005

RYAN'S POV

I tossed and turned for a while, but I couldn't find sleep. Which isn't a super rare occurrence, it is still annoying though. 

I hate insomnia. 

I look at my clock which says that it is 2:32. Damn.

I decide I am going to go get all of our bikes from the ally and then take mine out on a joy ride. Maybe go fighting or something. I'm not sure. 

I decide to get dressed in some baggy black pants, and tight and cropped long sleeve black t-shirt. I also decide that I don't want to do my hair, so I throw a black baseball cap on top of my hair which I left down. I then put on some white shoes and decide to call it good enough. 

Since it is Los Angeles and it is also the very early morning, I put a gun in the waistband of my pants and put some knives in my bra and in my shoe

After I finish getting ready, I sneak out of the house, not making a single sound because one of the things that I was hyper focused on when Arlo was teaching us about fighting and being assassins. I am actually known for how stealthy I can be, among other things. 

Arlo never forced my brothers and I to do anything. He actually wanted to keep us away from the mafia and whatever, but I had insisted on being trained to protect myself. When my brothers saw me training, they also joined. I found freedom in fighting and everything like that so I learned as much as I could. Rudy was the same way. Rico most just learned self-defense, and after he did learn about that, he ended up learning from one of the mafia's best hackers about computers and hacking. 

Once I make it through the front door, I decide I wanted to run like my life was depending on it, so I run the thirty-minute walk to the motorcycles. I see all of them were left untouched. 

Good.

I go to Rudy's bike first to bring it home, because he would flip his shit if something had ever happened to his bike. That is his pride and joy. I hop on the bike and take it back to the house. Then I repeat the process with Rico's bike. I park them both in the driveway, not under any trees because lord know I would be dead if any bird shit ended up on their bikes. 

I then run to get my bike and when I get there, I see it was left untouched. I throw my helmet on and take off so quickly I feel like I am flying for a moment. 

I pull on to a freeway which has absolutely no cars right now and reach about 160 mph. I throw my hands into the air and tilt my head back, just enjoying the moment. I take some breaths and feel tears stream down my face. Not the sad tears. But also, not happy tears. Tears that you have when you finally feel free after a while. 

I decide now will be a great time to try out some tricks since the highway is empty. 

I prepare myself to pull a wheelie, and I do just that. In fact, the wheelie goes at such an angle that the back of my bike touches the highway ground and spark fly all around me. I put both of the wheels back on the ground and think what else I could do. I then decide to surf my bike.