Chapter 17

After talking with Akshit, she came back to her cabin. She sat on the chair and thought about everything that happened. She sighed sadly and started her work.

After an hour, Sid came to her cabin. He saw her busy at work.

Sid: Hey!

Avni: Hi.

Sid: What happened? Is everything alright? You seem dull from a few days.

Avni (looking at Sid): Umm... Me and Akshit. We parted ways.

Her voice was low. She was hurt and sad of course. Sid got shocked. He sat on the chair which was in front.

Sid (shocked): What happened? Is everything alright?

Avni explained everything. Sid nodded, understanding. For a minute or two, they got quiet.

Sid: Avni you don't worry. Everything happens for a reason. I am sure this is for the best for you two.

Avni nodded.

Sid: Don't get me wrong Avni but haan he is not wrong. I mean fake hope ya future mein regret karne se best he chose this.

Avni: I know. He isn't wrong aur hume aaj hi itni takleef ho rahi hai to future me to aur bhi zyada hoti.

Sid: Everything will be fine. Don't worry.

Avni nodded.

Sid: Hazel ko pick karne ka time ho raha hai. Tum jaogi ya main leke aau?

Avni: Main jati hoon.

Sid nodded. Avni took her bag and they left the cabin. Sid left for his cabin.

With Sid

He was having his lunch in his cabin when someone knocked on the door.

Sid: Come in.

Akshit walked in.

Akshit: Hi.

Sid: Hey!

Akshit (nervous): Umm... Siddharth few minutes back I saw you in Avni's cabin.

Sid (confused): Hmm?

Akshit: How's she? Is she okay? Actually, we both broke up.

Sid (nodded): Avni told me about you guys. Yaa, she is fine. Don't worry. Are you okay?

Akshit wanted to say something but he was nervous.

Sid noticed him. He went up to Akshit and kept his hand on Akshit's shoulder.

Sid: Don't overthink. As a boy, I can understand your situation. Whatever step you took maybe it's wrong in the eyes of others but it's not. I know one thing not as a boyfriend but as a best friend you are with Avni, right?

Akshit nodded.

Sid: Everything will be fine.

Akshit sighed and gave him a small smile. Sid smiled back.

Akshit: Okay then I should leave now. Have your lunch then will catch you in the meeting.

Sid: Yeah!

Akshit left from there.

A few days passed. Everything was the same. Both Avni and Akshit were trying to move on. They weren't spending time with each other just a hi hello if they cross the path.

Akshit was in contact with Sid to know how Avni and Hazel are doing now. Understanding his concern, Sid was helping him.

After a few days, Avni and Hazel came into Sid's cabin. Hazel ran towards him.

Hazel (excitedly): Hello hello hello.

Sid (picking her in arms): Hi little girl.

Hazel: Lunch finish kiya maine. Chocy leke aaye aap?

Sid (acting shock): Main to bhool gaya.

Hazel turned towards the drawer where he keeps her chocolates.

Hazel (opening his drawer): Hai chocy.

She excitedly took in her hand. Avni walked towards them.

Avni: Abhi samajh aaya Hazel ko Sid ke sath hi lunch kyun karna hota hai.

Hazel giggled.

Sid: Bua chocy hi nahi deti Hazel ko.

Hazel: Yes Yes...

Avni: Tum already dete ho. Mein bhi dene lagi to uske teeth kharab ho jayege.

Sid: Okay okay got it.

Avni: Acha tum free ho abhi?

Sid: Yes... Don't worry.

Avni: Suddenly boss ka call aaya and he asked me to attend this meeting on his behalf.

Sid: Ohh!!! All the best. Don't worry about Hazel.

Avni nodded with a smile.

Avni: Hazel baby tang matt karna Sid ko.

Hazel: Yes bua. Me good girl.

She said with a pout.

Avni walked out of the cabin and left for her meeting. Hazel took Sid's phone to play games. Sid continued his work.

An hour passed away.

Sid's phone rang. He saw it was his boss's call. He received the call. Just then door knocked.

Sid: Come in.

Akshit came in. Sid saw and continued his call.

Hazel: Hello uncle.

Akshit: Hello Hazel. Lunch kiya?

Hazel: Yesss...

Akshit: Bua ko tang to nahi karti na Hazel?

Hazel: Hazel good baby hai.

Akshit: Bua tang karti hai kya Hazel ko?

Hazel nodded with a giggle. Akshit chuckled. Sid hung up the call.

Sid: Hi!

Akshit: Hello.

Sid: Kuch kaam tha?

Akshit: Nahi... Mera work khatam ho gaya aaj ka.

Sid: Itni jaldi waah!

Akshit: Arey! Clients ki kuch discussion chal rahi hai payments ko leke. So, work pause karne ko bola aaj ke liye.

Sid (nodded): Aaj sab emergency leave le rahe hai kya? Pehle boss ne liya. Avni ko kaam de diya. Vo meeting me busy hai. Ab Dhiren ne. Now I have to go for a meeting. Avni busy hai.

Akshit: Hazel... Umm... Hazel ko main sambhalta hoon tab tak.

Sid: You sure?

Akshit: Of course. Anyways, koi kaam to hai nahi mujhe. Logout kar nahi sakta before shift end. To Hazel ko sambhal loonga.

Sid nodded. Akshit took Hazel with him and left. Sid left for his work.

To be continued

Stay tuned for next chapter