10. a new aura of battling!

After realising they would be able to participate in battles very soon, Twinkle and Satoshi ran outside to the fields in excitement. Kukui sighed, but didn't bother to stop the two, aware that they would probably shock him if he dared to interrupt their battle time. The rest of the class didn't even leave the room when Kukui began seeing a play-battle in the distance. They were eager, but the more energy they burnt, the better for him at home later. He could barely deal with a crazy kid before, and he will not be able to deal with an even crazier Pikachu, at this rate. "Come on, everyone! They clearly want to get some battling in!"

Kiawe leaves soon after with Turtonator, having been infected with some of the excitement and wanting to battle against Ash.

Twinkle gives him a little pat on the head and smiles- it's going to be Satoshi's first trainer battle! The Pikachu's fur is even scruffier than before, but he doesn't care. He nuzzles cheeks with his best friend, before receiving a high five and heading into the field.

Twinkle stays in the trainer box, just in case he's needed.

Kiawe and Turtonator then also take their positions on the battlefield, the rest of the class on the sidelines ready to cheer both sides on.

Kukui smiles, "I'll be the referee! This match will be a one-on-one, Turtonator versus- huh? where'd he go?"

Just like Kukui said, he wasn't there. He'd somehow disappeared from the battlefield.

Then, out of nowhere, a trill sounds.

"Tapu Koko?!" Kiawe shouts.

The Island Guardian nods and comes closer to the class briefly, holding a frozen scruffy Pikachu.

Twinkle uses Quick Attack to get as close as he can as fast as possible, but the diety keeps dodging.

(Pokéspeech on)

"Hey, give Sato back!"

"You are doing well in training the Chosen, but I must assist myself."

"Take me too then!"

"If you want to observe, you must earn it. I will make sure that the Chosen will not be permanently harmed."

"Fine, but why's he hanging.. limp?"

"Younglings often do that when picked up. I shall bring the Chosen back to you, unless you come for him yourself."

Tapu Koko zooms away, into the forest, ignoring the shouts of the students as well as the Chosen's best friend. That Pikachu is running after it, but their speeds are unmatchable, so Tapu Koko knows it has time to teach the scruffy little Pikachu in its arms.

Partway through the flight, the Pikachu realises he doesn't have to stay limp, and stirs, letting out a little yawn.

"Hello, Chosen."

The little mouse looks around to see where the voice came from. He looks up to see Tapu Koko and smiles.

"Hiya!"

"Yes, hello, my child."

"I didn't realise you sounded like that!"

"Your newfound understanding of Pokémon language is impressive, son."

"Where we goin'?"

"You must learn how to use your power, Chosen."

"Okay!"

"Do you perhaps know what instilled this change in you?"

"Not one bit!"

"Alright then, Chosen. You must be aware that you are one of us now, however. Am I correct in assuming that?"