Chapter 12

Clad in my upgraded body armour and armed with a newly enhanced revolver and shotgun, I decided to add a machete to my arsenal purely for its aesthetic appeal. With Leon by my side, we ventured forward, ready to face whatever challenges awaited us.

As we cautiously moved forward, I caught sight of the figure in the ominous red coat, waving his stick.

"Is he responsible for this?" Leon questioned, his gaze fixed on the figure.

Nodding in agreement, I crouched down, attempting to maintain silence and strategize our next move. It became apparent that we had the opportunity to ambush the figure in the coat.

Taking advantage of the moment, Leon swiftly eliminated the mysterious figure while I skilfully dealt with the remaining Granados, relishing in the satisfying slices of my gleaming new machete. "Oh, I'm absolutely loving this," I remarked with a grin on my face.

As Leon reunited with Ada Wong, someone from his past whom he had often mentioned and still held feelings for, I decided to observe their interaction. I crossed my arms, watching them closely.

After Ada left, Leon let out a sigh and scratched his neck. "So, that was the infamous 'Ada Wong' you always talked about," I remarked, my arms still folded.

Leon shook his head, determined to refocus on the mission at hand. "Let's get back to business," he said.

Having gathered the stone slabs while Leon and Ada were engrossed in conversation, I finished placing them in their designated spots. The stones triggered the opening of a hidden passage, leading us forward.

"Come on, lover boy," I teased, taking the lead and stepping through the newly revealed pathway.

"You're going to taunt me about this throughout the entire mission, aren't you?" Leon asked, his tone laced with resignation.

I turned back, casting him a mischievous smirk. "Oh, absolutely," I replied, continuing on with a playful stride.

After facing off against several Granados and a colossal monster, Leon resorted to using a cannon to blast open a door. As I stepped forward, ready to advance, I noticed Ashley sitting alone in a room, tears streaming down her face. Leon gestured for me to talk to her, but I hesitated.

Recognizing my reluctance, Leon took it upon himself to approach Ashley. He engaged in a conversation, attempting to console her, but it was clear that she remained unconvinced. In that moment, Leon glanced back at me, silently pleading for assistance.

With a deep sigh, I reached out to comfort Ashley. "Ashley, it's normal to feel afraid. Fear can be a powerful motivator, driving us to accomplish remarkable things," I said, my voice filled with empathy.

Ashley gazed at me, her eyes filled with tears. "But I'm not like you," she whispered, her voice trembling.

Gently, I took a step closer to her and shared a vulnerable part of my own past. "Ashley, I wasn't always brave either. As a child, I was an orphan, and there was this girl with beautiful blue hair who I failed to protect. She was a sweetheart, and fear consumed me, causing her to be taken away."

Placing a comforting hand on her shoulder, I continued, "But you, Ashley, you have strength within you. You can overcome this. Don't let fear define you or hold you back." Ashley seemed to absorb my words, her face gradually brightening. She stood up from the couch, a smile forming on her lips, ready to join us on our journey through the castle.

As we solved the intricate puzzles, the three of us managed to place the three statue heads in their designated spots. Suddenly, Ashley's voice echoed through the chamber, filled with urgency. "Leon! Halstead! The stairs!" she cried out, her tone laced with fear.