Birthday

Lucy woke up to the smell of pancakes. Her favorite.

She looked to her left to find an empty bed. No Tim.

He must've made pancakes. She thought.

She jumped up from her bed excitedly and opened her bedroom door.

To her surprise, she found Tamara in the kitchen.

"Happy birthday," Tamara smiled, flipping a pancake.

"Thanks," Lucy chucked, rubbing her face. "Wheres Tim?"

"Not sure, he wasn't home when I woke up," Tamara says, turning off the stove. "Pancakes?"

"It's like you know the way to my heart," Lucy smiled, grabbing a plate.

She drizzled on some syrup and sat herself down on a barstool.

"I was honestly surprised when I saw you in the kitchen," Lucy says, taking a bite of her pancake.

"You thought I was Tim?" Tamara asks, filling the pan with cold water.

"No, because I know how terrible you are at cooking," Lucy giggled.

"Hey!" Tamara says, acting fake hurt. "I'll have you know, I make really good boxed pancakes."

"I can tell," Lucy teases. "I wonder where Tim went."

"He's probably off buying you some gifts," 

Lucy chuckles, "I don't want gifts, I was hoping to spend the day with you guys."

"We can go see a movie, play mini golf, go on a shopping spree?" Tamara suggested.

"We can do whatever, once Tim gets back," Lucy says, getting up from the couch. "I'm going to get ready and call Tim."

She calls Tim as soon as she closes her bedroom door.

"No answer," she mutters. 

"Hey, it's me," she says, leaving a voicemail. "Call me when you're on your way home, I was hoping the three of us could spend the day together."

She sighs as she tosses her phone onto her bed. 

She threw on some jeans and a yellow shirt before checking her phone to see if Tim had texted her.

She sighs as she washes her face and brushes her teeth. Tim wasn't going to leave her alone on her birthday, was he?

By the time she made her way back to the living room, Tamara had set up some balloons and gifts.

"You didn't have to get me any gifts," Lucy smiled, joining Tamara on the couch.

There were three different-sized boxes all wrapped in different colors of wrapping paper.

"Just open them," Tamara says, handing her the smallest box.

Lucy tore off the paper to find a small white box.

"What's this?" she giggled, taking the top off. "A charm bracelet?"

"Each charm has a different thing that represents you," Tamara explains. "A little cop car, a dog, your favorite flower..."

"Aw," Lucy gushes. 

"Okay next one," Tamara says excitedly, handing her the next box. 

This one was larger and a bit heavy.

"What in the--" Lucy trailed as she opened the box. "Jeans?"

"They're those jeans that you wanted but said you couldn't justify spending that much on jeans," Tamara smiled.

"Oh my-, Tamara, you didn't have to get me these," Lucy says, taking the jeans out of the box.

"Ever since I got a job, I was saving up for your gifts,"

"These are like a hundred bucks," Lucy says, still clearly shocked.

"Next," Tamara says, handing her the biggest box.

Lucy tore the paper open to find a shoebox. 

"Shoes?" Lucy asks.

Inside was a pair of black heels that had straps that went around the ankles.

"These look expensive," Lucy says, giving Tamara a skeptical look.

"Don't worry about it," Tamara says, picking up all of the trash. "Now get ready."

"For what?"

"To go out. I suggest you wear your new shoes and jeans," Tamara winks.

"No," Lucy laughs, dryly. "We need to wait for Tim."

"Nah," Tamara says. "It'll be a girl's day. My treat."

"Tamara I think we should--"

"--Lucy. Change. Now."

Lucy sighed, "Fine."

~~~

The whole day had gone by and Tim still hadn't texted or called. She was getting worried.

It wasn't like Tim to just forget about her birthday or ignore her calls and texts.

RING!

"Oh," Lucy says, fishing her phone out of her purse.

"Hello?" she says, holding the phone up to her ear.

"Lucy," Sergeant Grey says. "I need you to come to the station now. It's Tim."

"Yeah, I'm on my way," Lucy says, grabbing Tamara by the hand.

"What's going on?" Tamara asks as she's being dragged through the parking lot.

"Sergeant Grey called, something is wrong with Tim," she says, unlocking the car.

The whole car ride to the station, about a million endings ran through her head.

Was Tim kidnapped? Was he in jail? Was he in the hospital?

This would go down as the worst birthday Lucy has ever had.

She pulled her car into a stall and raced into the station with Tamara following close.

"Why the hell is no one behind the front desk?" Lucy asks, making her way through the door.

"Sarge, I-"

"-SURPRISE!"

Shocked, Lucy looks around the room. There were balloons everywhere, confetti slowly falling in the air, and a large banner saying "Happy Birthday" hanging from the stairs.

"What is going on?" Lucy asks, looking around.

"Happy birthday," Tim smiles, pulling Lucy in for a kiss.

"Was this why you weren't answering your phone all day?" Lucy asks, wrapping her arms around him.

"Sergeant Smiles came into my office last night asking to set up a surprise party for you," Sergeant Grey laughs.

"Who knew he had this in him?" Angela giggles, holding a large white birthday cake.

"Happy birthday," Tamara says, holding her phone up.

"You were in on this too?" Lucy smiles.

"Mhm, I'm a pretty great actor, aren't I?" Tamara says, stopping her video. 

"Were you surprised?" Tim asks, looking down at her.

"Very," Lucy says.

"Your real present is at home, I think you'll be even more surprised," Tim says, winking.

"Get a room," Tamara groans, heading towards Angela and the cake.

"Best birthday ever," Lucy giggles.

~~~

A/N: heyyy guyyyssss. who is nervous for tomorrows ep omg. ALSO I HEARD THAT AFTER TOMORROWS EP THERES ANOTHER THREE WEEK BREAK??? criminal. buttttt it gives me more time to watch swat (i am LOVING stris they are so chenford coded). make sure to follow for more updates and leave suggestions for new stories :)!