Chapter 53

Bai Li is also used to being a hands-off shopkeeper. When the institute was established, he basically didn't participate in other things except getting money. The first batch of people was put together by Situ.

In the Empire, basically the highest ideal for research is the Imperial Research Institute, and the newly established "re-employment base for disabled and laid-off people" like them can't find any capable people at all.

The military adviser Situ dug around, abducted people overnight, and was greedy early in the morning to get together the first group of people.

Now the research institute is developing well, and there is finally room for selection when recruiting new students. Teacher Si and the other interviewers have a very high vision, and they have the characteristic of people who engage in research that they don't turn around when they speak. Bombing indiscriminately, Bai Li didn't understand professional issues very well, so he folded his arms and used the side as the background board.

At 3:30 in the afternoon, Bai Li entered the interview room, and until almost 5:00, Situ didn't find many candidates.

"You can also give me some advice," Teacher Si said with a frowning face, "Boss Bai, if you want to surf the Internet, why don't you go home?"

Bai Li said casually, "Fart, I'm a decent person, I never surf, vulgar. "

Situ scolded: "Fart, I can see it clearly. You just zoomed out the virtual screen to browse the forum, replied to the post, and scolded people for ten minutes!

" Li said, "If you are serious about interviewing, you still know that I'm swearing? Give me the time?"

Fortunately, Teacher Si was not pissed off, and several other researchers laughed.

Bai Li put his personal terminal on Situ's place: "Furthermore, my purpose is very clear."

On the virtual screen was the personal resume of the interviewer Situ had passed to him before. strangeness.

There are two words written in the name column on the resume: Yang Han. It's an omega.

Next to it is a photo of me. It seems that the photo was taken when he graduated, and he still has a student's bookish look, with delicate features and eyes that are unique to people who only deal with research all the year round.

"Are you sure it's this person?" Situ asked in a low voice.

Bai Li went through that resume several times. The college and major he graduated from should be correct, and his appearance should be more in line with the description in the original book. Bai Li could not remember the name clearly. One, but Bai Li really didn't have much impression.

The biggest reason for this person's appearance is that Tang Kaiyuan's mental strength is unstable. He provided a method to help him stabilize. During this process, the two of them got on good terms. Then there are several other characters in the harem to appear.

It may be because the usefulness of this character is gone, and the author of the original work wiped out the person's sense of existence when he wrote later, and he couldn't even remember the white calendar clearly.

Bai Li frowned and thought about it. Lu Zhao had talked to him about Tang Kaiyuan's strangeness. In the past few days, he also recalled the pheromone hedge with Tang Kaiyuan when the susceptible period was out of control.

It has to be admitted that the hero is the hero after all, and Bai Li failed to overwhelm Tang Kaiyuan when the pheromone and mental power were most likely to soar during the susceptible period.

But Bai Li vaguely felt that Tang Kaiyuan's pheromones were not as strong as he imagined. In the original book, Tang Kaiyuan should have suppressed the angry Bai Li in the original book as soon as he came out, and taught the original book Bai Li how to behave.

This section describes the plot in detail, but I don't know what went wrong. It seems that even Tang Kaiyuan's plot has deviated.

But I'm so awesome. Bai Li thought arrogantly, maybe it's because Laozi himself is stronger.

Since he had a showdown with Lu Zhao, he seemed to have unloaded a large burden. He still had some worries, but he started to blow rainbow farts in his heart when he was free.

Bai Li said: "It should be him, why didn't this person come for an interview?"

If Tang Kaiyuan's mental power is really unstable, then this omega named Yang Han is an opportunity for change. If he doesn't provide a stable method for Tang Kaiyuan, then the plot will have the biggest deviation so far.

An assistant responsible for arranging the interview process explained: "Mr. Yang is currently living and working in a subsidiary star of B24, and it will take time to come here, so the time for arranging the interview is relatively late."

Bai Li flipped through the resume again.

Yang Han is now working in an affiliated star research institute, which is different from the description in the original book.

