Chapter 42

With Tang Xiao coughing violently, the Emerald Star set sail and left the port along the established route.

Bai Li stood far away, stretching his neck to watch the waiter and the robot help Tang Xiao's slightly fat body up from the floor. Mrs. Tang followed lightly and walked towards the lounge together.

"You can really do it," Situ just recovered from his wild laughter, "You are not afraid of him choking to death, good guy, just swallow it whole in your mouth. Warrior, a real warrior." Jiang Hao hasn't made a fuss

yet Understand: "What's the matter? Bai Li, are you crazy? You want to kill Tang Xiao on this occasion? You came here secretly." Lu Zhao couldn't help laughing

.

Jiang Hao quickly changed his words: "It's not okay to be sneaky, a society ruled by law!"

"Secretly poisoning," Si understands seriously, "Don't make it

loud. "

Of course, he never thought about what he would really do to Tang Xiao. On such an occasion, and on a cruise ship, it was such a mess that he couldn't even pee with Lu Zhao.

"I'll give you a local product." Bai Li took out another small bag of snacks from his trouser pocket, and handed it to Jiang Hao

. There are four big characters written brightly: salted fish and dried fish.

Lu Zhao finally understood that Bai Li's wickedness was an indiscriminate attack.

By the time Jiang Hao sucked in his breath and realized that Tang Xiao stuffed something into his mouth just now, the cruise ship had already entered orbit and began to slowly sail around the main star.

Outside the huge transparent wall for guests to watch, the main star is like a bright pearl, and the vast river of stars flows around it, surrounding the beating heart of the empire.

After everyone sighed at the beauty of the main star, Tang Xiao and Mrs. Tang appeared in the banquet hall again.

Maybe it was because he coughed too much just now, Tang Xiao accidentally knocked over the wine glass, and the champagne spilled all over his trouser legs, but now he reappeared, he has already changed into a dress.

Bai Li glanced at Mrs. Tang. In order to match Tang Xiao, she also changed into a suit of clothes. The light pink dress looked decent and gentle on her, but it was still high-necked and long-sleeved, except for her hands and face. Outside, no more skin was exposed.

The joviality of playing just now has been weakened a lot.

Bai Li's feelings for Bai Ying are very complicated. In the original book, Mrs. Tang's sense of existence is as thin as a background board. It only writes that she is gentle and obedient, and basically does not explain the details between her and Bai Li in the original book.

If it was Bai Li in the original book, he might not have much affection for this mother who was not close to him. After all, Mrs. Tang never showed her face until his ruin.

But the current Bai Li is different. From the moment he landed, his shell was filled with the soul of an adult who knew the plot. Knowing his son's old lady, until the year when he was in Noble Primary School, when he was waiting for the driver after school, he saw Bai Ying who sneaked out of the house in disguise.

Bai Li's hand was tightened, he came back to his senses and found that Lu Zhao was staring at him.

"Uncomfortable?" Lu Zhao asked in a low voice, afraid that Bai Li's left leg would be affected if he stood for a long time.

Some people are not very good at speaking softly by nature, and even a word of concern can only be expressed with the three words "uncomfortable".

Bai Li smiled: "It's okay."

It's okay, it's okay to see Lu Zhao if there is something to do.

The salted fish was very dry, Tang Xiao was still holding a cup and pouring water madly when he was standing in the middle of the banquet hall. The taste of imperial people has long been blunted, and this stimulating taste almost didn't send Mr. Tang away on the spot.

When Tang Xiao opened his mouth, his voice was no different from a jammed engine: "Thank you everyone...cough cough!

"

A few people on Baili's side laughed wickedly.

"Thank you for attending my wife's birthday party," Tang Xiao cast a precise gaze from the group of people, and poached Bai Li with hatred, but did not dare to stay on his face that seemed to be smiling but not smiling. She was already smiling when she spoke, with a gentle tone, "My lover has always liked to admire the main star from the universe. In order to make her happy, I specially prepared this banquet on the Emerald Star, and I also want to tell her that in my heart, She is as bright and bright as the main star!"

After speaking, she turned her head and smelled Madam Tang's cheek amidst the applause and laughter of the crowd, and the kiss made Madam Tang blush, and the movement of holding Tang Xiao softened a little.

"It's been so many years, and the relationship between these two is still so good."

"Mr. Tang and Mrs. Tang are a model couple."

"It's better to fall in love freely, and it's not in vain that Mrs. Tang made a big fuss in the Bai family back then... ..."

