Chapter 56

Akshit: I will call you back. Byee...

He hang up the call.

Akshit: Avni... You okay?

Avni (nodded): Don't worry. I am okay.

Akshit: Avneet please be comfortable. Jo tha vo humara past tha. Please let it go. Now, we are best friends, right? If you need any help please let me know. I will be there with you always as your best friend.

He said with small smile, his eyes had a guilt of leaving her alone in difficult times and making things more difficult for her.

Avni (smile): True Akshit whatever it was. It was past and we are best friends now. You have already given me all the reasons to trust you again as my best friend. You always stood beside me. Whenever, I needed you. You were there with me. Few things were not in our hand. But that doesn't mean you did anything wrong with me. I am grateful for your friendship and support. Even after whatever happened you stood beside me, supported me and also that decision was not easy for you also if it was difficult for me. Please don't be guilty. Let those things go out of our lives.

Akshit nodded with a smile. Avni too smiled back.

Avni: By the way... Tu free hai?

Akshit: Yeps...

Avni: Meri meeting hai abhi.

Akshit: No problem. Tum aaram se attend karo. Main aur Hazel maze karege full. Vaise bhi mera kaam ho gaya. I am free now.

Avni: Tumhare pass kaam hota bhi hai? Jab dekho free hi hote ho. Complain karni padegi boss ko.

Hazel (shocked): No bua... No compain... No

Akshit smirked looking at Avni. Avni glared at him and raised her eyebrow at Hazel.

Hazel: Akshit uncle, Hazel Tom and Jerry dekhe.

Avni rolls her eyes.

Akshit: Aaj main soch raha tha Hazel baby and main ice cream khane jaye.

Hazel got excited listening to him and ran towards him.

Hazel: Yes yes...

Avni: No ice cream.

Hazel (showing three fingers with puppy eyes): Only one bua please.

Avni (pointing at Hazel's hand): Ye one hai?

Akshit curled two fingers of Hazel's hand.

Akshit: Dekho ho gayi one and aaj Hazel baby ne chocolate bhi nahi khaya. To hum jate hai na Avni.

Avni: Fine... Main meeting ke lie jati hoon. Tum log karo enjoy.

Hazel nodded. Avni left for her meeting. Akshit and Hazel started to leave for their ice cream. Akshit took his phone and called someone.

Akshit: Hi Zalak... Sorry Avni aa gayi thi to call cut karna pada.

Zalak: Avni theek to hai na?

Akshit: Don't worry. She is fine. I guess she understood what I meant to say to her.

Zalak: You sure?

Hazel: Akshit uncle main baat karu Zalak didi se. Do...

She interrupted in between demanding for phone to talk with Zalak as she him calling her by her name. Zalak awwed at her cute demand.

Akshit: Haa... 2mins main baat kar loon important wali. Phir Hazel baby karegi.

Hazel nodded with pout.

Akshit: Zalak yaa... Kinda yess she understood... Jis hisab se vo baat kar rahi thi. By the way, see I successfully did this. Don't underestimate me.

Zalak: Acha baba theek hai. Main haari aap jeete.

Akshit: To meri treat? Main and Hazel ice cream khane jaa rahe hai. Come join us. Treat is on you.

Zalak: Abhi?

Akshit: Yes... I am free for more than 1hr.

Zalak: Okay... Send me the location then...

Akshit: Alright!! Meet you there.

They ended the call. Akshit shared a location with Zalak.

Hazel (complaining with a pout): Mujhe phone nahi diya.

Akshit: Abhi aa rahi hai na. Ice cream khate khate kar lena. Okay?

Hazel giggles.

With this, they left to celebrate their first success and having ice cream.

To be continued

Stay tuned for next chapter