While watching, the personal terminal received a text message from Lu Zhao.

Major General Lu's words were still concise: where?

Bai Li immediately sat up straight: "Institute, I've exhausted my calendar, I've been working all afternoon, hoo hoo."

If the next round of interviews wasn't about to start, the old scalper Situ would give him two punches now.

Lu Zhaohui: Do you work?

Bai Li: I watched Teacher Si work.

Lu Zhao issued an ellipsis.

Young Master Bai didn't care, and sent another text message: Brother Major General after get off work? Have you ever thought about it, Brother Major General?

Lu Zhaoyan said concisely: Yes.

I don't know which question to answer, Bai Li feels that they should answer together. He couldn't laugh, Lu Zhao is too upright, there are people in this world who are so honest and have such a temper with Bai Li.

Just as he was enjoying himself, Lu Zhao sent another message: I'm going to pick you up, I have something to do.

Bai Li froze for a moment, and was about to reply when Lu Zhao's third text message arrived again: work, don't call back, I'll drive.

Other people's three messages in a row are usually chatterbox, but Lu Zhao is very clear, answering questions, giving instructions, and blocking Bai Li's mouth. Save time and effort with clear purpose.

Bai Li put his personal terminal back and wondered what was wrong with Lu Zhao. He raised his head and gave his boss a fire-breathing gaze, and finally felt what little conscience he had left. He cleared his throat and sat up straight to start the next round of interviews. .

When Lu Zhao arrived at the research institute, Bai Li had already followed Situ to interview two people like a dog.

Everyone in the research institute knew Lu Zhao and took him all the way to the interview place. It is said to be a room, but in fact, the usual public rest area is separated quickly, without any obstructions. The people waiting for the interview are all in another rest area, so they are not afraid of being heard.

Lu Zhao didn't move forward and stood a little further away, but he still saw Bai Li at a glance.

Young Master Bai's good skin can withstand the comments of netizens from all over the empire. He sat on a chair with his long legs folded, and yawned lazily while playing with the personal terminal in his hand. Because of that face, this arrogant dog-like Lu Zhao seemed to be quite pleasing to the eye.

In fact, Bai Li couldn't be blamed, he came here after Yang Han, he really didn't care much about others.

He doesn't know much about scientific research, and has always adhered to the principle of entrusting professional matters to professionals, and left all the affairs of the research institute to Situ. On the one hand, Teacher Si felt that Bai Li's non-intervention gave him a lot of freedom, and was very moved, but on the other hand, he felt that Bai Li just wanted to order him around, and his teeth itch with hatred.

In the middle of Bai Li's yawn, he saw Lu Zhao standing there, his sleepiness immediately turned into a smile, he greeted the people around him, and walked over in two or three steps.

"It's pretty fast." Bai Li took Lu Zhao to a place where no one was around. "It's the end of the year, and I thought you'd have to hold meetings until night."

Lu Zhao shook his head: "It's open, and it broke up halfway through."

Bai Li frowned: "Scattered?"

Glancing at Bai Li, Lu Zhao said, "Jiang Hao was called away by the superior." "

Shouted away?" Bai Li was surprised, "What's going on?"

"Jiang Hao logged into the military On the intranet, I intercepted some things about your mission, and some of your personal achievements, and put them on the Internet." Lu Zhao's voice was very low, "It said that he leaked internal information to tarnish the image of the military." Bai

Li His lips moved, but he couldn't tell what it was like.

Jiang Hao made a big fuss when the mess happened back then, but the whole Jiang family placed too much hope on him, so he didn't make it to the end.

Perhaps compared to Bai Li's block, the compromise at that time made him even more unable to accept himself.

Bai Li took a deep breath: "Have you said what to do? After all, he is also a nobleman." "

I don't know the details," Lu Zhao said, "For the time being, I just want him to put down his work and go home to rest.

" There is leeway. Bai Li's brows were slightly loose. He didn't expect Jiang Hao to come out like this, and he didn't know if the grandson's mind was caught by the door when he logged into the intranet.