The people around whispered, envious and blessed, but the words became more and more biased. When the Bai family was mentioned, some people subconsciously turned their heads to look at Bai Li.

I saw Eldest Young Master Bai talking to Major General Lu with his head tilted and smiling. The peeking people followed and looked at Shang Lu Zhao with a pair of emotionless eyes. His heart broke out, and they each looked away. No one mentioned the Bai family anymore. It's an old matter with the Tang family.

Tang Xiao continued: "There is another honorable person at this banquet! Not long ago, my wife and I had the honor to receive a letter written by His Majesty. In the letter, His Majesty expressed blessings and congratulations. This is Tang's honor. With my sincere invitation, I have finally invited the envoy who delivered His Majesty's message to board the Emerald Star!" The highlight

of the dinner party finally arrived, and the atmosphere was extremely lively for a while.

"I would like to introduce you tonight's Gui," Tang Xiao turned slightly, and saluted with a slightly bulky body, "Mr. Lin Sheng!" Amid applause,

a male alpha in a luxurious dress stood beside several entourages. He came under protection, nodded slightly, and said with a smile: "Mr. Tang is angry, I just came to have a meal."

Everyone was amused by this slightly playful joke.

Jiang Hao, who was standing aside, swallowed the champagne in his hand in one gulp, put the empty glass on the tray in the waiter's hand, and said in a low voice, "Pretend to be a fucking pretender.

" He seems to be an offshoot eight generations away from the royal family," Situ endured, but he didn't hold back, "Why do you bring so many followers? Can someone help you when you go to the toilet?" Lu Zhao turned his head to look at

Bai Li's face, under the bright light, every trace of Bai Li's expression is very clear.

But don't try to find any flaws in his face.

At this moment, Lu Zhao seemed to see the rumored young Master Bai. He stood alone at the banquet where there were a lot of cups and cups, he didn't give in, he didn't bow his head, he didn't like to be a grandson, and he didn't give others a chance to see jokes.

And Bai Li's childhood was strung together by such a series of dinner parties.

As a new nobleman in the past two years, Mr. Gao stood beside Lin Sheng with a smile on his face and chatted: "I heard that Mr. Lin Sheng is trying to research a new type of mecha?"

"It's just a hobby," Lin Sheng smiled modestly, "I've loved mechs since I was a child, and I'll never forget the feeling of driving mechas in actual combat in the legion. Now that I'm retired, I hope I can get closer to mechas in this way. "

Everyone lamented Lin Sheng's enthusiasm for mechas, which is rare among royal children in public.

Mr. Gao smiled and said: "Speaking of Mr. Lin Sheng's deeds in the Legion, I remember that you and Mr. Bai Li both served in the First Legion?

" , but we haven't seen each other for many years after we left the army."

"That's a coincidence, I remember he was there—" Mr. Gao turned his gaze to Bai Li, "it's right there."

Bai Li and Lin Sheng's gaze collided briefly, and he saw a trace of dodge and guilt in Lin Sheng's gaze. But soon, the unique confidence of the royal family returned to his face.

Lin Sheng finished talking about the scene in a relaxed and happy tone, and after joking a few words about today's protagonist "love couple", he turned to this side again, turned his head and said a few words to the people around him: "Long time no see, I have to go Let's say hello."

Everyone seemed a little surprised, but no one knew about the friendship between Lin Sheng and Bai Li. It was mentioned by Mr. Gao at this moment. Calculating the time, it seems that the years when the two set foot in the military world did overlap.

Mr. Gao smiled and said, "I'll be with Mr. Lin Sheng."

After saying that, he took a step behind Lin Sheng and walked towards Bai Li and the others.

Jiang Hao's face was very ugly. He folded his arms, subconsciously put on a defensive and vigilant posture, took a step forward, and stood shoulder to shoulder with Bai Li.

In everyone's eyes, Lin Sheng waved his hand and walked towards the side, and said with a smile, "I haven't seen you for a few years, Major General Bai!" Lu Zhao

frowned.

"Damn it," the aristocrat-educated Lieutenant General Jiang swears, "I'll never call you that again."

Bai Li took a sip of champagne: "You know I'm causing more trouble for me."

Lu Zhao Tried to speak, but found I couldn't get in or help.

Between him and Bai Li, even if they understand and explain thoroughly, there is not much that can be done.

