Chapter 70

After the first match of the Imperial Research Institute Mecha Contest, the competitions in each division officially started.

While the competition was going on fiercely, the discussion on the opening match in the military academy, the major legions, and the mech forums still continued.

The unpopular white01 model achieved the first victory without damage and exceeded everyone's expectations. This almost invalidated hundreds of prediction posts on the mecha forum that the Bai's research institute would end after the opening. A small number of supporters took screenshots and threw them on Starnet to make fun of them.

The short video game footage from the audience watching the live broadcast was also forwarded and played, which also made many citizens of the empire who had no knowledge of mechs feel the shock of mecha warfare for the first time.

Some people say that victory means everything, and the record of the white01 model proves that the research and development concept of Bai's Research Institute is feasible, and that future battlefields will not all rely on the heavy firepower of heavy mechs.

Heavy mechs require extremely high physical fitness, and the pilots who can drive freely are basically alphas. The population of the empire is declining year by year. After all, the proportion of alpha is small, and beta is the majority. If the white01 model can really lower the driving threshold, it will undoubtedly provide a road for many people.

There are also people who still kill the heavy mechas that are the mainstream of the empire, and the mechas that rely on cleverness to win cannot shake the status of the absolutely destructive mechas.

Most people still think that just one victory doesn't mean anything, and the one who wins to the end is the real strong, and the final record is enough to explain everything.

But no matter how the three parties argue, it is an indisputable fact that Bai Li himself displayed superb driving ability, strong mental strength and superhuman reaction in the race.

Last year, the great god "Ming Da" of the military forum posted the reply that "after all, without such strength, it is impossible to serve as a general in the First Army."

Under the watchful eyes of many people, the game in the main sector was in full swing. After the opening game, the main stage was divided into two areas for the two groups to fight at the same time, so as to avoid the game time being too long.

With the excellent start of the opening game, the next game is under continuous attention.

When Bai Li's name appeared on the holographic projection again, the speed at which the live broadcast robot's flash lights went on and off reached a new peak.

In Baili's second match, the opponent was still a heavy mech.

The map is relatively normal, and it is also a map that Bai Li and Lu Zhao often draw when they simulate confrontation, an undeveloped star covered with vines.

Bai Li's bad luck was the same as before, he was hung upside down on the vine as soon as he was refreshed, he almost fell headfirst and became dizzy.

The advantage of the heavy mecha is very obvious. No matter how entangled the aggressive vines are, with their own artillery suppression, they can blast out a range for standing.

The white01 model, which gave up some destructive weapons, was sentenced to death on the mecha forum almost at the moment when the map was refreshed.

Han Miao and Chen Nan in the auditorium were heartbroken, but Lu Zhao and Jiang Hao didn't react.

"You two are talking," Han Miao slapped his thigh, "Analyzing and analyzing the style of play is also fine, but I am really worried, right?" Jiang

Hao was very calm: "This picture was smashed by Bai Li." "

Ah "Chen Nan, who doesn't have a machine armor, doesn't quite understand, and looks at Lu Zhao, "What do you mean?"

Lu Zhao folded his arms, watching Bai Li swiftly shuttle between the twisting vines on the holographic projection, and said calmly : "No one has played Baili before." After a pause, he added, "This is his home game."

As if to confirm Lu Zhao's words, in the following period of time, the white01 model, which had been suppressed by the heavy mecha artillery fire, changed its style amidst boos, and hit the opponent directly.

At the same time when the narrator asked in a daze, "Are you crazy?", the big net woven by vines followed closely behind Bai Li, and he was hooked to wrap it around the heavy mecha.

The pilot in the heavy mecha panicked immediately, and immediately mobilized all available weapons to bombard the group of vines with all its strength, but a single vine was easy to deal with, and the artificially mobilized vines collapsed like mountains and seas, successfully consuming the heavy Mecha energy.

In order to support the huge body and format weapons of the heavy mecha, sufficient energy support is also essential. The heavy armor that consumed too much energy on the vines looked like a large iron bear in front of Baili, and was bombarded like a sieve by the small-caliber ion cannon carried by white01 in the subsequent fight.

