JHYC AU Part 7: Be Mine

Jaehan's POV

After Yechan's sudden outburst of feelings, I begun to be so attentive on him though I was still confused of the whole situation. I tried to process and connect the dots why Yechan felt so worst. I couldn't bear watching Yechan cried like that. It was so painful to watch.  Thus, I started to ask for clues. Whenever I asked Sebin about it, Sebin would just shake his head and would tell me how dense I was and so did Taedong. Dense? Me? How could I be so dense? I could easily read people quickly. Me?  Then , it all dawned on me when I had a deep conversation with Hwichan my dearest bestie in the group.

"Hyung, you are terribly dense." He blurted out. He even laughed at me a bit. 

"What are you talking about? I don't get it." That time I felt a bit irritated cause I got no clue of what they were talking. 

"Hyung. Listen." Hwichan looked at me and started to wave his chopsticks in front of me.

"Here, haven't you noticed any big change with Yechan? " He asked.

"Change? No, nothing. He is just the same, naughty brat that sometimes makes me love him or hate him." I replied.

"See! You are so dense! You can't really distinguish the difference." He answered back and he looked so frustrated.

"Hyung, you know. Ever since, after the release of your drama, the fanmeeting and stuff, Yechan has gotten to dote on you too much! Can't you tell the way he looks at you? Can't you feel that way he praises you, follows you, listens to you."

"Well, all of you do the same, don't you?"

"Hyung!" Out of nowhere, he hit me with the throw pillow.

"Hyung! OMG! You make me so stuffy! Yechan has feelings for you! It is as clear as the day!"  

"Eeeh? Stop kidding on me!" I got a bit shocked with what Hwichan had said. Yechan got feelings for me? No way!

"Hyung,  omg. you are so frustrating. Chincha! You'd better figure it out yourself." He stood up from his seat and left me hanging wondering about what I just found out.

 Ever since the moment, I couldn't help asking myself if Yechan had totally developed feelings for me. We were both men and well, I was not against of the same sex love, it was still love but knowing that Yechan fell for me? I thought it was damn ridiculous.  

Therefore, I decided to do my own investigation. I started to use my observation powers to crack Yechan's intention.  

Jaehan's Observations:

1. Yechan always follows me wherever I go. I would find him standing next to me at all times.

2. He praises me a lot even with simple things.

3. He always offer to cook something for me though he isn't good at it but most likely, just cooking cup ramyeon.

4. I catch him staring at me for a long time and when our eyes meet, he will smile widely.

5. He likes to initiate skinship but if I do, he will just push me away. 

6. He always invites me for dinner.

7. Before he didn't have the habit of waiting for me to finish my schedule, but nowadays, he will wait till I finish everything.

8. He spends more time to write songs with me and will excitedly share the songs he creates.

9. He tends to get very jealous when I give more attention to the other members.

10. His mood changes when I talk cutely to female fans. 

11.  He always mentions my name to other people telling them good things about me.

12. He always looks so happy when I compliment him and he will be super energized after it.

And the lists just go on and on. Damn. What was it? Hadn't Yechan detach himself from his Taehyun persona? Or did he really fall for me? Me? Me? I guessed it was time for me to find out. I didn't like to build an awkward atmosphere between me, Yechan and the whole group. 

It was a perfect timing. I had to go to Yechan's apartment to retrieve the documents that our manager had left. In fact, I volunteered myself to get it so that I could have a private conversation with Yechan and nobody would bother us. I pushed the doorbell and I was contemplating how to approach Yechanah naturally.

"Hyung?" Yechan opened the door and was surprised to see me.

"Can I come in? " What an intro!

"Sure, feel free."

I had been in his house many times and wow, there was a picture of me and Yechan on the shelf next to his TV stand.  Eh? I looked at it and Yechan glanced at me.

"It was given by our fan during the ASTCO fanmeeting. It was pretty so I decided to keep it in there."

"Yechanah, do you like me?" Shit! Why did I ask him all of a sudden! Stupid brain, not cooperating!

"Yes, I do. "  Yechan replied with ease and confidence.

"I mean, like as like. Like you like me for..." Before I could finish my words, Yechan was standing in front of me.

"Would you like  me to demonstrate what kind of like I mean, hyung?"   Yechan looked so fierce. It reminded me of Taehyun's psychotic demeanor.  He reached his hand on my face and....

"Your lips are dry, hyung. It needs to be wet to avoid chapped lips."  Then, Yechan kissed me! I got frozen on my tracks. My eyes went wide and my heart stopped for a moment. Yechan was so cool and bold to do it. 

"This is what I call my kind of LIKE, hyung. I think I don't have to lie at all. You always hurt my heart, hyung. You also have to suffer. You made me like this! Haven't you recalled the time that you got drunk? You just didn't know how much I suffered that night. But sadly, you couldn't even recall it."  Yechan looked at me coldly and stepped away from me.

"So, what is your business with me, hyung? We got no schedule today."

He changed the topic so fast that my brain couldn't still handle the situation a moment ago but my stupid body just autopiloted itself and grabbed Yechan and cornered him infront of his table. I just wanted to confirm something that I had been wanting to do. I inched closer and closer to him and finally, closed the gap between us. He didn't move but I felt something in me swelling up inside. Then, I moved away a bit and looked at him. Yechan was terribly shocked and I panicked a bit.

"Yechanah, Yechanah, I .. I.. I..." Omg! I couldn't formulate any words to say.  Then, Yechan closed the gap between us again and this time, I danced along with him savoring this feeling that I was looking for. All of the questions and confusions were finally answered.  I didn't know that I was starving for this. This taste that was so sweet and tender. I got no butterflies in me but I got a whole damn zoo.  We stopped for a moment to get some air.

"Hyung, are we mutual?"   He seemed to be out of breath after that amazing exchanged of love.

"Yechanah? "  I just couldn't find the words and I just laid my head on the crook of his neck. I could even hear how fast  his heart was beating. The rhythm was so calming. I loved it. I could even write songs with it.

"Hyung, be mine. Mine only."  and that, he wrapped up by kissing the crown of my head  and I just sank deeply in his warm embrace.

"Hyung, saranghae." 

"Nado, sarangahe."

Finally, but what might happen after this confession? hehe. I also wonder how the other members react to this. Will they keep it secret and private or keep it open to the members?I hope you enjoy my alternate universe fanfiction. Till then!
Love, 
Kimuchi