At this moment, Lin Sheng is like a walking spotlight, wherever he goes, he will become the focus of everyone's attention. As soon as he opened his mouth, he was "Major General Bai", and everyone stared at Bai Li in surprise or regret. After so many years, it occurred to him that the Bai family was actually in Baili's generation, and they were also mixed. through the military.

It's a pity that the time is too short, and the meteor is fleeting.

Lu Zhao felt Bai Li's hand withdraw from him, and he clenched his empty hand into a fist.

Lin Sheng walked over from a long distance, his hand was already stretched out, and he made a gesture of shaking hands.

I saw Bai Li stretching out his hand calmly, and with the standard arrogant smile of Young Master Bai, he stepped forward two steps to greet him under the eyes of everyone.

Then he slapped Lin Sheng hard on the palm.

There was a crisp sound, and everyone present was dumbfounded.

Lin Sheng's hand was still stretched out, and he stared at Bai Li in a daze.

Young Master Bai smiled lazily: "Happy hands."

Lin Sheng: "..."

Mr. Gao: "..."

Bai Li was very sincere: "Really, I greet my good brothers like this."

In order to express his authenticity, Young Master Bai turned around and raised his hand to Jiang Hao: "Good brother!"

Jiang Hao also raised his hand and clapped his hands: "That's it."

Then he turned to Situ.

Situ clapped his hands: "Yeah!" After clapping one by one, Bai Li finally turned to Lu Zhao, probably because he was afraid that

he would not cooperate, and shouted: "Dear!"

He couldn't figure it out, how angry this grandson could make him laugh.

Lu Zhao raised his hand to give Bai Li a high-five, but he didn't let go after the clap. He held Bai Li's hand with his backhand and let it hang down naturally.

Just clapping hands and taking pictures in such a circle, there are basically few people around who can pick up the conversation.

Everyone knows that this is a demon king who has never been serious since he was a child. He can be as far away as possible at the banquet. In recent years, Bai Li has not shown his face very often. With today's operation, the memories of all the guests are suddenly clear. There was still a bit of sympathy in Xiang Lin Sheng's eyes.

That sound is really crisp, does your hand hurt?

Lin Sheng's palm was numb. Looking at Bai Li, he felt that the slap was not on his hand, but on his face.

In that rescue mission back then, he had a big fight with Bai Li, Jiang Hao, and the three of them, and the first-level official had this surname, so he finally suppressed these two noble sons who disagreed with him. For this victory in the quarrel, he was proud of it for a while.

What happened afterward... Lin Sheng didn't continue to think about it, but withdrew his hand and smiled gently: "Major General Bai is still as bold as before." Then he looked at Lu Zhao again, "Major General Lu Zhao, although this is the first time we meet, But I have always admired you."

Lu Zhao glanced at him and nodded as an answer.

"In the past few years, I have been looking for an opportunity to talk to Major General Bai." Lin Sheng showed a trace of guilt on his face, "I have always been very sad about the accident that year. Major General Bai's withdrawal from the military is also a loss to the empire..." Jiang Hao said

coldly Said: "Accident?"

"Of course it was an accident," Lin Sheng smiled calmly, "The high-level military officials have also explained this point. I remember that Lieutenant General Jiang was there at the time, and he didn't seem to raise any objections." Jiang

Hao His face darkened.

Back then, due to a major mistake in Lin Sheng's command, the rescue failed. The interstellar pirates blew up the entire sightseeing boat, and were buried in the cosmic star sea together with the soldiers who sneaked in on it. After the incident, Bai Li was seriously injured and hospitalized. Jiang Hao was the only one who could stand and listen to the explanation given by the higher-ups. He compromised.

Before that, he also refuted angrily, but he still bears the burden of the family and cannot compete with the royal family for the future of the whole family.

For so many years, Jiang Hao has been living in guilt and suffering, unable to raise his head.

The cryptic exchange of words between several people caused the surrounding crowd to whisper, and Bai Li squinted his eyes. He was quite surprised by Lin Sheng's initiative to chat today. After that incident, Lin Sheng didn't even dare to show his face. He was sent to a subordinate star by the royal family to avoid the limelight.

"Lin Sheng," Bai Li put his other hand in his trouser pocket, raised his chin and said casually, "There's no need to do this."

From the beginning, Bai Li gave Lin Sheng a different feeling from Jiang Hao. Jiang Hao is a wolf bred by his family in his heart, no matter how aggressive he looks, his bloodiness has been wiped away by the restraint of generations. He had his family's future wrapped around his neck, and he couldn't break free for the rest of his life.

