Shopping

Lucy could practically feel Tim's annoyance as soon as they walked into the mall.

"You know, you don't have to come with me," said Lucy. "You can head back to my apartment and I'll call you when I'm done,"

Tim shook his head, "No, no I'll stay,"

Lucy felt a small smile creep onto her face. She knew that Tim hated shopping. It felt special to her that he passed up on the opportunity to get out of it.

The couple walked past what seemed like hundreds of stores, many of which piqued Lucy's interest.

"You can go into those stores, you know," said Tim.

"What?"

"I know that you wanted to go into some of those stores."

Lucy scoffed, "No,"

"The way you squeezed my hand and turned your head to look into the store says otherwise,"

"I...didn't realize that I was doing that.."

Tim stopped, "You can go into those stores, Lucy. I'll live,"

Lucy smiled up at Tim, "Ten minutes, I promise," she said before darting into a store.

Lucy took a lot longer than ten minutes.

Tim kept checking his watch as each minute went by.

After 30 minutes had finally passed, Lucy emerged from the store with two bags.

"All that from just one store?" asked Tim, raising his eyebrows.

"Yeah," Lucy beamed, "I can't wait to wear all of these dresses. The lady at the fitting room was so nice,"

Tim smiled, "Can we move on now?"

"Yes," said Lucy, slipping her hand into Tim's. "Are you sure that you don't need anything? Like shirts or something?"

"I'm sure," said Tim.

"Really? Cause I wouldn't mind if you wanted to try on some clothes or some shoes or something,"

Tim raised an eyebrow at Lucy, "Do you want me to try on some clothes?"

Lucy pressed her lips together, "Maybe,"

Tim rolled his eyes.

"Oh come on, Tim, it'll be fun! I promise,"

"Fine," said Tim, leading Lucy into a men's clothing store.

"Hi," a store clerk smiled, "Can I help you find anything?"

"Yes," said Lucy, "He hates shopping and needs some new.." Lucy drifted off.

"Shirts," Tim finished.

The lady smiled, "Right this way,"

They were led to racks and racks filled with all different types of shirts. Casual shirts, dress shirts, there were more types of shirts than Tim could count.

"So what are we going for?" the lady asked.

Tim looked at Lucy. Lucy shrugged, "I'm not the one who needs them,"

Tim rolled his eyes, "Collard shirts,"

"Short or long-sleeved?"

"Long,"

"That would be over here they are arranged by color so if you liked a specific color of shirt we have different shades for you," she says as she leads them a couple of feet to the left.

"They are also organized by size,"

Tim huffed. "It looks like a leprechaun threw up,"

Lucy swatted Tim on the arm.

"Thank you so much," she said, turning to the lady.

"Where do I even start?" said Tim, staring at the racks.

"Well what color do you typically like?" asked Lucy.

"Blue,"

"Okay so go over to the blues in your size," said Lucy, pulling Tim behind her, "And wow, you have so many different shades of blue,"

"I didn't even know that blue came in this many,"

"Well now you do, so go choose some and we can have a little try-on-a-thon," Lucy giggled.

"Yeah, no,"

Lucy frowned, "You can't just pick up a shirt and buy it, what if it doesn't fit? What if you don't like the color on you?"

"Is it really that much more complicated than picking up a shirt and paying for it?"

"Yes! I am not paying $50 for a shirt and I don't like the way it fits or the way the color looks on me,"

Tim rolled his eyes, "Fine,"

He grabbed a few shirts and turned to Lucy.

"You don't want to try another color?" she asked.

"I like blue,"

"Yeah, but you can't have an all-blue closet,"

Tim threw his head back as he made his way over to the greens.

"This forest green would look good on you," said Lucy, picking up a shirt.

"No," said Tim. "And it's dark green,"

"It is forest green, it says so right here on the tag,"

"Well, then that's a stupid name,"

"How about black or grey?" Lucy suggested.

"Can I just try on these shirts?"

"Fine," said Lucy.

They made their way over to the fitting rooms and Lucy parked herself on a chair right outside of Tim's room.

"Okay come out," she said after five minutes.

Tim was wearing a dark blue dress shirt. "I like that one," said Lucy.

Tim pressed his lips into a line before returning to the room.

Lucy's reactions were all the same which made Tim decide to get all three.

"See? Shopping isn't so bad," said Lucy.

Tim shook his head, "I hate shopping,"

"Let's go shopping again soon," said Lucy, swinging Tim's hand back and forth.

~~~

A/N: hii :) thanks for reading! i'm kind of thinking about doing a story about tim's lucy smile. leave suggestions!!