Jiu Qiansui 23

Xie Chengze sealed off the capital, allowing only entry and no exit, but this had little impact on the ordinary people living in the capital.

He raided the granary of the influential families, so he had enough food on hand, therefore the grain store in the capital opened as usual.

He hired people to build roads and city walls, so that people who had no money to eat could work and earn money.

He also built a relief hall to take in orphans and the elderly.

For some people who originally lived outside the city but accidentally entered the city, he also specially arranged a place for them to live. As for where the accommodation came from...He raided the homes of many officials, they always have vacant houses.

In the first few days, people panic, but after a few days, everything becomes normal.

For them, now that none of the influential families who always wear gold and silver, shouting and cheering can be seen, this seem pretty good?

Xie Chengze's closure of the city had little impact on the common people, but it had a great impact on the influential families. Not only were they in fear all day long, but their living standards had also plummeted.

For example, their manor outside the city sent them all kinds of fresh meat every day previously, but now they have none of it.

Although the grain stores in the city are open and the prices of all kinds of coarse grains are still very cheap, the fine grains are very expensive! Even sold for a sky-high price!

What about the dishes? Pickled fish and pickled vegetables are sold cheaply, but the rest are also priced astronomically.

Ordinary people have no problem with this at all. They eat whole grains and don't eat much vegetables.

In addition, the capital has always been under the control of those influential families, so private individuals cannot sell salt. In the past, the price of a catty of salt was as much as that of a hundred pounds of grain. Now salted fish and pickle vegetables are sold for a few copper coins per catty...they are ecstatic and hoarded a lot.

However, how could the influential families tolerate eating coarse grains and salted fish?

Even at the critical moment of life and death, the influential families still felt that they could not lose face. They bought the most expensive grains and live chickens and ducks, which allowed Xie Chengze to make a lot of money.

In addition to what he ransacked from houses and the things left behind by the emperor, Xie Chengze now had an unknown amount of treasure in his hands.

Xie Chengze has asked Sheng Yuan to register these things.

Tian Qi captured people and killed them again. Xie Chengze said to Sheng Yuan: "When Yan Hang comes, give him the things here."

Sheng Yuan looked at the gold and silver jewelry and asked Xie Chengze: "Godfather, you should do this."

Xie Chengze said, "I will be busy with things so I won't have time."

Is it true that he doesn't have time? Or was his godfather actually prepared to die a long time ago? Sheng Yuan looked at Xie Chengze: "Godfather!"

"Sheng Yuan, Yan Hang will be a good emperor." After Xie Chengze said this, he turned and left.

Sheng Yuan is a smart man. He knows that Sheng Yuan will not do anything stupid and go against Lu Yanzhou.

During this time, Xie Chengze had already told his confidants to listen to Lu Yanzhou in the future.