4x01 rewrite (TW)

TW: descriptive language of mature scenes.

~~~

"Do you need anything?" Tim had asked her.

About a million things had began to run through her mind.

"The last 24 hours back," was what she had decided to say.

Tim gave her a sympathetic look. "I'm afraid I don't have that power."

Lucy pressed her lips to a thin line. The last 24 hours had been emotionally and physically draining.

"A hug?" she asked softly.

"Yeah," Tim whispered, pulling her into a hug.

Lucy felt safe in his arms. She didn't know why. 

The last 24 hours had been a nightmare for everyone. The last thing that Lucy wanted to do was be sleeping over at Tim's house, but for some reason she didn't decline when he offered.

There was a thick tension that filled the room. She felt stiff and breathless. Like one sudden movement would set off an explosion.

"Thanks," she said as Tim began to let go.

Tim stared down at her for a bit. Unsure of what he wanted Lucy finally said, "Night."

"Night," Tim finally said, heading for her bedroom.

Lucy settled on the couch, pulling the thin blanket over herself. She couldn't get comfortable. 

She tossed and turned for what felt like hours before she decided to get a glass of water.

She wandered into the kitchen in the dark.

Even though Tim had closed his door, she felt as if turning on a lamp would wake him.

She didn't want to be a burden. She didn't want to intrude. She didn't want anyone to worry about her. 

She searched though all the cabinets before she finally found the one that had all of his cups. She wasn't sure which one to use, he had so many.

The glasses varied from tall, short, wide, skinny, glass, and plastic.

"Couldn't sleep either, huh?" she heard someone say behind her.

She turned around to find Tim leaning on the kitchen island.

"Did I wake you?" she gsaped. "I'm so sorry."

"No," Tim shook his head. "I just can't fall asleep."

"Me too," Lucy admitted.

"Did you need something?"

"I was just thirsty..." Lucy said. "I didn't know what cup to use."

Tim reached for the tall and skinny glass, then placed it under the water dispenser in his fridge.

"Ice?" he asked.

"No thank you," Lucy replied. 

He handed her the glass and could feel her fingers brush over his.

"Today has been a crazy day," Lucy finally said, breaking the awkward silence. 

"And tomorrow will only be crazier." Tim said.

"Do you think that they'll get a lead on Lopez?"

Tim sighed. "I hope so."

"And if they don't?"

"Lucy," Tim said, moving closer to her. "They will."

"But how can you be so sure?" she whispered.

Tim was looking down at Lucy again. He could feel the unsteadiness of her breath.

"They will."

They were standing too close for comfort, but neither of them moved.

Tim ducked his head down slightly and felt his lips brush hers.

Without thinking, Tim slightly pressed his lips against hers.

"Tim," she whispered.

Their lips fit together perfectly. Like pieces of a puzzle. Their movements felt so in sync.

They both knew that this was wrong, but for some reason neither of them stopped.

Tim grazed Lucy's lips with the tip of his tongue. It felt so easy for them. Like this was a longtime coming.

Suddenly, it felt easier to breathe. Like this was what they needed.

His arms had traveled up her shoulders, he cupped her face with his hands.

Her arms were wrapped around his back, pulling him closer. Her arms traveled under his shirt. The shirt that was tight around his body, showcasing every muscle.

His arms pulled Lucy's face closer to his so their lips came crashing down on each other with every movement.

Lucy had finally realized what was happening.

"Wait," she said, pulling away. "What are we doing?" she gasped.

"Lucy--"

"--No," she mumbled. "We can't be doing this."

Tim was at a loss for words. He knew she was right, they couldn't be doing this.

"This...is wrong,"

"I know."

"Lopez is....Jackson just..." Lucy stuttered.

"Lucy," Tim said, putting his hands on her shoulders. "It's okay."

"No, it's not okay," Lucy said, putting her hands over her face.

"We needed that," 

"Did we?"

"I needed that."

"And I need a drink," Lucy whispered.

~~~

A/N: this was a suggestion from someone so thank you to the person that suggested it! this isn't usually the kind of storylines that i write so sorry if it feels kinda awkward LOL. leave suggestions for more stories!! 

A/N edit: how would you guys feel if i wrote a chenford book like with a proper storyline (like the rosalind stories) and not be part of the chenford one-shots series??