Chapter 6

Avu picked Hazel and made her stand on floor. They both were crying. Avu held Hazel's hand and walked out with tears rolling down their cheeks. Avu forwarded her hand to open the door but turned back once to look at Abhi. She closed her eyes trying to accept the bitter truth and walked out with Hazel. Akshit immediately ran towards her and hugged her tightly. She hugged him back and broke down burying her face in his chest.

Hazel was also crying. Sid quickly picked her up to comfort her. He tried to hide her in his arms. She cried on putting her head on her shoulder wetting his shirt. Sid was caressing her back but didn't stop her from crying. He also got tears listening to that small child's sobs. They were not too close but her condition and fate could break anyone's heart.

Akshit was busy consoling Avu while Sid was looking around holding Hazel not knowing what to do. He was feeling how could God be so cruel to snatch away her parents at such a small age. What wrong could have she possibly done to face such a bitter fruit. For now she just knew her father had gone.

Avu got quite after sometime. Her energy was drained out because of excessive crying. She didn't has even tears left in her eyes to cry more. While Hazel slept crying on Sid's shoulder with her cute face covered with tear stains. Akshit had made Avu sit on bench and went to get water. Sid was standing near her. He slowly kept a hand on her shoulder. She shut her eyes. Sid sat beside her. Avu kept her head on other shoulder.

Avu: Why always me Sid? Maine to kisika kuch bhi nhi bigada kbhi. Mujhe kis baat ki punishment. Do baar mujhe mere mom dad chhod gaye. Bhayia bhabhi were not less than my parents. You know after sometime of mom dad passed away bhai met bhabhi in college. Till I met her they were really good friends and bhabhi knew everything about out family. And as I met her I felt, I have got my mother also back. Bhayia to pehle hi mere lie mere father the but bhabhi ko mil kar I felt I got ma also. Un dono ne kbhi mom dada ko yaad karke mujhe bura nhi lagne dia, rone nhi dia. Par shayad God ko ye bhi pasand nhi tha. Mujhe kuch samaj nhi aa raha yrr. Meri to duniya hi khatam ho gayi hai saari Sid

She said sitting up straight. Sid took a deep breath to gather words to speak.

Sid: Avu honestly I have no idea ki aese situation mein kya bolte hai and honestly mein koi formality bhi nhi karna chahta tumhare saath tumhe ye batane ke lie mujhe kaisa lag raha hai. Aur mujhe ye bhi nhi pata ki ye kis baat ke consequences hai. But Avni tumhare bhayia bhabhi tumhare lie ek responsibility chhod kar gaye hai. Kisi aur cheez ka to nhi pata but atleast unhe jaane se pehle ek chinta definitely nhi hogi ki unke baad unki beti ka kya hoga because unko pata hai ki unki badi beti hai uske lie no matter what

Avu nodded.

Avu: I know

Sid: To khud ko sambhalo. You have all rights and needs to cry but you can't break down completely. Because if you only lost yourself who will take care of this angel. She is the last sign of your parents. Your bhayia bhabhi uske lie tumhe sambhalna hi hoga khud ko. Easy nhi hai. I know bohot difficult hai but you have to

Just then Akshit came there with water.

Avu: Thanks

She said taking water and started drinking it slowly. Just then a nurse came there.

Nurse: Are you all with Abhishek and Vaish Nandra?

Akshit: Yes sister. We are

Nurse: Okk. Their postpartum and everything is done. Please complete the formalities and pay the bills. Then you can get the bodies for last rites

Sid pressed Avu's shoulder to give her courage as she got tears listening about dead bodies and last rites. Avu completed all the formalities and they took bodies home. Relatives and neighbors came after sometime. Avu was sitting beside the bodies ready in clothes to perform the last rites. Avu wasn't even crying anymore while Hazel was hugging her tightly not ready to leave her. She was scared to see her parents in this condition. Akshit went towards Avu.

Akshit: Avni we need to leave jaan

He whispered in her ears. She nodded. They supported her to get up and they left for funeral. Avu left Hazel with ladies. Avu made Hazel sleep somehow and left her with ladies at home. Rituals were done in evening. Sid and Akshit came back to Avu's home. Most of the people left slowly paying condolences to Avu who wasn't even interested. A few of the relatives stayed back who were from distant places. Sid and Akshit fed Avu and Hazel some fruits. Sid had informed at home he would be late. Akshit helped Avu and laid her in bed and caressed her head. He kissed her forhead. Sid put Hazel beside her.

Sid: Avu take care of yourself and Hazel. We will come early morning. Don't worry and if you need anything wake someone up. Or just call any of us. Don't think much okk?

Avu nodded. They both made sure they are alright one last time and left.

To be continued

Stay tuned for next chapter