The Wedding

"You almost ready, Luce?" Tim called from the living room. The two were supposed to leave ten minutes ago.

"One moment!" Lucy yelled from their bedroom.

Tim impatiently looked at his watch, "We're going to be late for the reception."

"Just give me a minute!" Lucy shouted. Tim sighed, rubbing his temples. It was always like this, he would be ready on time and Lucy would be running late.

Finally, after what felt like hours, Lucy emerged from the stairwell.

She had a floor-length red dress and nude heels that peeked out with every step she took. Her hair was down and curled, resting on her shoulders. Her earrings were short and dangly and sparkled in the light.

"Finally," Tim says, standing up from the couch, "You took forev-" Tim stopped in his tracks.

"Well hello Ms. Chen," Tim says, wandering over to her. Lucy giggled as he wrapped his hands around her waist, placing a soft kiss on her lips.

"Okay, we have to go," Lucy giggled as she lead Tim by the hand to the car.

The drive to the venue was short, it was at a garden a couple of miles away from where they lived.

"This is gorgeous," Lucy said, stepping out of the car.

White satin was hung from white pillars and floral arrangements lined the white carpet leading to the altar. The altar had a floral arch over it, with large white vases holding more floral arrangements.

"A lot of flowers," said Tim, linking arms with Lucy and locking the car. "It's a floral wedding, what did you expect?" said Lucy.

"Hey guys," said Angela, hand in hand with Wesley. "Hey," said Lucy, "Where is Jack?"

"With a sitter," said Wesley. "Figured that John and Bailey wouldn't appreciate a baby at their wedding,"

Lucy chuckled softly, "Should we..um, sit?" she asked awkwardly. "Truthfully the only weddings I've ever been to was yours and Nyla's."

"Yeah, let's go sit," said Angela, leading Wesley and the two of them to a row of chairs.

~~~

"That was gorgeous," said Lucy, standing up from the chairs with Tim. "You're such a softie," said Tim.

"I am not," Lucy prostrated. "You cried when Bailey started walking." Tim pointed out.

"She was with her dad and she just looked so pretty and John looked so happy-"

"—Again, you're a softie,"

Lucy rolled her eyes. "Come on let's go,"

She grabbed Tim by the hand, leading him over to the dining hall.

"This is ten times more gorgeous," said Lucy. "You think everything is gorgeous," said Tim.

The dining hall had a large crystal chandelier handing over the dance floor, floral arrangements at every table, and the room was dimly lit.

"This is double gorgeous, I mean look at that chandelier," Lucy says, pointing at the sparking light.

Tim shook his head as he made his way over the table chart. "Table 17," he says, linking arms with Lucy, leading her over to their table.

~~~

"That food was amazing," said Lucy, wiping her mouth with a napkin. "Let's go dance," said Tim, standing up.

"Tim Bradford the dancer?" said Angela with a sly smile.

"No one is dancing," said Lucy, looking up at him.

Tim shrugged, pulling Lucy up to her feet.

"I never struck you to be a dancer, Bradford," said Nyla, coming up behind them.

Soon, people began filling the dance floor, including John and Bailey.

Tim took Lucy's hand, twirling her around.

"You got moves, Bradford," Lucy giggled, spinning around.

After dancing and drinking for hours, the two decided it was time to head home.

"My feet hurt," Lucy whined as they headed for the car. Tim stopped and bent down, undoing Lucy's heels.

"You're perfect," Lucy says, clearly a bit tipsy. "You're such a lightweight," said Tim.

"Am not," Lucy pouted. "You had one glass of wine," said Tim, picking up Lucy's heels.

"Come on, watch out for rocks," said Tim, guiding Lucy to the car.

He pulls open the door for her, helping her into his truck.

The drive home consisted of Lucy blabbing about how gorgeous the wedding was.

Tim pulled into the driveway and tried to guide Lucy to their room as quickly as possible.

"Get ready for bed before you crash," said Tim. "I'm not going to crash, I'm just tipsy," Lucy argued.

"You're going to crash," said Tim. "You're one of the biggest lightweights I've ever met."

Lucy grinned at him. "The wedding was gorgeous,"

"Enough," Tim rolled his eyes.

"I'll be taking notes for our wedding,"

Tim's eyebrows shot up so fast he thought they were going to fly off his face.

"I'll keep that in mind," he says, walking into their bathroom.

~~~

A/N: hii!! chenford proposal/wedding in the near future 👀? please leave suggestions for stories/rewrites that you'd like to see!!!!