The Puppy

Tim awoke to a small creature flying up into the bed. He turned to his left, in search of Lucy, but she was gone.

The creature had golden fur and floppy ears with its tail wagging so fast you could barely see it.

"Sorry," said Lucy, sneaking into the room. "I wanted it to be a surprise."

"You got a dog?" said Tim, rubbing his eyes.

"I got us a dog,"

Tim raised an eyebrow, "We are both way too busy to be having a puppy. Between Metro and UC hours we're barely home,"

"Tamara agreed to watch him," said Lucy.

She sat down at the corner of the bed, "I'm sorry, I should've asked you first before I brought a new responsibility into our lives,"

Tim smiled at her, "I'm not taking care of this dog,"

"What? I thought you loved dogs,"

"I do. I just don't want to take care of one right now, I'm too busy,"

Lucy sighed, "Fine, Tamara and I will enjoy the responsibility of Goldie,"

"You named the dog Goldie?"

"Yeah, isn't it cute?"

"It's a name that the dog will outgrow,"

"Not even, he's a golden retriever, it's cute."

"Whatever, get ready, we have to go to work,"

"I'm already ready, breakfast is out on the counter,"

Lucy gave him a small smirk before grabbing Goldie and heading out to the kitchen.

Tim took no time to get ready and emerged from the bedroom to find Lucy and Tamara laying on the floor playing with Goldie.

"Isn't he the cutest?" Lucy gushed.

"Are you kidding me?" said Tim, heading over to make himself a coffee. "You two are such softies,"

"You know, just because you're grumpy doesn't mean we are softies," said Lucy.

"You are the biggest softie that I've ever met,"

Lucy's attention was too focused on Goldie to hear Tim.

Between Lucy and Tamara's giggles and a hyper puppy, the floor was practically throwing up sunshine and rainbows.

"Let's go, Luce," he says, holding out a cup full of coffee.

Lucy got up off the floor, taking the cup of coffee.

"Make sure to take him out for a walk," Lucy reminds Tamara, heading for the door.

"Don't worry," Tamara replies.

~~~

Lucy was running late.

Don't wait up. She texted Tim. I'll be home late.

When she was finally able to escape the station and head home, Tamara was gone.

"Tamara?" she called. "Tim?"

Goldie was nowhere to be found either.

Panicked, she made her way to the bedroom.

There, she found Tim napping, flat on his back. Goldie was sleeping on top of Tim's stomach, and Tim had one hand on Goldie's back.

Lucy made sure to snap a picture before waking up Tim.

"And I never thought that I'd ever see Tim Bradford sleeping with a puppy," said Lucy, walking up to the bed.

Tim's eyes fluttered open and Goldie stirred awake.

"Just because I refuse to take care of the puppy doesn't mean I can't sleep with him," said Tim.

"Uh-huh. Who's the softie now?"

Tim rolled his eyes, "We are not talking about this ever again,"

~~~

A/N: thanks for reading! sorry for the short chapters, i'm trying to think of more things that i can go more in depth on. make sure to leave suggestions!!!