9. ayo, who dat?

Strolling to school, Kukui explained the plan he thought of- how to reveal Ash's new self. They would go to school and pretend the class was about Pikachu (it technically was) and then it would be hinted at until someone guesses what's up or until Ash gave the signal that he wanted it said.

Twinkle proudly wore Ash's cap as Ash hid in the box Kukui was carrying, one half-filled with documents and worksheets as well as a Pikachu.

Kukui-hakase made sure to confirm that it knew what it was doing, then made a stop at the beach before school to let the restless Pokémon have some fun. He was a little surprised at first to see them having a mock battle, but then, if Kukui were a young boy obsessed with battling, why wouldn't he want to take part after being turned into a Pokémon? He observed that the scruffy Pikachu could only fully use two moves, but maybe Ash's body couldn't cope with changing too quickly to learn four moves off of the bat. Thunderbolt and Iron Tail are both moves Twinkle knows, and Ash has probably picked them up from his partner. In fact, before leaving the beach, Kukui watched as two Pikachu joined tails and let out a massive double thunderbolt. It briefly shone through many colours, before hitting the sand with a crackle.

They chirped happily before Ash re-entered the box and Kukui went on his way again, Twinkle still trailing behind them.

Passing by the Bewear Malasadas truck, Kukui felt more eyes on him than usual, then could almost feel them heading towards the Pikachu walking behind him. Twinkle, bless him, let out a lot of complaints and even threatened to Thunderbolt them before they finally stopped staring and got back to work. How'd Kukui know that? Well, the Pikachu's cheeks were sparking, and Satoshi had to lift up the lid of the box briefly to tell him something, calming him down so he would not commit genocide on a food truck. Team Rocket looked at Satoshi, too, just in disappointment, almost like they'd already had a run-in with the duo and failed to recruit them or something. Attempting to ignore it, Kukui sped up and whizzed off to school as quickly as he could.

Walking into the classroom, he was met with a cheer from his smiling students: "Alola!"

"Alola Class!" He replied, smiling at the class again and scanning the room to see if his students were present. Everyone was, except for Ash, but that was expected, he was in the box Kukui had carefully placed on the ground. Pokémon were cheerfully chattering at the back of the class- Togedemaru spun joyfully around Popplio, who was attempting to catch her with balloons; Turtonator was observing the chaos, all while growing dizzier with every one of Togedemaru's spins; Bounsweet having hidden behind Mallow, who was shielding her 'mon from Togedemaru's antics; And Twinkle, who was tucked in beside the doorway out of view, concerned for Togedemaru's sanity and tempted to run so she could not get him, staying only for keeping an eye over the box placed on to the floor minutes ago.

"Alright, I think everyone who is supposed to be here is here!" Kukui announced, voice loud enough to catch everyone's attention.

Lillie raises her hand.

"Yes?"

"So, can we say that Ash is still sick?" She inquires, as getting sick is rare in the friendly climate of Alola, and Satoshi should have gotten better quickly, known as a traveler, able to persevere through anything.

Kukui ponders the question for a moment, before stating: "Well, he is better, but since he hasn't been sick for a long while, I told him to stay home just in case."

"Ah, okay," came the relieved sigh of Sophocles, "I was hoping to ask him about Pikachu's electricity this week, I'd like to see how it's stored!"

"Ah," Kukui grins at his student, "You don't have to wait for that now!"