The second game took a long time, but the white01 model finally won.

When the names of Bai Li and white01 on the holographic projection flashed a unique blue light belonging to the winner, the audience regained a little sanity from the state of being dumbfounded.

A few minutes later, the Jijia forum exploded.

"Fight Nima! Is this a mecha battle or a puzzle game?"

"White01 won again? How did he win? I don't understand!" "

Can Bai Li be straight, huh? "

Han Miao browsed the forum for a while, feeling a little emotional: "I really won't stop even if I win." "

Actually, the meaning of this kind of competition is not so great for front-line actual combat," Jiang Hao said, "Cosmic warfare has a cosmic warfare style. , There are land battles in land battles, and different battlefields require different methods of response, even if Bai Li is using a heavy mech, he still fights in this way."

But this is just the explanation of Jiang Hao, who is familiar with Bai Li, and there are doubts on the forum.

Chen Nan and others also had a heated discussion, and the auditorium was buzzing.

Lu Zhao, who had been silent for a long time, only said after watching Bai Li off the main stage: "Heavy mechs have a shortcoming that has not attracted attention, that is, they consume too much energy.

" Stop discussing and look at Lu Zhao.

"The strong firepower has always covered up this shortcoming, which has led to the fact that imperial pilots are generally used to fighting fast." Lu Zhao took out his personal terminal, glanced at the mecha forum, and raised his hand to click on a post that praised Major General Bai. After giving a thumbs up, he continued, "Once the war is prolonged, it is easy to be unable to act due to excessive energy consumption. There are actually many examples of this on the front line, but because there are supply ships following, most people don't care."

He said here, did not go on.

The people around were all knowledgeable, and they quickly understood the meaning of Lu Zhao's words.

Bai Li himself is an elite who can drive the heavy mech "fly swatter", and has a deep understanding of this type of machine. He was able to win, on the one hand, because he took advantage of the terrain and vegetation, and on the other hand, because he was familiar with heavy mechs.

This is not a battle of wits, this is a battle of experience.

The star rotation in the main arena, and soon the next set of matches will begin.

Chen Nan turned her head to look at Lu Zhao, and after a while, looked again.

"Hey, I found out," Chen Nan leaned closer to Lu Zhao and said, "This is the first time you have explained so much about one thing." In the

past, even when reporting on the battle situation, Lu Zhao was always concise.

Lu Zhao was stunned, and Chen Nan teased, "Because it's Bai Li?"

This question left Lu Zhao at a loss for a moment.

He didn't think about it so much, and he always followed his heart when he said and acted. He understands Bai Li, but from the bottom of his heart, he also hopes that Bai Li can be understood by more people.

Once you understand Bai Li, you will know that he is really a good person.

Lu Zhao tilted his head and thought for a while. Amidst the shouts of the audience, Chen Nan heard his answer: "Yes." It didn't take long

for veterans or front-line army personnel to give analysis on the forum.

"I have to say that Bai Li is really worthy of the rank of 'major general', and he is really from a family. He understands the status quo of the imperial mechs too well." "I'm a little convinced,

I'm starting to look up to white01 everyone!"

Imperial Research On the first day of the Academy Empire Contest, the enthusiasm of the competition remained high.

After the unpopular white01 model blocked the mouths of quite a few people with two victories, it ushered in the third battle today.

Compared with the heated discussion about the capabilities of the machine itself, Situ and others were more worried about Bai Li's legs.

In the third battle, the opponent was still a heavy mech.

After three consecutive battles of heavy mechs, even the other pilots were a bit overwhelmed, let alone Bai Li, who had to concentrate his energy throughout the process.

Although the white01 model has lowered the requirements on the body, it still has to bear a certain amount of pressure after all. After playing the second game that took a little longer, Bai Li's legs had some vague discomfort in the knees.

As soon as he got off the stage, the assistant immediately began to massage his legs.

"Can you do it?" Situ asked in a low voice, "I have an analgesic with me, or..."

Bai Li shook his head.

Analgesics have certain side effects, which will definitely affect Baili's ability to concentrate.

