The Little Words (6x01 SPOILER)

SPOILER WARNING FOR 6X01

~~~

Lucy dragged herself into her apartment, it felt weird without Tim following behind her. 

She wasn't even sure how he got home. Her car was their way of getting to the station this morning and he had walked away before she could gather the courage to offer him a ride home.

"Hey," Tamara says, walking into the kitchen. "Where's Tim?"

Lucy sighed, rubbing her forehead. "We had a fight,"

"Do you want to talk about it?" Tamara asks, sitting down at one of the barstools.

"Today was just...rough. I was so worried about the detectives exam that I let Tim and his Tim Tests get to me," Lucy says, dropping her bags by the door.

"He's still doing Tim Tests?"

"I asked him to, kind of. I wanted to ride with him hoping that he could help me prepare for the detectives exam."

"So...what went wrong?"

"I don't know, we were both under a lot of pressure adn Tim was just being Tim. You know, a hardass,"

"Does that bother you? How come you didn't say anything to him?"

"Things are so stressful right now. Between the attacks from last week to Primm having it out for me, Tim and I have barely had any quality time,"

"So text him,"

Lucy shook her head, "No, he was right. We need some space tonight."

"Do you believe that?" 

"I don't know. For a second, I swear I thought he was going to break it off tonight,"

Tamara gave Lucy a sympathetic smile. "You guys will work it out, you always do."

~~~

Lucy anxiously sat in her car. She wasn't sure if she should go inside or wait for Tim to park his truck.

Before she knew it, in the corner of her eye, she saw Tim's truck pull into the parking lot.

"Okay," she whispered to herself as she gathered her things.

She slowly got out of her car and watched Tim park his truck a few stalls down from her.

She made her way to the front of her car as she watched Tim get out of his truck.

In their breif moment of eye contact, she swears she saw him smile at her.

"Hey," she says softly as he took long strides to get to her car.

"I'm sorry," she says, shifting foot to foot. "I asked for your help, and I of all people should have known your ways of helping people. I should've expected it."

Tim gave her a soft smile. "I'm sorry too. For being so hard on you."

"Yeah," Lucy giggled. "You were kind of a hardass."

Tim scoffed, "No, I was being a perfect...soft...ass..."

Lucy snickered. 

"It was werid not going home with you last night," Tim admitted.

"Yeah, sleeping in an empty bed felt...weird," Lucy agreed.

"So, in the future, I will adjust my ways of trying to help you,"

"And I...will accept your ways because I know that you just want to help me,"

Tim smiled, "Good."

"Good."

~~~

A/N: HAPPY ROOKIE DAYYYY!!!!! please tell me that i wasn't the only one scared to death that tim was going to break up with lucy in the parking lot????? i'll try to write new stories for each new ep that comes out and they will have a spoiler warning at the beginning!!! if i write more stories about 6x01 after a couple days past there won't be a spoiler warning anymore so read at your own risk. leave suggestions for more stories and the last chapter of the rosalind story!!