, I must say you did well.  Although you used to fight against us, you all redeemed yourselves and have moved on from it.  You guys even did better than us at one point ha!  Anyways we will put a mural in Charleston with you guys in it."

Jebbers responds back.

"Hey, thank you for that.  I am glad we aren't divided again fellow Hybrid.  I am thankful to help you guys out."

E.S. Hudson thanks him again.

"We are glad for you to help out, and I hope we can be friendly for a while."

As Eric S.H. moves on, he meets the 54th and tells them something.

"You guys, we did it.  We avenged Robert Gould Shaw and have done a Second Glory!"

The African American Soldiers cheer on and celebrate with Eric as they have managed to get a victory at Fort Wagner.  As they cheered, we see Mitsuri checking her Sword out as she is chilling along with Sanemi and Giyuu talking to each other. 

We then see Yuki who has transformed back into a Human but withers off due to her age.  We then see the remains of Yuki and Yotsuyahi about to be buried.  Eric gives one final respect and message to the UP5 and UP3 as he does a Sword Salute, a Regular Salute, and a bow.  He then speaks.

"Despite your troubles and crimes, you fought well.  Although everyone might hate you, I am glad to see how skilled you guys are as my opponents.  Yuki, your Blood Demon Art was kind of cool along with your design.  Yotsuyahi, you are pretty powerful to say the least and it amazed some of us.  Although you are dead or you couldn't hear me because you guys are in heck for killing the innocent, I shall give one final respect for you all.  Sayonara and goodbye, Yotsuyahi and Yuki."

He then stars burying the remains of Yotusyahi and Yuki and place a headstone on the graves.  After that, Eric then narrates what has happened after the Fort Wagner Battle.  As he narrates, we see the Medals that the Characters got as well as President of the United States of America (POTUS) Thomas Woodrow Wilson give Shizuku the Medal of Freedom.

"After we defeated the Devils at Fort Wagner, we had a celebration march in Charleston as the Civilians cheered us on for saving them.  We were all hailed as Heroes and even the Hashiras were cheered on too.  After that parade, many of us got Medals.  I got a few, one of my comrades has the Medal of Honor as an award.  I saw Shizuku get a Presidential Medal of Freedom from Woodrow Wilson.  The others were honored too.  Overall, we were all known for saving Charleston or even the entire Nation from the Demonic Souls.  I hope you enjoyed my journey, and I hope you can join me on another one too.  Sayonara, and I shall await another great moment of my life to happen."

And that is it for this chapter!  The next chapter would be the last of my first Fanfic!