Chapter 20

Maybe it's because he hit his head during this reincarnation, and Bai Li felt that he was living a hypocritical life.

This kind of hypocrisy is mainly reflected in the fact that he is living in a narrower and narrower range. After his legs are disabled, he is like a disabled person, and he has become quite embarrassing.

Once a person becomes hypocritical, there is no end to it. Bai Li occasionally thinks about this in the middle of the night, and he will be overwhelmed by his own self-pity.

He felt that he had to live a little differently from others. Others couldn't stand up if their legs were disabled, but he was able to stand up, run, jump, and scream when he was angry. If others can't stand it, he can endure it; if others give up, he has to grit his teeth and stand up.

Bai Li just wanted to tell everyone that he was fine, that he was very good, that young master Bai was still in good shape, and that he was still the noble son who could easily accomplish great things and was looked up to by others.

But everyone was still just looking at his legs.

Bai Li couldn't figure out whether he was covered with only one leg or what.

Now that Lu Zhao also lifted his legs, Bai Li's brain, which had just woken up, immediately had no other thoughts and just wanted to shrink back into the blanket.

He didn't want to hear it, and he didn't want to talk about it.

With a little effort, Bai Li's hand pulled out from Lu Zhao's hand little by little. Lu Zhao's hand didn't move, and just kept holding it. When Bai Li's hand was more than half drawn out, Lu Zhao seemed to be After recovering, he raised his head and glanced at Bai Li.

The light at dusk was not clear, but Lu Zhao's eyes were bright, pulling Bai Li's nerves.

Bai Li's hand stopped and did not continue to draw back. A thin layer of sweat formed on the skin where the two of them were touching.

The atmosphere was awkward, and there was a sense of being speechless. Bai Li felt that he might be really single for a long time, and he couldn't cope with this kind of occasion. He wanted to say something, but he couldn't say it.

It was Lu Zhao who spoke first.

The tone was still very calm, Lu Zhao said: "Try again?"

Bai Li immediately remembered the appearance of the second before the old man beat him up when he was young, and the tone alone could make Bai Li's hairs stand on his head. wrong.

The look that Lu Zhao gave him had nothing to do with ambiguity, it might have something to do with murderous intent.

"Hold, hold!" Bai Li thrust his hand into Lu Zhao's, "Whoever hits the grandson!"

Lu Zhao tightened his fingers.

Bai Li yelled: "Don't break it! Grandpa, you are wrong, you are wrong!" He

used to be called brother, but now he is grandpa. The status of Lu Zhao's family has risen sharply, and I believe that it will be Bai Li's ancestor with a different surname in the near future.

Lu Zhao was taken aback by his yelling. He hadn't thought of breaking Bai Li's wrist, but he thought it was a good thing to remind Bai Li of this.

It just happened to be able to vent the unknown fire in his heart.

In fact, Lu Zhao won't really break it right now, and if Bai Li has to pull his hand, he has nothing to do. Although it was only a temporary mark, at least until the mark faded, Bai Li's pheromone had a great suppressing power on Lu Zhao.

Both of them knew it well, but apart from Bai Li's pheromone fluctuation caused by a little emotional ups and downs just now, Lu Zhao didn't feel any pressure. Bai Li is really good.

Lu Zhao felt that he was becoming more and more irritable when he was with Bai Li, so he squeezed Bai Li's hand again.

Bai Li immediately tensed his body, closed his eyes and turned his head aside, but he really didn't withdraw his hand, looking like a dog waiting to be executed.

"No," Lu Zhao didn't know whether to laugh or cry, "That's it?" Is that how bold you are?

Only then did Bai Li take a look at his own hand, and found that it was really okay. At first, he thought that he didn't feel any pain because it was broken directly and he didn't react.

"Damn it." Bai Li cursed, feeling like a silly dog, couldn't help laughing.

Lu Zhao was also brought to raise the corners of his mouth.