When his hand became hot, Bai Li realized that Lu Zhao had held his hand and squeezed it. Lu Zhao looked at him and said, "I'll let Huo Cun pay attention, and I'll let you know if there's any new situation." The

current Baili is no longer what it used to be. He has no connections in the military, and he offended many people a few years ago. Lu Zhao knew, so he drove to tell him as soon as he got the news.

Where did Major General Lu care about these messy things before?

Bai Li was so daring, and in broad daylight, he kissed Major General Lu directly on the lips.

"It's okay, Jiang Hao's family background is there," Bai Li licked his lips, "Don't talk about being kicked out of the military, even if he is demoted and transferred."

Lu Zhao didn't expect this grandson to be in the crowd. The research institute dared to come here for a while, not to mention that Bai Li was playing a hooligan and didn't delay talking about the business, so he reacted for a few seconds before chuckling.

Bai Li was tickled by the laughter: "I'll ask Jiang Hao about the specific situation later, this kid doesn't know why he's crazy."

In the end, he was still worried, so he still had to ask.

Lu Zhao saw that he knew what was in his mind, he said "um" and was about to let go, when he felt Bai Li scratching his palm.

If you say that you have basically done what you need to do, and you already know how many scars the other party has, but this kind of small tricks can still seduce Lu Zhao unbearably.

Major General Lu used to think that he was a piece of iron, and oil and salt would not enter him.

Unexpectedly, Young Master Bai was a piece of concrete like a magnet, and he was attracted to it with a "bang".

After Bai Li scratched it, he felt that Lu Zhao's hand that was about to let go was suddenly tightened.

"Oh, this is not good," Bai Li said in a straight voice, "Pay attention to the influence, it is not our army's style to gossip in public." "..."

Lu Zhao was speechless, "You are right."

With a backhand twist , almost broke Bai Li's wrist.

Lu Zhao: "Public places can be beaten."

"Let's go," Bai Li grinned, grinning, "Wrong, wrong, Major General Lu, I was wrong!"

Lu Zhao didn't let go.

"It's really wrong, Huahua," Bai Li begged for mercy, and had to use his trump card, "Brother Major General, Li Li was wrong."

Lu Zhao wanted to laugh and let go of Bai Li's hand because of the smooth flow of the words.

Bai Li was rubbing his wrists and was about to say a few words when he heard someone walking this way and asking, "Excuse me, is the interview here?" Looking back

, the face he had seen on his resume not long ago appeared in sight.

Sweat dripped from Yang Han's forehead, probably because he rushed all the way, his complexion was not very good at the moment, and he didn't know why no one was leading the way, so he finally saw Bai Li and Lu Zhao, so he asked a question.

After asking, he realized that the distance between the two of them was very close, which was very subtle. He froze for a while, with a hint of embarrassment on his face.

"It's here." Bai Li's gaze paused on his face for a few seconds, "Are you here for an interview?"

Yang Han nodded, "I'm sorry, I just rushed over from the B24 affiliated star, and it was a little later than the scheduled time. "

The voice sounded a little cold. Unlike Lu Zhao's coldness, Yang Han was more dull.

This is the elite of the Imperial Research Institute in the original book? Why doesn't it feel like it?

Tang Kaiyuan's harem is full of young and promising omega, the bright future of youth, either becomes the background board, or becomes a necessary condition to satisfy readers' sense of conquest.

"Yes, wait a minute, I'll go inside and talk to them." Bai Li told Yang Han, then turned his head and asked Lu Zhao in a low voice, "Flowers, would you like to listen to them together?"

Lu Zhao didn't understand.

"I said, besides that little reporter that day, there is another Omega who will be in contact with Tang Kaiyuan." Bai Li said.

Suddenly, Lu Zhao remembered the little red-haired reporter he saw in the hospital that day during Baili's susceptible period.

In the past few days, Lu Zhao thought about what Bai Li said several times, including the little reporter and this omega. In fact, he has no real sense of these things until now. He knows that Bai Li has been fighting against unknown things for several years. Lu Zhao wants to do something, but he can't find a breakthrough.