Bai Li is different, Bai Li is a mad dog. Mr. Bai couldn't control it, and he was the only one left in the family in his generation. After the incident happened, what the royal family feared most was that this Young Master Bai would make trouble regardless. Fortunately, the Bai family is already on the road of decline. Bai Li passed away, and Bai Li alone is not enough to stir up big waves.

Lin Sheng's face slowly warmed up. He looked at Bai Li, and after their eyes exchanged briefly, Lin Sheng smiled slowly: "Major General Bai misunderstood, I have no other meaning." If he hadn't been mentioned

today Lin Sheng and Bai Li were old acquaintances, and Lin Sheng would never have this meeting with Bai Li.

"I've been out of the military for a long time," Bai Li said, "You can just call me 'Grandpa'."

Mr. Gao has been watching the excitement, and he frowned when he heard this: "Mr. Bai, your words are too presumptuous Already!"

"I meant to replace 'major general' with 'young master'," Bai Li wondered, "why did

he act presumptuously?" Maybe it was because his expression was too sincere, and there were a few uncontrollable sniggers from around him. .

"Mr. Bai," Lin Sheng's expression didn't change much, and he didn't follow Bai Li's words. He smiled and said, "I was lucky to play with Mr. Tang Kaiyuan before, and I heard him mention that you are also very good at mecha research. Interested. We can communicate more in the future. If Mr. Bai needs something, just ask, and I will try my best to help."

He stretched out his hand again, looked at Bai Li and said, "I really regret that Mr. Bai was not here. If possible, I hope that Mr. Bai can open up a new world in the field of mecha research."

Because of this sentence, a little spark in Lu Zhao's heart surged up like a handful of hot oil. fire.

"Failing to realize the ambition in the military world" is like a thorn, piercing precisely in the hearts of Lu Zhao, Jiang Hao and others.

Bai Li frowned, different from Jiang Hao's focus, the first thing he noticed was the phrase "fortunate to play with Mr. Tang Kaiyuan".

In the original book, Bai Li was injured earlier, and he retired from the military not long after he was injured, while Lin Sheng never appeared in the original book from the beginning to the end. But now, Lin Sheng's appearance is because he avoided the injury node in the original book. To Bai Li's surprise, it sounds like Lin Sheng and Tang Kaiyuan have already known each other.

The Tang family and the royal family actually got involved?

Bai Li looked at Lin Sheng's outstretched hand, and countless thoughts flashed through his mind, feeling a little ironic.

In the original book, there are not many mentions of the imperial family. Often only a few main characters are needed to support a whole world, and the establishment of the rules and systems of the stallion world often lags behind the establishment of the characters. Because of this, the several appearances of the royal family in the original work are all for Tang Kaiyuan. The meritorious deeds were affirmed and added another touch of color to his glory.

The whole book is estimated to be no more than a thousand words of the royal family, a world setting that readers will forget as soon as they read it, and only when he really lives in this world will he know how suffocating it can be.

"Excuse me."

An unfamiliar voice interrupted Bai Li's thoughts. He glanced at Lin Sheng with a half-smile, pretended not to see the hand, and followed everyone to look at the speaker.

Lin Sheng's hand paused in mid-air, and he retracted it expressionlessly.

The person who spoke was a young nobleman, with a slightly thin body and not outstanding appearance, but there was a bit of fortitude in his facial features. Holding an object covered by a light shield in his arms, he walked through the crowd: "Excuse me, I'm here to thank Major General Lu Zhao." Bai Li was stunned for a moment, then turned to look at

Lu Zhao.

Lu Zhao shook his head: "I don't know."

"Major General Lu," the young nobleman was not embarrassed by this sentence, but bowed solemnly, "My surname is Zhou, Zhou Yue. Thank you for taking care of my brother before. I haven't had the opportunity to come to thank you in person. I'm really sorry. "

The surname is Zhou, Bai Li said "Oh", Zhou Linshan.

The recruit who caused riots due to the differentiation period some time ago. Zhou Yue is the current head of the Zhou family.

The legion riot incident was once considered to be an uproar. Although the story was turned over after the legion clarified, Lu Zhao never responded directly to this matter. Due to various concerns, the Zhou family has always been secretive, and did not dare to stand up and clarify the facts when the storm was on the cusp.

Unexpectedly, after many days, the Zhou family chose to express their thanks in person at the occasion where nobles and rich people gathered.