The two of them were poked at the point of laughter for some unknown reason, and after a long laugh, the afterglow of dusk completely fell, and when night came, the lights of the empire outside the floor-to-ceiling windows were as bright as sparks.

Lu Zhao simply sat on the ground next to the sofa, his eyes level with Bai Li's.

"I don't mean anything else," Lu Zhao said, still very calm, mainly because he has no other way to make himself appear softer, Lu Zhao is not a soft person, "Bai Li, I didn't think about it "

After living for so many years, Lu Zhao never thought about how to appear gentle. He grows up so big, all his abilities are used to make himself look strong and tough, and the nature of omega can be wiped out by him, but this is not enough, how can he think about how to be gentle with others? .

At this moment, the only gentleness that Lu Zhao could imitate was Bai Li.

It's like marking that day when Bai Li half-kneeled in front of him, trying to shrink his arms so that he didn't look threatening. At that time, Lu Zhao felt that Bai Li shrugging his shoulders and bowing his head looked like the emoji he often posted, which was the head of a crying dog.

Bai Li didn't say a word, and after a few seconds, he said "Yes": "I know."

How could he not know, this is Lu Zhao.

Say what you think, do what you want, Lu Zhao has this temper, otherwise he wouldn't be Lu Zhao.

Lu Zhao said again: "I asked. If you don't want to say it, don't say it. I just want to ask."

If someone else said this, Bai Li would definitely punch him. This is too much for you, right? If you still want to ask, just ask.

But when these words came out of Lu Zhao's mouth, Bai Li remained silent. He knew that Lu Zhao meant that he wanted to ask, and he also knew that it would make Bai Li uncomfortable, so he didn't need Bai Li to answer.

When Lu Zhao asked, he just told Bai Li that he was thinking about it, and if Bai Li wanted to talk, he would be happy to listen.

"I don't want to say it," Bai Li lay on the pillow, holding one hand with Lu Zhao, "I don't know how to say it so that I can't be hypocritical."

Lu Zhao was silent for a while, and then said: "People just live It's hypocritical enough."

It seems to be the same reason.

If people are not pretentious, why are they still alive? Do you really think that there is a lifetime of true temperament in the world? From the beginning to the end, the ones with true temperament are animals, and those who feel the nature with bare buttocks, and those who are hypocritical are people, who know how to cover up, and those who know how to cover up are wrong to reveal their brilliance. Hypocrisy is an inevitable attribute of human beings, and hypocritical people invented the word true temperament.

Bai Li laughed twice, and then said: "Actually, it's nothing. At that time, I was very close to Jiang Hao. When the wreckage of the battleship hit me, I blocked him. It was only a fucking inch, and the wreckage hit me. The cockpit cut off half of the belly of my mech, fortunately I got out of the cockpit in time, but the cockpit was deformed when it was smashed, and my legs were squeezed in it..." I didn't continue to say

, I can't go on.

The level of medical treatment in the empire is quite high now, so Bai Li's leg could not be completely recovered, and he didn't know what Bai Li looked like when he crawled out of the mecha.

"I don't blame Jiang Hao, I don't blame anyone. I just want to live. It's good to be alive." Bai Li looked at the hands he and Lu Zhao held together. He was destined to hold Lu Zhao's hand for a while, "But I don't want to see him, he feels guilty and blames himself when he sees me, and we don't look at each other, isn't that good." Lu Zhao repeated in his

heart I was unhappy again and again, and I didn't know why it was unhappy.

This was an accident, if Bai Li hadn't blocked Jiang Hao, it might not have been what it would have been. Judging from the final results, both of them survived, except that Bai Li lost a leg, but there will be no problems in life in the future.

This should be considered a good result, but Bai Li couldn't accept it emotionally, and neither could Jiang Hao. The major general lost a leg because of protecting his adjutant. This must be a permanent shadow in Jiang Hao's heart. The guilt and self-blame cannot fade away. He wants to compensate Bai Li and help Bai Li, so he apologizes again and again.

