Extra: Many Years Later

Since Xie Chengze succeeded to the throne, Great Jin's people's lives have been getting better and better day by day.

The imperial court spent money to build a water conservancy, built many waterwheels, wrote special agricultural books, and arranged for people to teach the people how to increase the yield of crops...Great Jin Dynasty's grains were harvested year after year!

When the grain harvest is good, the common people are satisfied, they can't help but praise the one on the throne all day long.

However, the ministers in the imperial court felt that the most powerful person was Duke Lu.

The waterwheel was brought out by Lord Lu, and the money for the construction of the water conservancy was earned by Lord Lu. Even the agricultural book was edited by Lord Lu!

Speaking of which...His majesty said that the agricultural book was written by Duke Lu, and that the book used to prevent and control the plague was also written by Duke Lu...They all thought it was the emperor who deliberately promoted Duke Lu and put gold on Duke Lu's face.

Some even questioned it.

However, Duke Lu immediately showed his talent in medical skills and farming - some intractable diseases that even the imperial physicians could not cure, Duke Lu can cure. Duke Lu knows all about farming too!

He really knows!

He also knows more than this!

In short, after a long time, the ministers in the imperial court lost their tempers for Duke Lu. No matter what shocking things Duke Lu made, they were used to it, their faces won't change.

Duke Lu did a lot of things, in fact, more or less, they hurt the interests of officials in the imperial court. At one time, many people hated him, but after a long time, everyone stopped hating him.

Duke Lu has been doing practical things for ten years. Although they can't do this, they admire him.

Many people were influenced by Duke Lu and began to serve the people wholeheartedly like Duke Lu.

In a blink of an eye, it has been eight years since Xie Chengze ascended the throne. Today, as soon as Xie Chengze came down to court, someone sent him to the empress palace.

Lu Rong, the empress, is very competent. Not to mention managing the palace in an orderly manner, she has already given birth to two sons and two daughters for the 'imperial family'.

At first, Xie Chengze and Lu Rong rarely saw each other. Although they both lived in the palace, they did not interfere with each other.

But later, Xie Chengze met his little crown prince by accident and was hugged by the little crown prince...He often went to Lu Rong's place to look after the child.

The main reason is that he is too idle and has nothing else to do - the people under him are very capable, and Lu Yanzhou helps, there are fewer and fewer things that need him to do.

When he came to Lu Rong's place, Xie Chengze saw that Lu Rong was chasing her second child, the eldest princess who was only six years old this year.

The eldest princess was very agile, so Lu Rong couldn't catch her after a while.

Xie Chengze couldn't help laughing: "Hahahaha!"

Lu Rong: "..."

When the eldest princess saw Xie Chengze, she immediately ran towards Xie Chengze: "Little uncle, save me!"

Lu Rong's children were all brought up by Lu Rong and Lu Qingshan himself, and the two often took them out of the palace under Lu Yanzhou's arrangement to meet ordinary people.