Under everyone's probing and curious eyes, Zhou Yue straightened up: "My brother is not yet fully recovered, so he can't come to thank you. He asked me to send you a small gift, and I hope you don't dislike him." After finishing speaking, he

will Pick up the object in your hand and remove the layer of hood.

That is a pot of flowers.

Between the slender branches and leaves, and the delicate green, two pale golden Kali flowers are in full bloom.

Under the light as bright as day, the color of the petals is like the "Golden Carrie", the military medal that symbolizes honor and merit.

After a short silence, someone exclaimed: "I haven't seen the pale golden kali flower for many years!" "

This is a pale golden kali flower cultivated in our greenhouse," Zhou Yue showed a trace of sincerity on his face. "I really don't know how to thank Major General Lu Zhao, I hope you don't dislike her." Everyone

in the empire knows the meaning of Kalihua.

It is the best compliment to the brave men who fought in the starry sky, the brightest medal of the empire, and the ideal and goal of countless young people who have devoted themselves to the military. On this luxurious cruise ship, only Lu Zhao had the golden Kali bloom on his chest three times.

The movement here attracted everyone's attention, and Tang Xiao and his wife and the rest of the guests also saw this pot of pale golden Kalihua. Tang Xiao's complexion was complicated, he opened his mouth, but did not say anything, but Mrs. Tang said softly, "It is very beautiful." "Indeed,"

Lin Sheng said at the right time, "It is a color worthy of the meritorious service of Major General Lu Zhao."

Bai Li's gaze moved away from the two Kali flowers and landed on Lu Zhao's face. The expression of the young major general fluctuated in a rare way, and he stared straight at the pot of kali flowers.

"Don't be dumbfounded, major general brother." Bai Li said in a voice that only two people could hear, and let go of his hand, "Go."

Lu Zhao turned his head and glanced at Bai Li, his eyes were floating Some small emotions. Her lips moved, but without speaking, she stepped forward and took the pot of Kali flowers from Zhou Yue.

"Once again, I would like to express the respect and gratitude of my brother and I to you," Zhou Yue said, "I hope your future will always be bright." Lu Zhao's fingers lightly touched the

pale golden petals, and he pursed his lips, like an extremely Xiao Xiao smiled: "Thank you." After a pause, he said again, "Can I pick one? I'll give it away."

The value of this kind of kali flower is no longer measurable by money. As soon as Lu Zhao's words came out, Lin Sheng, Tang Xiao and others who were close did not react. After a brief astonishment, Zhou Yue nodded and smiled, "Of course, it's already yours."

Under the watchful eyes of everyone, Lu Zhao raised his hand and picked a blooming pale golden kali flower.

Then he turned around and pinned it to the suit pocket on Bai Li's chest.

Bai Li stood there, watching Lu Zhao stretch out his hand, and the Kali flower on his fingertips was clearly petaled under the dazzling light.

Here is the vast universe, where the stars are. The lights here are bright and the wine is staggering. There are all kinds of eyes here, and there are hearts that know neither good nor evil.

But Lu Zhao only looked at Bai Li.

He pinned the golden kali to his chest.

In the silence, Lu Zhao looked at Bai Li and said, "They owe you, and I will pay you back."

Bai Li felt that the root of the flower pierced his chest through his clothes.

There was a buzzing in his ears. Situ turned his head and wiped his eye sockets. When he turned his head again, he applauded as if no one was there. Si Dong and Jiang Hao followed closely behind. Mrs. Tang didn't look up to see Tang Xiao's face, and then applauded. After clapping her hands, she looked at Bai Li, her eyes were steaming, but she didn't dare to shed a tear. Lin Sheng's complexion was difficult to distinguish. As the number of people applauding increased, he and Tang Xiao had no choice but to join in. The sentence "It's a pity that Mr. Bai failed to realize his ambition in the military" was turned over in such an understatement, which seemed a bit ridiculous.

The applause spread, and on this gorgeous cruise ship, no one asked why they applauded.

Some answers seem to have been buried in the bottom of my heart, but for some reason, everyone never mentioned them.

Lu Zhao didn't care about the applause, he just kept looking at Bai Li.

He and Bai Li have always been like this, no matter how much they know each other, there is very little they can do.

Lu Zhao thought, then the best thing he can do is to always remember.

I will always remember Bai Li's expression at this moment, I will always remember Bai Li standing under the light at this moment, and I will always remember the way Bai Li looked at him. Always remember that Baili is not someone under the light, he should walk side by side with light and glory.

Even if no one else knows, I will always remember you in glory.

Let the golden kali flower bloom on your breast.