Chapter 9

A few days passed. All the relatives started leaving as the rituals ended. However, the life of Avni and Hazel took a turn upside down but they just can't sit crying over the same thing all the time. This phase is difficult for them but they restart their lives. Avni and Hazel resumed their office and school. Avni is no more a childish one but a mature and responsible one. Hazel the talkative girl is now quiet. Her eyes are longing to see her parents. Most of the time her eyes are stuck on Abhi and Vaish's photo.

Early morning, Avni and Hazel were sleeping peacefully when Avni's alarm rang. She woke up in a go knowing no one is there to wake her and handle her tantrums.

She got ready then the maid came. They completed all house chores. She made breakfast. Maid left. Avni went to wake Hazel.

Avni (caressing Hazel's hair): Good morning Hazel baby. Chalo school jana hai.

Hazel (sleepy voice): No...

Avni: Baby pata hai maine breakfast aaj kiska favourite banaya hai? Maggie kisko pasand hai?

Hazel didn't respond.

Avni: Hazel ko Maggie nahi khani to bua finish kar degi.

Hazel (whining): No...

Avni: Khani hai?

Hazel nodded.

Avni: Utho jaldi se ready ho jao. School bhi jana hai. Come...

Finally, Hazel woke up. Avni got her ready and they had breakfast. Avni carefully checked everything after locking. They sat on Activa and drove off. Avni drop her at her kindergarten and then left for the office.

She reached the office. Sid and Akshit were already waiting for her at the entrance.

Akshit (hugging Avni): Good morning jaan...

Avni (hugging back): Morning...

Sid was feeling a bit awkward. He looked in the other direction. They broke the hug.

Avni: Good morning Sid.

Sid: Good morning. You okay?

Avni nodded.

Sid: Okay then hum lunch par milte hain.

Akshit: Lunch? Arey haan aaj possible nahi hoga.

Avni: Matlab?

Akshit: Avni tum bhul gayi? Aaj humari lunch me meeting hai Mr Malik ke sath. Sizzle restaurant me.

Avni: Oh haan... Main meeting me rahugi to Hazel? Akshu please tum meeting dekh sakoge? Mujhe Hazel ko pick karna rahega school se.

Akshit: Possible nahi hoga. Main boss ke sath jaa raha hoon meeting ke liye. Ye meeting sir ne tumhe handle karne ko boli.

Sid: Calm down Avni. I am free at lunchtime. Main Hazel ko leke aata hoon. Don't worry.

Avni: Haan okay... Sid Hazel ka lunch meri cabin me table par hi rakh dugi. Tum please khila doge?

Sid: Okay... Don't worry.

Akshit: Ab andar chale?

Sid: Okay guys byee... Milte hai baad me.

Sid left from there not willing to be the third wheel. He left for his work.

Avni and Akshit for their work.

At lunchtime, Sid went to pick Hazel up from her school. He and Hazel came back. Sid made her eat her lunch. He too ate his lunch with her. She was quietly eating. After she completed her lunch. He made her sleep.

Once, she slept, Sid covered her with a quilt. He set the AC temperature as Avni told him. He then went to his cabin and took his file and laptop. He came back to Avni's cabin and started his work.

After some time, Avni came after completing her meeting. She entered the cabin to see Sid busy with his work and Hazel sleeping with a small smile playing on her lips.

Avni fake coughed to get Sid's attention.

Sid: Hey!

Avni: Thank you Sid for taking care of Hazel in my absence.

Sid: You don't need to thank me.

She nodded with a small smile and sat for her work. Sid too sat with her talking about random topics. They continued their work.

In evening, after completing all work, they were ready to go home. Avni collected her and Hazel's things. She came out of her cabin to see Akshit was about to enter.

Akshit: Ho gaya kaam?

Avni: Yes. Chale?

They walked out of the office. Hazel holding Avni's hand and walking.

Akshit: Avni main kya soch raha tha parso kahin outing ke liye chalte hai. Sunday hai to?

Avni (nodded): Yaa! Umm... Hazel bhi sath chalegi.

Akshit got quiet for a few seconds.

Akshit: Ah! Avni it's about us. I want to spend some time with you.

Avni: Hazel? Main usko akele nahi chhor sakti. Vo bachi hai.

Akshit: Avni main nahi keh raha Hazel ko akele chorne ke liye. Sid... He can be with her for sometime.

Avni thought for sometime.

Avni: Sorry Akshit... I can't. Hazel meri responsibility hai. Sid is taking care of her but Hazel mere sath hi rahegi.

Akshit nodded understanding her point. He dropped the plan of outing.

To be continued

Stay tuned for next chapter