2x17 Rewrite

Everything went dark as soon as they were hit.

Tim took a sharp inhale as everything came back to him. He looked around for a moment.

All of the broken glass, he could feel the blood dripping down his face.

"Chen," he murmured. He looked to his right to find Lucy unconscious.

"Chen," he says, louder than before. He reaches over to shake her awake.

A sigh of relief comes out as her head rises off of her shoulder.

Tim pushed open the door on his side, careful not to touch any of the broken glass.

With the back of his wrist, he wipes away the blood dripping down from his temple.

He carefully makes his way around the shop and to the passenger side.

He carefully sweeps away the broken shards of glass before opening the passenger side door. "You okay?" he asks as Lucy undoes her seatbelt.

"I'm fine," says Lucy, stumbling out of the car.

"You sure, Boot?" he asks, holding his hand out. "Mhm," she says, taking ahold of his hand.

"You stay here, I'm going to call this in," Tim says, walking to the other side of the shop.

Something felt off in Lucy. She couldn't exactly put a finger on it. She didn't want to scare Tim, though. She already knew how stressful the whole situation was.

She puts her hand down on the hood of the car for balance.

"Ah," she whimpered, feelings pricks forming on her palm. She lifts her hand off of the hood and notices tiny shards of glass now poking out.

As carefully as she could, she wiped them away.

She felt something drip from the front of her head. It trickled down to her nose and made its way to her mouth.

"Chen," Tim says, taking long strides to get to her. "You're bleeding," he says.

"Hold your hand to it," he instructs, guiding her hand to the bloody spot.

"RA will be here soon," he says.

The two stand there, next to their destroyed shop, waiting for the ambulance.

Finally, the ambulance arrives.

"You guys okay?" the medic asks, walking up to them.

"She's bleeding," he says, guiding the medic over to her.

"I said I'm fine," Lucy protests, removing her hand from her head.

"Just let me look," the medic says, "You should go see someone too, Officer?"

Tim sighed reluctantly, "Fine,"

After what seemed like a waste-of-time checkup for Tim, he was finally released.

"Is Lucy okay?" he asks the same medic from before.

"Had to stitch up that nasty cut on her head and bandage up her hand but she'll be alright. She's mostly just in shock,"

"Thanks," Tim says, making his way back to Lucy. "Grey's on his way and we'll ride back with him to do all of the paperwork,"

"Mhm," Lucy says.

If the medic was right about one thing, he was right that Lucy was in shock.

"Are you okay, Officer Chen?"

"I'm fine,"

Before Tim could say anything else, Sergeant Grey had finally arrived.

"You two okay?" he asks, stepping out of his shop.

"We're fine," Tim says.

"Get in, we're going back to the station to file the report," Grey says.

The two made their way over, and Tim made sure to hold open the door for her.

"Thanks," she muttered.

Tim climbed into the passenger seat. "It's going to be a long night," he says.

"Really? We didn't even cause this accident," said Lucy.

"Doesn't matter. A shop is destroyed and two officers were involved."

"So what? Are we in trouble?"

"Once they see the shop cam, we'll be all good,"

"So then why is it going to be a long night?"

"Paperwork. Like it or not, we were responsible for the shop and it got destroyed,"

Lucy let her head fall back onto the headrest, "I have a raging headache and I am not in the mood for paperwork,"

"Go home then, I'll tell Grey,"

"No, no. I can't leave you to do all of the paperwork by yourself,"

"I was the one driving, not much for you to fill out anyways,"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah," Tim says, leaning his head back, "I'm sure."

~~~

A/N: clearly i've been in the writing mood. this wasn't so much as a rewrite it was more of a extended scene type of thing, i feel like we could've gotten more from the scene!! i'm kind of thinking of doing a story about tim talking more about his childhood but let me know what you think, leave suggestions!!