He didn't know why, when he met Bai Li, there were too few things he could do.

Lu Zhao pursed his lips. He wanted to hear it, but after all, this was the research institute's business.

Bai Li suddenly laughed a few times.

"The person who caused us to quarrel for the first time is here," he leaned into Lu Zhao's ear and said, "We sincerely invite allies to supervise, supervise each other, make progress together, and build a harmonious marriage together." Lu Zhao couldn't hold back, and raised his

hand Grabbing Bai Li's lower back severely, he blocked his broken mouth.

As soon as Yang Han walked into the interview room, Bai Li's sense of gap became even greater.

In the photo on his personal resume, he could still see some high spirits, but Yang Han, who was sitting there now, didn't have much energy. His expression was a little tired, and there were two faint dark circles under his eyes, which made his eyes look a little more dull.

It is a thousand miles away from the vigorous elite of the Imperial Research Institute in the original book.

Situ and the other researchers asked some professional questions, and Yang Han answered them fluently and in a calm tone.

It seems that he answered well, Situ nodded to Bai Li.

Lu Zhao did not enter the interview room, but leaned against the outside wall, half-casting his eyes to hear Bai Li's voice.

Bai Li looked at Yang Han and asked, "Mr. Yang, let me ask you a question. Based on your grades in school, it shouldn't be a problem to apply for the Imperial Research Institute, right? Why did you go to the local research institute of the affiliated star?" "I applied for the exam

. I passed the Imperial Academy and took the exam three times," Yang Han said in a tired voice, "all of them got stuck in the interview." The

Imperial Academy exam is divided into written exam and interview. But it's not absolute. As long as the relationship is strong, the interview is just a formality.

Yang Han's background is mediocre, so he probably didn't find a way to get him into the Imperial Research Institute.

Then this is strange, according to this situation, how did he get in in the original book?

"I see that you have completed two degrees," Bai Li clicked on his personal terminal, "One is a major in mechs, and the other is..."

Yang Han pinched the bridge of his nose: "Psychic power and pheromone-assisted development "

"Yes," Bai Li glanced at him, "this major is very small." "

It's not considered a small group, the main thing is to study whether it is possible to increase the control of mental power and pheromone through external means, which can be used in the research of mechs. On the one hand, it strengthens the spiritual connection between the mecha and the human body." Yang Han explained, and then asked, "The position I applied for has little to do with this aspect." Bai Li said: "You

applied for the Imperial Academy at that time because of this It's mainly about the major."

This question has nothing to do with the interview topic, several researchers looked at each other, feeling confused, Situ shook his head, motioning for others not to interrupt.

Yang Han was slightly surprised: "It is indeed... how do you know?"

If it weren't for this, in the original book, Yang Han would not have come into contact with Tang Kaiyuan who came to the Imperial Research Institute for help, and he would not have used the newly developed product on Tang Kaiyuan to help him stabilize his mental power.

"Guess." Bai Li smiled, looked at Yang Han and asked, "It can be seen that you like this major very much. The Imperial Academy should not have any talents in this field. Why don't you consider continuing to develop in this direction?" Yang

Han The expression on his face became a little more complicated. He was silent for a while before he sighed: "I really like this major, and I also admire a top professor in this field. I have been taking this professor's class during my school days. I hope I can It's just a pity to enter the Imperial Research Institute to continue studying in this field..."

Bai Li's nerves tensed up, he sat up straight, half-closed his eyes, but his tone was very casual: "Why is it a pity?" "

Our kind of research It was a small crowd, it was very difficult, and the risk was not small. There have been failure cases, and the experimenters have been permanently disabled, which is miserable." Yang Han shook his head, "Mental power is innate to human beings. The level has been finalized, and many people think that forcibly controlling mental power and pheromones is against the laws of nature."

Bai Li wanted to pinch Yang Han's neck to squeeze out the words in his stomach, but he had to be patient and continue. listen.

