Chapter 8: PATRIOTISM!!!

Once Eric came out, he was praised by his soldiers of the 5th West Virginia Volunteer Infantry Regiment that they decided to sing some songs to hang out the day before they are to be sent towards Fort Wagner. They then decide to sing the American Civil War Song Battle Cry of Freedom, and they will sing it patriotically. Some of the Demon Slayers decide to join in, and they are Akane, Shizukumi, Ren, Yoko, and Akari. We then see a Futsu just doing some crazy drunkard things with Hyorei and Mihiro minding their own things. Kia and Sakura are just seen sleeping on the same bed (Don't say it is a 💀☠️☠️💀bc the owners said it is a ship). Eric then decides to let the party get going, and we also see Shizuku and Shizukumi discussing things as they decide not to join. Kaiyochi is also seen just sleeping outside.

"Alright men, are we ready to sing?!"

The 5th REGT WV VOLS INFT soldiers are excited and shout.

"YES, SIR!"

At this point, a soundtrack is added. I recommend you play the soundtrack as you read and try to match the timestamps to the correct scenes. Example of a timestamp being (0:07). The video is above the title.

(0:07) The drummers start playing, with Akane being one of the drummers with others in the Musician Unit of the United States Army.

(0:16) The flutes then are added, and Akari is now dancing, so do some soldiers.

(0:32) More of the troops start to dance, along with Shizukumi and Yoko.

(0:40) They all start to sing and play more of the instruments. "Yes, we will rally round the flag boys (HUZZAH!), we will rally once again (HUZZAH!)."

(0:45) "Shouting the Battle Cry of Freedom (HUZZAH!)."

(0:49) "We will rally from the hillside (HUZZAH!), we will gather from the plain (HUZZAH!)."

(0:53) "Shouting the Battle Cry of Freedom (HUZZAH!)!"

(0:57) The soldiers along with the Demon Slayers are now singing louder as the song becomes more patriotic. "The Union Forever (HUZZAH!), hurrah, boys, hurrah (HUZZAH!)!

(1:01) "Down with the traitors (HUZZAH!)! Up with the stars (HUZZAH)."

(1:05) Then Eric Hudson marches forward, along with Richard Hudson as they do the present arms with their Sabers. They sing as they do the stance. "And we'll fill our vacant ranks (HUZZAH!) with a million freemen more."

(1:10) E.S.H. then picks up the National Colors of the 5th W.V. while Richard H. picks up the 48 Star American Flag and wave it around. Then they sing even louder and get more excited as they cheer on. "Shouting the Battle Cry of Freedom (HUZZAH!)"

The Regimental Colour Eric holds on to.

The 48 Star Flag R.S.H. carried:

(1:14) Yoko is then heard along with Shizukumi and the Soldiers singing the song at the top of their lungs as this scene becomes patriotic

(1:14) Yoko is then heard along with Shizukumi and the Soldiers singing the song at the top of their lungs as this scene becomes patriotic. "THE UNION FOREVER (HUZZAH!)! HURRAH! BOYS, HURRAH (HUZZAH!)!"

(1:18) Eric Hudson and R.S.H. then draw their Sabers and point it up as if they will charge. They then sing this. "DOWN WITH THE TRAITORS (HUZZAH!)! UP WITH THE STARS (HUZZAH!)!"

(1:22) Ren is also heard, and they raise their voice on the word "Boys" as they sing again. "When we'll rally round the flag (HUZZAH!), BOYS WE WILL RALLY ONCE AGAIN (HUZZAH!)"

(1:27) All of them sing at their loudest again. "SHOUTING THE BATTLE CRY OF FREEDOM (HUZZAH!)!"

(1:31) Eric S. Hudson and Richard H. wave the flags around again, making all of them feeling patriotic as they sing loudly again. "THE UNION FOREVER (HUZZAH!!!)! HURRAH, BOYS, HURRAH (HUZZAH!!!)!"

(1:35) Akari's voice is heard also, as she says a part of a line with the warriors too. "Down with the traitors (HUZZAH!!!)! Up with the stars (HUZZAH!!!)."

(1:39) The pitch goes up again, as they sing it with one last roar. "When we'll rally round the flag (HUZZAH!!!). BOYS, WE WILL RALLY ONCE AGAIN (HUZZAH!!!)"

(1:44) The people singing fade the pitch away as they sing the final part. "SHOUTING the Battle Cry of Freedom (HUZZAH!!!)."

(1:47) Akane then plays the drums as well as the other Musicians as we then see General Pershing who is watching from afar gets amazed at their patriotism to the United States of America.

(2:20) And end of the chapter!