Bai Li had to comfort him, it's okay, it's nothing, it's just a leg, I have a lot of money, even after retiring from the military, I can still live a colorful life.

Bai Li may not know that whenever he vents his anger, whenever he hates Jiang Hao a little, whenever he complains about the injustice of fate, he may not be so painful.

But he is quite sober. Young Master Bai understood very well and was very reasonable. If he didn't block that blow for Jiang Hao, Jiang Hao might die. If you saved someone and then blamed him for ruining your leg, then you are still saving a fart. So he didn't blame Jiang Hao, he knew that even if it wasn't for Jiang Hao, this leg would be lost sooner or later.

One leg is exchanged for one life of a comrade-in-arms, Bai Li thinks it's not bad, at least it's more valuable than the silent scrap in the original book.

Lu Zhao doesn't know what Bai Li thinks, he just thinks that Bai Li seems to be floating in the universe, floating in emptiness, he doesn't know where to go, and he can't land, he doesn't want to hate anyone, he can only throw his anger at A void that doesn't respond.

Everyone likes to live a reasonable life, but no one wants to be a reasonable person, because it is difficult and tiring.

"I'll just say it or not," Bai Li saw that Lu Zhao didn't reply, he was a little anxious, and took Lu Zhao's hand, "You can't mention the battles you have fought. This is the fine tradition of our army."

Lu Zhao gave a "hmm" without saying anything else, and drew his fingers on Bai Li's palm.

Feeling itchy for Bai Li, he couldn't help but say, "Flowers, what are you doing?"

"To smell it." Lu Zhao replied honestly.

After several seconds of reaction, Bai Li finally understood what Lu Zhao meant. Just now Bai Li smelled the other alpha scents left on Lu Zhao's body, the smell was the strongest on his fingertips, and now Lu Zhao is rubbing it here.

Bai Li hadn't turned his head around yet, so he blurted out, "I've seen dogs pen the land, but I haven't seen anyone come here to let the dog pen it."

Lu Zhao glanced at Bai Li.

After a while, I looked again.

Bai Li asked: "What?"

Lu Zhao was very puzzled: "How did you manage to scold two people at the same time?" The

dog enclosure, Lu Zhao is still a land after all, and Bai Li is a real dog.

Hurting someone eighty, hurting oneself a hundred, and scolding Bai Li a few more times will completely scold him.

"Fuck," Bai Li realized the problem, "I'm really out of character."

Lu Zhao smiled straight, let go of Bai Li's hand, stood up, and stroked Bai Li's raised hair.

"You're really good at it," Lu Zhao said, "Let you circle."

After speaking, he raised his hand, the lights in the room turned on, and then he went back to his bedroom to change clothes.

No one continued that topic. After hearing what Bai Li said, Lu Zhaoguang felt that if he continued to talk about this matter, he would have to cover Bai Li's mouth.

What can I do if I know it? Lu Zhao pondered, he felt that he would never ask Bai Li such a thing for the second time. Even if Bai Li told him how he survived all these years, how painful his legs were in the first few years, and how ugly his walking was, Lu Zhao didn't want to hear it anymore.

It's not that I don't care, it's not that I don't feel uncomfortable, but no matter how uncomfortable it is, Lu Zhao can't help.

It was Bai Li who was in pain, and Lu Zhao could only watch.

Lu Zhao discovered that there is really very little that can be done between people.

Too little, too little for him to bear.

When Lu Zhao's bedroom door heard the sound of closing, Bai Li turned over on the sofa, stared at the ceiling for a few seconds, and began to take a deep breath.

While breathing, he picked up his personal terminal and sent a text message to Situ.

Bai Li: Brother, have you ever had the experience of being touched by someone on the head?

After a while, Situ replied.

Situ: Don't panic, dogs are like this.