002

RYAN'S POV

People always ask my brothers and I whenever they run into us in the underground world, 'why Karma?'

And to put the answer seriously, the idea of karma is so much more powerful than the idea of the devil. Karma could command the devil. 

Also the name 'devil' in the underground is far too common.

So, when we were choosing our names, we chose to be Karma's Triplets. 

Rico is Karma's Angel, because he liked to stay away from the violence but if something happens to anyone he cares about, he will no longer give mercy. Much like our idea of an angel itself. He is always behind the scenes anyway, so it wouldn't make much sense to give him a super threatening name. 

Rudy is Karma's Devil. As I said before, Karma could command the devil if it so wished. Rudy is violent, and his kills definitely show that. That is why he is the devil of our group. I had mentioned before that Rico has mercy, but Rudy is the exact opposite. Rudy never had mercy to begin with. 

And finally, me. I am Karma's Mistress. This name goes a little bit more in depth than the other two. Both of my twins chose their names first, otherwise I would have probably chosen Rudy's. Me, being the only girl, lures in all of the sick fucks out there. I am the bait. But don't let that fool you. The bait can kill just as easily as the hunter. I have the power of Karma itself. The names that my brother chose are good, but they sound like they work for Karma. My name sounds like I am on the same ground as Karma, maybe slightly lower. Also, the name sounded really fucking cool.

Karma's Triplets doesn't really have a leader. But when you ask someone what they see when you say our name, they would probably think of a woman being flanked by two men on either side of her. So, naturally, they would think of me as the leader. The truth is though, we all work together evenly. We don't need to have someone bossing us around for us to know what to do. We just co-exist. 

I am broken out of my thoughts before I can think about how much fear people have when they see us or our names. 

"Alright. So, we have found your father through a DNA test. He said on the phone that he would like to take you in. He sounded a bit confused on your existence, however." Eric states, seeming a bit shaken up.

I look over to my brother to see they are just about as ecstatic as I am.

Note the sarcasm.

"Rick, are you doing alright? You seem a bit shaken up. How about you sit down, drink some water, and tell us a bit more about that phone call of yours." I say softly, putting up a mask of someone concerned. 

I mean, don't get me wrong, I am concerned.

I'm concerned about the fact that we have family, nonetheless that someone wanted to take us in.

Rick nods and does as I say, and I hand him my half drunken water bottle.

Currently, we are in an interrogation room type of thing for 'privacy'. Let's be honest though. I think they put us in here to make sure we don't run. The door locks from the outside and we are three floors up. There is, however, a giant window that can be opened from the inside and isn't locked. We can all probably jump to the tree branch, climb down, and skip to a different country.

Easy peasy. 

I look over to my brothers to see that they are having mixed emotions. Rudy hold confusion and anger while Rico holds just confusion. They both look over to me, and their emotions change slightly. Rudy's anger fades, but his eyes hold more confusion and Rico just becomes incredibly confused.