Chapter 28

They reached the cafe.

Sid and Hazel went towards the swing. Avni and Zalak went and sat at the table talking about their random topics.

Hazel sat on the swing and was playing. Sid saw Avni and Zalak. Both were talking and laughing. Sid couldn't move his eyes from Avni. A wide smile played on his lips as he was busy staring at Avni.

Hazel (shout): Sidoooooo...

She shouted as she noticed he wasn't listening to her. Sid came back to his senses.

Sid (nervous): Haa haa bolo?

Hazel: Ice-ceam...

She pointed at the ice cream.

Sid: Pehle kuch kha lo phir hi I will buy ice cream for you.

Hazel nodded with a pout.

Hazel: Bua pass jaye?

Sid nodded. He took her from the swing and made her stand on the ground. Hazel held his finger and they walked towards Zalak and Avni.

Sid: Order kyun nahi kiya hai abhi tak?

Avni: Tera wait kar rahe the.

Zalak: Tu aa gaya to order deke aa.

Sid (frown): Pehle driver, ab waiter? Aap logo ne mujhe samajh kya rakha hai?

Avni: Dekh hum to sirf driver samajh rahe the. Waiter to tune khud assume kiya.

Zalak: Ab assume kiya hai to kaam bhi kar le.

Both hi-fied with a chuckle. Sid rolls his eyes.

Hazel (pointing somewhere): Akshit uncle.

Sid, Avni and Zalak's attention turned towards Hazel. They followed Hazel's point out to see Akshit.

Akshit who was going towards exit. Hazel's voice grabbed his attention too. He saw them and smiled. Sid waved his hand. Akshit came towards them.

Akshit: Hey guys

Sid: Hi buddy.

Avni: Hello.

Hazel: Hello uncle.

Avni: Tum yaha?

Akshit: Ghar par bore ho raha tha to socha long drive jata hoon. Yaha coffee lene aaya. Tum logo ka plan kaise bana?

Avni (pointing at Hazel): Madam ko weekends par bhi Sidoo chaye.

Hazel giggles.

Sid: Khada kya hai? Baith jaa. I mean join us.

Akshit: Nahi nahi. Tum log friends enjoy karo. Main aese kya-

Sid: Arey bhai aesa kuch nahi hai. Wait let me introduce you guys. Di, he is Akshit our colleague and friend. Akshit, she is my di Zalak.

Zalak: Hello.

Akshit: Hey.

Avni: Ab baith bhi ya invitation doon koi?

Akshit took a chair and placed it beside Sid. He was about to sit.

Hazel: Main baithu Sidoo pass.

She ordered. As she was sitting between Sidneet.

Avni (rolling her eyes): Akshu tum ye side baitho please. Madam ko bas Sidoo hi chaye.

Akshit nodded and sat beside Avni. Hazel sat beside Sid.

Sid: Akshit don't mind haa. Avni ko mujhse and Hazel se bahut jealousy hoti hai. Or kuch nahi.

Avni: Chup ho jaa varna aesi maar khayega.

Sid (ignoring her): Blah blah blah...

Hazel laugh. Avni hit on the Sid's arm.

Zalak: Sid order deke aa.

Avni: Jao waiter jao apni duty karo.

Sid (hit on Avni's head): Main waiter nahi hoon.

Avni (narrowing her eyes): Waiter jate jate mirror me khud ko dekhte jana.

Sid glared at her and left for the order. Avni, Zalak and Akshit laugh.

Hazel: Sab bad. Mere Sidoo ko tang kiya bahut saraaaaa...

Avni: Aa gayi Sidoo ki chamchi.

Hazel pouts. Just then Sid came. Their chit-chat began.

After a few minutes, their order arrived.

Avni took her coffee and was busy in talks when a hot coffee fell on her hand. Because of the sudden burn cup fell from her hand and her hand burnt a little more. Sid, Akshit and Zalak were shocked.

Sid (holding her hand): Avni kya karti hai? Dhayan kaha tha? Dekh hath kaise jal gaya. Bas masti karni hoti hai. Dhayan to rakha nahi jata tujhse.

He took a jug of water and put her hand in the water. He was really worried for her and was scolding her. Somewhere his heart couldn't control his emotions. Looking at worried Sid. Zalak and Akshit took their hands back who were about to look at Avni's condition.

But Akshit understood Sid's that unknown emotion. Akshit's heart pinched looking at Sid who is now worried for Avni the way Akshit used to be once or maybe still does.

Avni: It's okay Sid. Halka sa laga. I am fine.

Sid nodded and calmed a bit. Hazel got quiet and was sad because of the sudden thickness in the environment.

Zalak: Avni ache se thande pani se hath wash kar lo then if burn hua to doctor ke pass jate hai.

Sid: Di seedha doctor ke pass hi chalte hai.

Avni: Nahi baba. Kuch nahi hai. Hand thande pani se wash karugi sab theek hai.

Zalak: Chal...

Avni nodded. Zalak and Hazel left to wash Avni's hand. Sid sat there silently but seemed worried. Sid's behaviour was pinching Akshit's heart.

After washing Avni's hand. Zalak and Avni came back.

Avni (showing her hand): See kuch nahi hai.

Sid saw her hand and nodded. They sat to have snacks together and fun began again. After some more, they all left for home.

At night

With Akshit. He was lying on the bed but sleep was nowhere near. He was just changing sides and was thinking about what happened at the cafe.

Akshit's P.O.V.

Sid ki care Avni ke liye sirf friendly concern tha? I don't think so. Vo concern me hid feeling bhi the. Kya Sid Avni se pyaar karta hai? Avni... Vo meri hai... Haa Avni to meri hai. Vo to sirf mujhse pyaar karti hai na....Ye Sid kaise? No...

P.O.V. ends

To be continued

Stay tuned for next chapter