Short Shorts 2: Electric Boogaloo

The Pink house

Frisk felt a little nervous standing outside of the pink house right next to Napstablook's. They had bought the bright pink key on a whim, but now they felt like a total creep having bought a key to someone else's house. Granted they probably didn't live there, but...this was still creepy right, even for monster standards.

"Flowey, maybe we shouldn't be here doing this."

"What! Come on Frisk I've never found the key to the pink house before, we gotta see what's inside!"

"You mean you've looked for the key to this house before?" Frisk asked curiously.

"Uhhh...I got bored a lot okay...there aren't a lot of places for a monster to go if they want to avoid all the gross things that other monsters do." Flowey said, shifting down lower in Frisk's bag, looking a little nervous. Frisk sighed, biting there lip feeling a little nervous themselves.

"Okay. A quick peek." They said, unlocking the door. Inside was a mirror of Napstablook's home, but instead of fancy DJ equipment there was a vanity, and of course every inch of the room was shades of glittery pink. Several journals were strewn about the room. Frisk took a quick peek at one of them, It only had one page filled out and it was...graphic. 

"Dear diary, today I was putting on a show down in the gross dumps and someone asked to see my pretty pink pussy, but idk it didn't do it for me." 

 Curiously, Frisk reached out and picked up another journal, only to immediately regret that decision. The one tiny glimpse they saw seemed to be the writer's final decision to leave the snail farm and finally go and start conversion therapy with Alphys... Frisk felt that on such a personal level that it almost hurt physically and felt like a huge violation of privacy. 

"You alright Frisk?" You've been staring at that book for a while?" Flowey asked.

"Yeah, just...kinda wondering if we could take a break. It's pretty quiet here, so I was wondering if we could just sit here and read some." Frisk replied, pulling out Gender and You.

" Yeah sure." Flowey replied, looking over at his friend in concern.

The Monster in the Woods

Frisk sat across from Sans in the fancy restaurant he had offered to take them to. It was a lot fancier than Grillby's, but wasn't as warm or inviting. Though that could have just been the company, Sans was acting differently too, also not as warm or inviting.

"Ya know...down here it's rare to have someone you can just sit and talk to without pressure to perform." He said shrugging lazily and lighting up a cigar and letting the pale pink smoke curl around his hands. "Before you I only had one...see in the woods where we met. There was a door. I'd go there to be alone and practice some knock knock jokes. Well, one day I'm knocking away at this door when someone says 'who's there?'

So I answers, 'master'

Voice on the other side said 'master who?'

And then I hit her with 'masterbater.'

And this ol' lady just laughs it up and hits me with a joke of her own. I made an excuse to go there everyday just to sit and talk to this old lady. Till one day she says somthin funny to me. Not funny haha. No, she wasn't laughin like she usually did and she just kinda sounded bummed, so I asked her what was up, then she told me something strange. 'If a human ever comes through this door...could you please, please promise something? Watch over them and protect them, will you not? I have heard the underground outside of the ruins has changed and it wouldn't be safe for humans.' Now I hate making promises, and this woman I don't even know her name. But someone who sincerely likes bad jokes has an integrity you can't say 'no' to. So...I promised...and you. You've been a good human. My bro and Undyne won't stop talking about ya... hell sometimes I even feel like we could be friends. Maybe, just wouldn't be fair to you if we got closer without having a little chat don't ya thing...cause if I hadn't made that promise to that old lady...well you would have had a much worse time." Sans said.

Then he blew a puff of pink smoke into Frisk's face. The smoke took their breath away, making them feel dizzy and disoriented all at the same time, before the smoke passed allowing Frisk's head to clear. They stared at their friend's brother in horror, as he chuckled.

"Come on kid, I'm just joking."

"That's not a funny joke Sans." Frisk replied, Flowey's initial warning when they had met the skeleton echoing in her head. Don't turn. Just run. Chilling Frisk's blood making them shudder. The flower hadn't come out of the backpack since Sans had invited them out to dinner.

"Nah. You're right. It isn't." Sans replied sadly, snuffing out the cigar and twirling the loop on his collar.

"You ever play a joke like that on anyone else?" Frisk asked nervously, trying to swallow down their fear. He met Frisk's eyes before shaking his head and chuckling.

"Probably shouldn't trust someone's word on that kid, my brothers done a good job straightening up this hell hole but there's still monsters out there with a little M. Like that story you humans have about the big bad wolf waiting in the woods, and kid, the forests round here are full of wolves...but nah, never had to...I keep about three of these on me just in case though...we can't just lay down and let another species drive us to extinction right?" He mused twirling the snuffed-out cigar in his hand.

Frisk looked at Sans again, feeling torn. On one hand Sans had just scared them a lot but on the other he had said he'd never actually done what he had done with the cigar to someone he slept with. Frisk thought about what he said again, 'just wouldn't be fair to you if we got closer without having a little chat' he thought that Frisk needed to know. It definitely left a lot to think about.

The scariest thought was that Frisk honestly didn't know if Sans would have drugged them if it hadn't been for Ms. Toriel and that was terrifying.