"Stupid competition group," Situ began to scold again, "Is there any competition like this? Three fights in one afternoon, all of which are heavily armored!

" Let him kill the idiots in the competition group."

Situ gave Bai Li a slight push.

"Our mecha is originally made for special people. If I can't do it, won't this mecha be discontinued?" Bai Li said patiently.

Situ sighed, a little indescribably depressed, and sat beside Bai Li to look at the scar on Bai Li's leg.

Inside and outside the arena, everyone was talking about the victory of the white01 model. Everyone almost forgot why the white calendar had been silent for so many years.

Bai Li knew that Situ was feeling bad, good brothers were really good brothers, no matter how much they flirted with each other, they couldn't see such a scar.

"I don't want the substitute to be on the bench, one is because I really want to play, and the other is because the substitute is healthy and still has an A." Bai Li patted his leg, "No one can drive white01 better than me, because there is no People are more suitable to be a golden sign than me."

Only by letting special people drive this mecha to win the final victory will it be the most convincing.

Bai Li's severely damaged legs will make this mecha developed for special groups of people.

Situ turned his head aside and remained silent.

"Hey, I'm talking to you, Mr. Si." Bai Li patted him, "Why are you ignoring people!"

Situ turned his head back, his eyes were a little red, and shouted hoarsely: "I fucking know!

" Li Hou was stunned, and plucked his ears for a long time.

After a short rest, Bai Li picked up the helmet again.

"If you're really uncomfortable, just stop." Mr. Si babbled, and took other researchers to check the data again.

"Don't tell me this all the time, okay?" Bai Li had no choice but to move his left leg a few times. The massaged leg felt a little relieved. It didn't hurt so much, only a little sleepy and weak. It's a time-consuming match with two like that, and I really can't drag this group of heavy mechas."

Teacher Si was worried and worried.

"Quick battle, let Major General Bai detonate the audience." Bai Li put on his helmet and glanced at the clock in the rest area, "I have to hurry up to eat." The race was announced, and the drivers walked onto the

main stage.

The white01 model, which has been slapped in the face twice and posted on the forum, is undoubtedly the focus of attention in the main star area on the first day of the competition. Bai Li walked onto the main stage amidst the lights and cheers, and crossed his left and right index fingers in full view. an "X".

Before the narrator understood what it meant, he greeted his opponent and entered the simulation cabin.

Han Miao and Chen Nan in the auditorium showed puzzled expressions, but Lu Zhao and Jiang Hao guessed the meaning of the gesture because they had played many simulated confrontations with Bai Li and spent a long time together.

"Can't he restrain himself?" Jiang Hao was very helpless, "Does it have to be so eye-catching and hateful?"

Lu Zhao watched Bai Li walk into the simulation cabin without answering.

Bai Li would be uncomfortable if he didn't attract people's attention, and he would be unhappy if he didn't attract people to hate Bai Li.

What this grandson has always enjoyed is the feeling that others hate him so much that his teeth itch, but he can only bow down and say "convince".

Soon, everyone understood what that "X" meant.

really fast.

The opponent in the second match is still a heavy mecha, which has always been the key model in previous solicitation competitions.

The map is a desolate star covered by a dirty sea with extremely low visibility. The dirty sea is a general term for an undeveloped planet with unknown properties.

Bai Li's refresh point is still very "God does not bless me", refreshed into the chaos of 20 meters below the sea, while the opponent occupies a wreck of a warship on the sea surface, and Bai Li's appearance is a record light cannon.

This way of squatting to beat rabbits is quite insulting, Bai Li was held in the chaotic water for half a minute before he could figure out the situation. This time, the opponent was equipped with a light cannon that could be used for long-range bombing, and Bai Li was still almost pierced even if he opened the distance.

Mechas are mostly used for space warfare and land warfare, and they don't carry too many underwater combat weapons, not to mention the white01 model that gave up part of its destructive power for the sake of sensitivity.

It is not a good thing for Bai Li to be trapped under the sea of ​​chaos for too long.

