Chapter 12

After a few days

It was the weekend. Avni and Hazel came to the park. Hazel saw the slide. She ran to play on it. Avni ran behind her. Hazel started climbing on stairs. Avni was behind her to protect her.

Hazel was busy playing on the slide when Avni's phone rang. She saw the caller ID and smiled, receiving the call.

Avni: Hi Akshu.

Akshit: Kab se call kar raha tha. Kaha busy ho madam?

Avni: Hazel park aane ki zid kar rahi thi. Abhi to park aayi. I guess drive kar rahi thi tab kiya hoga call to mera dhayan hi nahi hoga.

Akshit: No problem Avni. Call kuch minutes wait kar sakta hai. Driving safe thi that's the most important.

Avni: Yes.

Akshit: So, kaisa jaa raha hai weekend?

Avni: Bhai bhabhi ki bahut yaad aa rahi hai. You know weekends par humari outing final hi hoti thi. Hazel choti hai to movie possible nahi thi but dinner, long drive kuch na kuch plan hota hi thi. Now, I am feeling alone.

Akshit: Mujhe vapas aane do. We will plan an outing every weekend then. Bhai, bhabhi to hamesha tumhare sath hai hi.

Avni: Tum batao kaisa chal raha hai sab?

Before Akshit could speak, Avni saw Hazel was about to slip from the slide. She quickly held her and protect her but her phone fell. Avni's focus was on Hazel. She didn't notice her phone.

Avni (scared): Baby be careful. Lag jati to?

Hazel (holding her ears): Sorry bua.

Avni (peaking her nose): Chalo aap sambal ke khelo. Bua yehi hai to protect you.

Hazel smiled. Avni made her stand on the ground. Hazel continued playing. Avni's eyes fell on the phone which was on the ground. She took it.

Avni: I am sorry Akshit. Hazel slip ho gayi to mera dhayan us hi par tha. I am sorry.

Akshit who already heard her voice when she was talking with Hazel. He sighed.

Akshit: It's okay. I can understand.

Avni: Main baad me call karti hoon tumhe. Yaha Hazel ko dekhu. She is playing and bahut choti hai na.

Akshit: Hmm... Bye.

Avni: Bye! Take care.

Akshit: You too.

They hung up the call.

After this call, she started being busy with Hazel. She couldn't call him back for straight three days. He called her regularly but either she was busy with Hazel or in her work.

After a week, as it was the weekend. He knew she must be busy with some or the other thing. He texted her in the early morning.

Akshit: Good morning sweetie 💫

But she replied in the evening.

Avni: Hii...

He saw her message and immediately replied to her.

Akshit: Hey!

Avni: Kaise ho?

Akshit: I am good tum batao.

Avni: Sab theek yaha bhi.

Akshit: Kya plan hai aaj ka?

But she got busy with Hazel and couldn't reply to him.

Next morning

She woke up and got busy with her daily chores, house chores.

After completing her work, she got Hazel ready and both left for school and the office. She dropped Hazel school and then drove off to the office.

She reached the office and saw Sid waiting for her at the entrance.

Sid: Good morning Avneet.

Avni: Morning Sid.

Just then Avni's phone rang. It was Akshit's call. She received his call.

Akshit: Hey beautiful.

Avni: Hi! Kaise ho?

Akshit: I am handsome like always.

Avni: Tum or tumhari cheeze baate.

Akshit: Kya kar rahi ho?

Avni: Just office aayi. Is waqt call kiya? Kaam nahi hai kya?

Akshit: Hai na but socha ek baar baat kar loon tumse.

Avni: Abhi kaam karo hum shaam ko baat karte hai.

Akshit: Yeah okay bye.

Avni: Bye.

She hung up the call. Sid and Avni went inside and got busy with their work.

With Akshit

After Avni hangs up the call.

Akshit's P.O.V.

Shaam ko phir tum busy ho jaogi Avni. Hazel tumhare aas pass rahegi. I am not complaining. I know she needs you the most but I miss you, Avni. Abhi tum bahut busy ho gayi ho. I miss us.

P.O.V. ends

A tear dropped from his eye remembering how they were. He smiled sadly caressing her photo on his lock screen.

To be continued...

Stay tuned for next chapter