Chapter 6

As we stepped out of the house, the distant sounds of a wounded dog caught our attention. Leon and I exchanged glances and instinctively moved towards the source.

There, we found a poor dog ensnared in a bear trap. Working together, we managed to free the distressed animal, and it seemed to express its gratitude before darting off into the surrounding woods.

Continuing our journey through the village, I turned to Leon and asked, "Any thoughts on who that shooter might have been?"

"Who knows," he responded dismissively, showing little concern for the matter.

Suddenly, the bell tower collapsed with a tremendous crash, engulfing the surroundings in a thick cloud of dust. Emerging from the chaos, a pack of infected dogs appeared, their menacing presence now posing a new threat.

"Shit," I exclaimed, swiftly drawing my pistol as the infected dogs closed in.

Leon, quick to react, unholstered his shotgun and aimed it at the approaching pack. With a playful tone, he teased, "I wouldn't recommend missing."

Rolling my eyes, I retorted, "I did better than you on the training field."

As the hungry infected dogs charged towards us, we opened fire, unloading our bullets with precision. Round after round, we fought back, ensuring not a single dog remained standing until the path ahead was clear.

Leon uses the Insignia key to unlock the door, it granted us access to the small church. It appeared to be empty for there are piles of bones scattered about "I can see a bunch of boneheads" i joked, trying to lighten the mood

"Do you seek the humour in everything?" Leon asked, seeming to be curious

I chuckled "Only in certain situations" i remarked

The same portrait from house hung on the wall, it was quite clear the people including the priest idolised this man and it was hard to figure out why. Examining the many thing around this was no your typical church.

leaving by a back exit, the merchant stood there and we decided to see what we could acquire this time, He sold me a pretty hefty machine gun, only with a few tweaks to my revolver.

Following a trench path up to see the bigger church "Now, that's what you call a church" i said, walking past many graves towards the front gate. The church entrance was locked by a gate and would need a medallion to be opened.

Leon didn't like this and tried force his way through the bars, realising this wasn't going to work. he called to inform Hunnigan as i started investigating round the side and i came across a mini planning room.

"Hey, Leon. Come check this out" I alerted him as i went in to find out what i can

Inside i found a lakeside map with a message written in these people's writing "I've seen children with better hand writing than this" i scoffed learning what i can as Leon came into the room.

"What's the news?" he asked, wanting to know

I turned showing him a picture "Baby Eagle is definitely in that church, but these people ain't dumb and are holding the key in a cave on the lake" i informed, feeling confident "Only thing is they claim a monster will take care of us"

"Let me guess, You think opposite" Leon said

I smirked unholstering my revolver "I've killed my fair share of monsters" i addressed "Piece of cake"

Leon discovered a hatch and i went down first and pressed on, before a wooden bridge there is a sign saying "Lago" on it which i'm guessing is Lake in Spanish.