Just when the auditorium was shocked by this kind of combat method of hitting the probe, a black figure sprang out from the water and hit the heavy mech directly.

The pilot of the heavy mech this time is obviously not as experienced as Gao Haizu in the previous game. Coupled with the pressure brought by Bai Li's strength at the beginning of the game, when the detector sounded, the nervous driver couldn't see it clearly. Whatever it is, just raise your hand and shoot a light cannon.

A burst of light burst out from the collision between the black shadow and the light cannon, but there was no hint of any damage to the machine body.

Immediately, under the surface of the water closest to the heavy mecha, Baili's mecha stepped on the wreckage of the warship and left the water at an alarming speed. As soon as the shoulder entered the air, the white01 model on the shoulder carried the most lethal medium-caliber The ion cannon blasted out, from bottom to top, heavily sweeping across the cockpit of the heavy mecha embedded in the abdomen.

"The cockpit is seriously damaged!" This series of actions was too fast and violent, and the commentator finally caught up with the progress after a few seconds, "Bai Li used the light knife handle thrown out of the water as a bait, and accelerated underwater to approach the opponent—— It seems that the time interval between the detection of the bait and the white01 itself by the detector is too short, and the driver of the opponent did not distinguish the key point!" The

disadvantage of the heavy mech is that the response is a little stiff, and the huge body makes them lose part of their flexibility. There will be a short reaction period of a few tenths of a second after an attack, and the white01 model uses this short reaction period to give the opponent a fatal blow.

Bai Li's fuselage was completely out of the water, but he didn't stand upright, so he dodged the ion cannon of the heavy mecha, and pulled out a second light knife with his backhand, cutting across the joint of the heavy mecha's legs.

The body of the heavy-duty mecha was tilted, and before it could stand still, Bai Liguang raised his knife one by one, causing a string of sparks on the surface of the fuselage, and directly inserted it into the cockpit.

The narrator exclaimed: "I believe that the driver Bai Li's fighting skills should be very good. He made the best use of the advantages of the white01 model, and the white01 model has also made him such a driver!" On the holographic projection

, The white01 model flew up and stomped on the shattered cockpit. The heavy mech, which was already standing unsteadily due to a wounded leg, leaned back, and the light cannon was skewed, missing a good opportunity.

The small-caliber ion cannon mounted on white01's hand fired several bursts, and bombarded the relatively fragile abdominal cockpit of the heavy mecha at close range.

The ruthless approach and crisp judgment left the narrator and audience with nothing but amazement and trembling.

Amid the sound of explosions, the names of the heavy mecha and its driver on the holographic projection turned gray, and the names of the white01 model and Bai Li flashed a blue light.

"——The game is over, the winner: the white01 model and the driver Bai Li!"

Amid the applause, the door of the simulation cabin popped open, and Bai Li took off his helmet and walked down, making an "X" again.

On the holographic projection, a series of statistical data were also displayed one by one. When Bai Libi gestured, the battle time was also displayed.

The game time is nine minutes and twenty-eight seconds.

This is the shortest time since the start of the game.

In the auditorium, Chen Nan heard Lu Zhao beside him say calmly, "Ten minutes."

"Huh?" Chen Nan turned her head.

Lu Zhao imitated Bai Li's appearance, compared to "X", but with a slight inclination, it became "ten".

"Fuck..." Han Miao took a look and muttered in a low voice, "It's crazy, Young Master Bai."

It's crazy, but you can't do anything about it.

After just half a minute, everyone present understood the meaning of Bai Li's gesture.

Say ten minutes is ten minutes, only hurry up, never late.

This arrogant attitude detonated the main arena and the audience watching the game behind hundreds of suspended robots.

"Damn, isn't this kid a little too crazy?

"

"To be honest, the image of Young Master Bai hasn't changed much over the years...he seems to have always been like this..." "

I've given in to Major General Bai, and on the first day of the competition, I've given in to it.

" With the gene of showing off, quite a few people look down on Bai Li's arrogance, but no one dares to say that Bai Li is not worthy of this arrogance.

If you can solve a heavy mecha in ten minutes, you can be so crazy.

Major General Bai is the same as before.