3. what the chu...

It felt off. It felt... bad.

When Satoshi woke up, it kinda hurt.

But not.

It's just that......

It didn't feel right, at all.

Shaking some sort of heavy blanket off of his body, he groaned and opened his eyes a little. Weird. There's a weird yellow smoke everywhere. Actually, it's weird and yellow everywhere.

Including his hands.

No, they were not hands. Paws.

He stared at them groggily, in his half asleep state, thinking nothing of it for a while.

And then he heard Twinkle's shouts through the smoke.

"Sato! Wake up!!"

He was awake for sure, just..

Yellow.

Had paws.

Upon further inspection, had a lightning-shaped tail.

And long ears.

Just like last time...

He was a Pikachu?!

"Twinkle!!" Satoshi shouted out for his partner but something about it felt extremely odd.

The fog began to clear, and after a few seconds, there was only a little mist left over.

Satoshi attempted to sit up as his buddy tackled him into a hug of sorts.

"Sato... I was so worried when the smoke appeared..."

The Sato in question was suddenly deep in thought. How'd the smoke appear? How long was it there, making Twink worry? And most importantly, how'd he turn into a Pikachu, again?

He tried to reply to Twinkle before anything else happened, but all that he managed to let out after the original rush of adrenaline he had passed was a faint "Pi."

"What happened to you?"

No answer. This was probably too serious of a condition Twinkle could bear seeing his friend in. Exhausted, and yellow.

Twink carefully laid Satoshi down and grabbed the Moomoo Milk, putting the straw into his best bud's mouth.

Carefully consoling him as he drank.

Trying not to question what was going on.

After a while, Satoshi had finished the milk and was feeling a little better, even though still yellow. He was clearly overwhelmed by the situation at paw and grabbed Twinkle into a hug without realising.

They were both fine with the hugs, enjoying them, in fact.

Twinkle let out a happy spark, and Satoshi absorbed it, suddenly gaining a little bit more energy. So, as they huddled together, Twinkle would send sparks to Satoshi and Satoshi would squeeze him even harder than he originally was in return. Twinkle usually got annoyed at this, but Sato smelled slightly of fear just like he did after Kalos, so Twinkle didn't even budge whenever his buddy hugged him tighter. It was also a good way of testing out his strength, because the last time he was turned into a Pikachu (the first too) they hadn't really had time to battle. Twinkle couldn't resist getting pumped at the thought of a good fight. This cycle continued, until Satoi was back to his old happy self! Except for the yellow pika-part, but that was fine.

"Hey, Twinkle?"

The Pikachu blushed slightly at being spoken to like that, he was used to "Buddy" or just "Pikachu".

"...Yeah?"

"I'm sorry for scaring you. And thanks for taking care of me."

Twink just smiled.

"That's my job."

"Chu."

They wordlessly sat, still hugging, Twinkle knowing that Satoshi was thanking him with that "chu", and Satoshi just happy to have had his buddy there to help.

They sat like that for a while, until Satoshi chirped up, "So how long am I gonna be like this?"

Oh.

Well, they didn't know.

Maybe even forever...

"I honestly don't know, Sato."

Twink doesn't break the hug, but begins petting Satoshi's fluffy fur.

"Hehe... This really ain't too bad!"

"Huh?"

"I like it like this!"

Twink stopped petting Satoshi for a second or two before resuming.

"You know, about yesterday...

Maybe... Maybe this is Arceus' way of letting us be best buds forever, maybe more!"

"What.?"

"Twink, think about it! It's easier to stay together now, right? And hug too! And talk!"

"Yeah, i guess that's great, but there's a little problem, Sato..."

"Which is?"

"How are you going to talk with all the humans if you can only use Pikaspeak now?"

Satoshi froze.

"I guess you didn't think of that..."

He pouts. "Twink!! Not my fault!!"

"Yeah yeah...

So how about we eat breakfast?"

"Ooh yeah, i'm hungry!"

And with that, Satoshi finally broke the hug and jumped down from the sofa.

"Uhh, how do you like, get food?"

Twinkle could not contain his sigh.