1. a chu, just for you.

Satoshi and Pikachu were laying down side by side, resting on the soft beach sand, paw in hand and hand in paw. Alone. Just the two of them. They hadn't been like that for quite a while, most of their time having been consumed by the busy Alolan adventures they had gone on with their new friends. With school, as well! The teen and his electric mouse had been working hard and had earned a well-needed rest, therefore heading to Adventure Island.

"Hey, Buddy?"

"Pi?"

"It hasn't been just the two of us for a while, has it?"

"Chu, pika pikaaa.."

"I know right? It's amazing!"

The Pikachu let go of Satoshi's hand, instead opting to move closer and snuggle with his trainer. Satoshi tickles him behind his ear and gently strokes his fur, the 'mon chirping happily at the contact, moving even closer.

"Ya know bud, sometimes, I wish it could be just us, on our own brand new adventure."

"Ka?"

"Just us two, closer than ever!! Would be great, right Twinkle?"

"Piiiii." He flushes.

"But it's just us! I like your name, it's nothing to be embarrassed about!" Satoshi gently strokes his rodent's fur, earning a purr, as well as forgiveness.

"Kachu!"

They lay in silence for a while, still snuggling.

"Chu."

Satoshi starts giggling, more than Pikachu has heard for a while.

"Buddy!! Thanks! That was so nice of you! Should we maybee see all of the other pokémon here?"

Pikachu jumps up.

"Pika Pichu!"

With that, the pair ran into the distance, striving to meet and play with everyone on the island.

They watched Crabrawlers spar, danced in the fields with Comfey and Cutiefly galore, followed some Exeggutor to a hot spring and had a pleasant soak, and finally, laid on the beach again, this time napping in the shade, side by side yet again.

When they woke up and had a snack, they found themselves wishing for this kind of time to last forever. For them to be best buddies forever, for the soft feeling of happiness to stay in their hearts forever.

The two of them, like two flames, burned together. Two halves, forming a whole when together, one not feeling complete without the other. And they wanted to stay as a whole, for as long as they could.

Jirachi probably heard them. It must have. It must have heard the wish hidden deep inside their heads, but neither Satoshi nor Pikachu noticed its arrival or its departure, too absorbed in having fun together, now splashing in the shallow sea, laughing happily.

They wanted to stay on Adventure Island, but remembered they had to go back to Kukui-hakase's for dinner, and neither the mouse nor the trainer wanted to miss that.

Waving a solemn goodbye to Adventure island with Satoshi rowing away, the duo knew they'd be back there soon enough.

It was getting dark, and Kukui was beginning to worry. He didn't worry for long though, as Satoshi came running into the house, with his Pikachu in hot pursuit.

"Ash!"

"Kukui-hakase! Where we went was so cool!!" He beamed.

"Pika!" Pikachu jumped up onto Satoshi's shoulder, nuzzling their cheeks together.

"We went to Adventure Island!" He explains, "We made so many friends!"

"That's great!" Kukui replies, letting the kid ramble on about their little adventure and all the exciting things they'd seen, Pikachu helpfully mimicking all of the pokémon described. They had clearly had fun, and if Kukui wasn't mistaken, more fun than usual.

Maybe because Satoshi and Pikachu are the closest out of everyone he'd ever seen.

Satoshi greeted a snoring Rowlet and an ecstatic Rockruff, and after gobbling up his Alola Plate in record time, got ready for bed. He was out in record time with Pikachu curled up beside him, snoring away. Kukui shut off all the lights and went to his own room to rest, smiling as he succumbed to sleep like Ash had minutes before.