"That's why research in this field has been stagnant. The application submitted by the Imperial Research Institute a few years ago has finally been approved by the royal family, the military and the parliament, and a research project has been launched, mainly aimed at strengthening mental power," Yang Han said. , "That professor is the main person in charge of the project. During my school days, I have always hoped to enter the Imperial Research Institute and continue to study beside the professor." Situ suddenly remembered

this: "I know about this project. There was quite a commotion. But later, because the person in charge passed away, the project was terminated."

"That's right," Yang Han nodded disappointedly, and said sadly, "After the professor passed away, the project has been unable to advance. I heard that there was another experimental accident, and finally had to be terminated." Bai Li said: "What does this have to do with you?

" "

The experimental accident of this project has caused a great negative impact, and the Imperial Research Institute has also stated that it will not continue this type of experiment and research, so job opportunities in this field have also been greatly reduced," Yang Han sighed, "The professor is still alive. Shi originally wanted to recommend me to enter the Imperial Research Institute, but he died unexpectedly, so I lost the opportunity to be recommended internally, and I failed the exam three times, so I had to find another job." He participated in

the The projects are also related to this field, so looking for a way out to find other jobs, the resume seems a bit thin, and it took a long time before entering an affiliated star research institute.

Maybe it's because Yang Han has been tempered by the society that he doesn't have the vigor in the original novel. Bai Li frowned slightly. He felt that he hadn't grasped the essence of the problem. It was a professor who died unexpectedly that changed everything, but there was no such person in the original book.

In the original book, Yang Han was already a young rookie at the Imperial Research Institute when he appeared on the stage, and he didn't talk much about his past. Perhaps there was such a professor, but he did not appear in the original book.

Unexpectedly, the death of a character who has never appeared before will bring about such a huge change.

Why did this professor die suddenly?

Lu Zhao outside the interview room was also frowning and thinking. Bai Li had explained Yang Han's general situation and driving role to him. Logically speaking, he should be a relatively key person. Could it be that such a change would have taken place so easily?

Several researchers sighed in the interview room: "It seems that the professor is quite important. If he doesn't pass away, maybe the project will continue."

"Indeed," Situ said, "I also heard that he encountered an accident on a business trip. What kind of accident?"

Bai Li heard Yang Han's voice in deep thought: "The ship on which the professor was on a business trip encountered interstellar pirates. Failed, everyone in the boat..."

"Encountered the interstellar sea..." Situ was stunned, and suddenly turned his head to look at Bai Li.

For a moment, Bai Li almost heard the sound of his own blood rushing in his veins.

Qi and blood rushed to his brain, his waist straightened unconsciously, and he stared at Yang Han: "What year is it?"

Yang Han couldn't remember clearly.

"What year?!" Bai Li's voice increased several degrees.

Lu Zhao couldn't help walking into the interview room as early as the word "interstellar pirate" came from Yang Han's mouth. He looked at Bai Li and felt that Bai Li was burning.

Yang Han was startled, thought for a moment, and spit out a year.

This year has left a particularly clear imprint on Bai Li's past life.

With this year as the boundary, Bai Li's life was once divided into two parts. In the first half, he was unparalleled, but in the second half, he was in a state of despair.

In that year, Bai Li experienced the darkest period of his life.

In that year, Bai Li was injured and retired from the military.

Bai Li almost went out.

He looked at Yang Han, his mind buzzing. He asked again, with a calm voice and the same tone as usual: "Are you sure?"

"Yes, I remember correctly," Yang Han said.

Bai Li stood up, patted Situ on the shoulder and signaled him to leave first.

"Bai Li?" Situ was a little confused, "Are you okay?"

Bai Li wanted to speak, but he felt that he might yell when he opened his mouth.

A hand reached out from the side and grabbed him. Bai Li glanced at Lu Zhao and shook his head.

Lu Zhao paused, turned back to Situ and said, "It's okay, let's go first."

After speaking, he pulled Bai Li towards the door.

