Chapter 12

I walked out of my room dressed in a pair of black jeans and a black hoodie. As I fixed my hoodie, I bumped into Micheal, who was now wearing one of his suits. A white button-up shirt with a black vest and suit jacket over it, matching with his black slacks.

"Ready?" He asked, fixing the sleeve of his jacket.

"Yep, all ready to go," I replied, nervousness laced in my words.

"Are you okay?" He asked, looking down at me. Worry written all over his face.

"Yeah, just a bit nervous about meeting your colleagues," I mumbled.

"They work for me. They aren't my colleagues." He reminded me before lifting my head up and placing a soft kiss on my lips. "Let's go."

I nodded my head as we made our way down the hallway and out the door. When we got in his car, he turned on the ignition, making the engine rumble, ready to move. I clicked my seatbelt in place, and he followed in pursuit, then backed out of the driveway. As soon as we were driving towards the company, he placed his hand on my thigh, slowly rubbing it up and down soothingly. I slowly breathed in an attempt to calm my nerves. My heart thumped in my chest so hard and loud that I could hear it ringing in my ears.

A few minutes later, we pulled up to the building, and I looked out the window in awe. He drove under the building and parked in an empty spot. We both got out of the car and locked it, walking me to the elevator. We stepped in and he pushed the button for the basement.

"Why are we going to the basement?" I asked.

"Because that's where the work that I have to finish up is." He stated.

The doors dinged open, and he took me down a long dark hallway. He opened a door for me, showing me a plain white room.

"Wait here." He said before leaving the room and closing the door behind himself.

I watched through a window as he stepped into another room. There was a woman there, she was beaten. She had a busted lip and black eyes, and her clothes were discarded leaving her in a bra and underwear. Her body was bruised, cut, and beaten, and she was lying on the floor in a small pool of blood.

"Why did you fuck tards call me here?" Micheal spoke sternly.

"Sir, she won't tell us the details of the missing girl and her whereabouts." One man spoke.

A loud slap was heard, followed by a thud on the floor. "AND YOU THOUGHT THAT BEATING HER WAS THE BEST OPTION?! YOU FUCKING IDIOT! WHY THE FUCK DID YOU THINK THAT WOULD WORK? YOU NEED TO TORTURE HER NOT BEAT HER!" Micheal yelled at the man.

"Sorry, sir," the man whimpered, tears streaking down his face.

Micheal walked over to the woman, kneeling down next to her and picking her up. He then placed her down on a chair.

"Now, you're going to tell me what I want to know, or I'll kill you. Okay?" He growled at her.

"....get...fucked," she spat weakly.

Micheal stood up properly and left the room. There was silence. No one moved, but the woman, she laughed at his bluff. He wasn't going to kill her. He would never do such a thing. Micheal walked back into the room, a pistol in his hand. He spoke up to the woman and placed the barrel of the gun against her forehead. Her laughter died down as she realized that he wasn't bluffing.

"Now tell me where she is or I fucking shoot your brains out." He said through his teeth.

She gulped down as tears filled her eyes, and her bottom lip started to quiver.

"She's buried 200 meters from the shore of the river. Now please let me go, I don't want to die, I want to go home. I have a daughter and a family to see. I promised her I would come home." She started begging for mercy.

"What daughter? You had one child and you killed her. A sweet poor little girl." He tsked.

"Okay, please just let me go." She cried and begged.

"What river?" He asked.

"I don't know the name. Please let me go!" She cried, the tears streaming down her face.

He took the gun off the safety and pushed it toward her head. "WHAT. RIVER!" he asked again.

"THE YARRA RIVER! PLEASE LET ME GO! I DIDN'T MEAN TO HURT HER, SHE WAS IN THE WRONG PLACE AT THE WRONG TIME! I PROMISE, BUT PLEASE LET ME GO!" The woman was sobbing by this point.

"You know too much," He spat before pulling the trigger.

I flinched at the loud bang, and tears pulled and stung my eyes as she dropped to the floor with a thud. I let out a shaky breath as I watched her lifeless body lay there. Micheal said something before leaving the room and coming to me again.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked me, then looked where I was looking.

"Shit," He whispered.

He pulled me away from the window and down the hall.

"Baby, are you okay? Answer me, Jax! Please, FUCK!" He yelled out.

"You killed her," I whispered.

"What?"

"YOU KILLED HER!" I repeated, the tears falling freely down my face as I pushed him away from me.

"No, baby, you don't understand. I had to. She knew too much, and she killed her 3-year-old. Okay? Look- LOOK AT ME JAX!" He yelled the last part, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"She was a bad person, okay? She needed to go," He whispered, pulling me into a hug.

"Why did you put me in that room if you knew what I was going to see?" I asked, looking up at him.

"I forgot the room had a window. If I knew it was there, I would have sent you to my office." He explained.

"Okay, can we just go back to my house now?" I asked.

"Yep, I've got to do something really quick, I'll be 5 minutes. Can you wait here for me?"

"Yeah, go do that thing," and he ran back into the room.

I stood there crying for the next few minutes until he came back