012

RYAN'S POV

My art class was the most interesting class of the day, even though I didn't know anyone in that class. For the most part, people were working alone while listening to music anyway. 

The main assignments that we are working on currently are quick but detailed sketches. They should take about one or two hours to do each sketch. However, the sketches are supposed to mean something important to you. Symbolize something that you believe in etc. 

(A.N. Not me putting my actual art project prompt into my book)

So, after learning the ropes and where all of the different materials are, I started working on my sketch, but I only had fifteen minutes of class left by that point, so I really only got to find inspiration. 

As I was walking into the garage where the car mechanics class was, with Rudy of course, I realized that many of the people in this classroom were guys. 

In fact, there was only one other girl, who seemed like she didn't know anybody else in this class since she was sitting alone. She had black hair with royal blue tips and piercings. 

Since there wasn't any chairs or desks to sit at, Rudy and I leaned up against some shelves and waited for the teacher to come in. 

All of the guys were looking at me and talking to each other. Some words that I heard were 'she took a wrong turn' or 'I bet her brother will do everything for her'. 

Dumbasses. 

The teacher does finally walk in. He honestly seems like a chill teacher, but only if you follow his strict rules. He was wearing a greasy pair of jeans and a greasy white t-shirt. He scans the classroom for a second before his eyes land on my younger brother and I.

"Alright class. As you know, we have two new students in class today. This is Ryan and Rudy Russo." He turns to speak directly to us now. "You have to take a test before we can accept you into the classroom. You have to work alone to complete a task with no help from any of the other students or each other. Everyone else will be observing your techniques." I nod along as he speaks. "Those," he points to two different cars in the back of the garage that looked beat up and old, "will be the cars you will be working on. You have until the end of class to fix them." 

He hands us each a key that goes to the cars. I ended up getting a convertible from about thirteen years ago. The first thing I do is stick the keys in the ignition and try to turn it on, which doesn't work. I hear snickers from the boys in the class.

Opening the hood, I see that there are some cut wires and the battery is dead.

This might take a while. 

♤♡◇♧

In the end, I had to replace the battery, two different wires, and refill the brake fluid. I also ended up finishing before Rudy, who had to replace the brakes of the front tires on his car as well as fill up the steering wheel fluid. 

We passed.

The doubt and whispers stopped. 

I got to go back to the house.

Never call a place home unless you know you and the people you love are completely safe there. You also never know how long you will be staying there. 

♤♡◇♧

The rest of the week was rather normal, much to my annoyance. However, I guess my twins and I made some friends. 

A very hyper girl approached me and basically asked if we would all sit with her and her friends. She has strawberry blonde hair and electric green eyes. Her name is Hailey. She is friends with the girl in Mechanics Class, Trisha. She has an identical twin named Marvin. He is a nerdy looking guy with glasses and is VERY gay. Then there was another guy, a brunette with honey-colored eyes who was quiet but energetic. Very artistic energy. His name is Shane.