Bai Li felt that Lu Zhao's hand was very powerful, and pulled him step by step towards the orange light in the evening outside the research institute.

It turned out to be like this, Bai Li thought to himself, it could still be like this.

He escaped the first injury node of the plot arrangement, and in order to forcibly get back on track, the plot arranged the second accident. In this accident, the professor died, which caused Yang Han to lose the opportunity of internal recommendation and failed to enter the Imperial Research Institute. The project was also terminated shortly after the death of the professor. Yang Han had no chance to get in touch with the core of the project, and naturally he would not There are products that can stabilize Tang Kaiyuan's spiritual power.

In the original book, Bai Li is a clearly described character, while the professor is an existence that is not mentioned in the book. At this moment when Bai Li is really living in this world, the world has to complete the life of each character, so Lin Sheng and the professor appear.

The world created a character without a name, and let him die easily.

The world created Bai Li, and injured and broke his leg in order to make him a stepping stone for Tang Kaiyuan.

They are all small characters, insignificant beings who are crushed by the plot without emotion, but they are real people.

No one should be sacrificed senselessly to complement another.

Bai Li's chest swelled violently, and what was suffocating inside was a howl like a lowly beast.

Lu Zhao pulled Bai Li out of the research institute, and he roughly figured out the outline of the matter during these few steps, as if there was a fire in his heart, which made him ache.

He heard Bai Li's laughter.

"Damn it, I'm convinced," Bai Li stood on the open space outside the research institute, "Lu Zhao, do you understand? What I got in exchange for this leg is not only the messy news and public opinion today!" Lu

Zhao I don't know what it feels like in my heart: "Yeah."

"I used one leg to change a flaw in fate!" Bai Li's voice couldn't help raising his voice.

He laughed loudly, with the joy of revenge for his fate, his stomach hurt from laughing, and he bent down to support his knees with his hands.

Standing in front of him, Lu Zhao felt that he should feel happy, but when he looked at Bai Li, he felt his breath shaking.

From the first day he knew Bai Li, he had seen all kinds of Bai Li's smiles. Lu Zhao thought that he would like any kind of his smile, but today he found that he couldn't stand Bai Li's smile like this.

"Bai Li," Lu Zhao called out, "stop laughing."

Bai Li's voice couldn't stop, the laughter didn't look like a laugh, it became like a roar. He needed to yell like this to get rid of what had been in his chest for years.

He couldn't tell if he wanted to laugh or scream, just like he couldn't tell if he was happy or sad.

The collar tightened, and Lu Zhao pulled Bai Li up by the collar, and his outline was reflected in Lu Zhao's eyes.

"Stop fucking laughing," Lu Zhao said, "Who cares about this flaw, I want your fucking leg!"

Bai Li's heart was hit suddenly, as if Lu Zhaochang was in his heart and knew his deepest pain.

If he could choose, he wanted a free life, not a belated reward after a long period of pain.

This return has soaked in the sadness for so many years, and the taste has long since changed. He felt exhilarated, as if he had killed an enemy, but after a short period of exhilaration, he sat in a pool of blood and found that the scars from the past were still there, and his pain had not disappeared. He still had to bear this pain in the future life.

Bai Li felt Lu Zhao's mood swings, and what was surging was not joy, but traces of unwillingness and powerless loss.

It can't be like this, Bai Li told himself, how could he make Lu Zhao show such an expression.

"Fuck, it's okay. Actually, I'm very happy." Bai Li opened his arms and hugged Lu Zhao. "One leg exchanged the life of my comrade-in-arms. It changed today's situation. It's worth it. It's really worth it.

" There was a major turning point in the plot, using this leg to save Jiang Hao's life, and using this leg in exchange for the now boiling public opinion, uncovered an invisible barrier, like a firecracker blasted out of the lower layer of black sludge.

Lu Zhao occasionally felt that Bai Li's light was obtained by burning himself, and he used himself to ignite the firecracker.

It burned so badly that it was worth it.

Also feel happy.