Chapter 29

Akshit sat up on the bed with a jerk and breathing heavily. He held his head in his hands.

Akshit: Oh God. What the hell am I thinking?

He picked up his phone to check what time it was. But his sight instead fell on his lock screen wallpaper which yet had Avu's pic. His eyes filled with tears remembering their days together. But he immediately shook his head reminding himself not to go on that memory lane once again. He picked up the jug of water poured it in glass and drank it. Then he got up from the bed and walked towards the balcony attached to his room to get fresh air. He closed his eyes as a fresh, cold breeze hit his face and spoiled his hair.

Akshit's P.O.V.

Why is all this even happening to me God? Despite loving her so much neither I can keep her nor I can push her away from my life. And today seeing Sid and Avni so happy with each other. That pricked my heart. That moment when he was so worried for her and treated her. It's again and again coming to my mind. And she was also so happy enjoying her time with him. She was so comfortable with him. She is mine right? How can she be so close to someone else?

P.O.V. ends

He immediately opened his eyes with a jerk and his eyes widened at what he was thinking. His mind was again unfortunately thinking all that totally against his wish.

Akshit: No. No. No. This is wrong. This is so wrong

Akshit's P.O.V.

Why can't I just stop thinking about all this? Avni...Avni is not mine. No, she is not. We have broken up. More precisely I was the one to leave her. Now neither she belongs to me nor I have any rights to her. And if she gets a boy who loves her and supports her at every step, what can be better than this? If Avni is happy, nothing can be better than that. And Sid is a great person for her. And if they get together, if Avni will be happy in her life, I would be the happiest person ever in this world. But but but I need to make sure that Sid is the right person for my Avni or not. Yes, I can't let her be broken again. If Sid is the right person, he loves Avni and can accept Hazel, then I won't leave any stone unturned to bring them together. Yes, I have to do this. This is the least I can do for Avni.

P.O.V. ends

He had a determined look on his face. Although it was difficult and painful for him but he had taken his decision.

Next morning

Akshit went to his office and started his work. But his mind was somewhere else. He worked a little bit till lunchtime. Then he got up and walked out of his cabin. On the way, he saw Sid also leaving. He was in conflict about whether he should go with him or alone. But he decided to go with him.

Akshit: Hii Siddharth

Sid: Oh hey

He replied with a smile.

Akshit: Agar free ho to saath mein lunch kar sakte hai? I mean usually tum Hazel ko lene jaate ho na. So

Sid: Nhi aaj Avu was free to she went. Chlo cafeteria chalte hai

Akshit nodded and they both went out. They sat at one table. Sid was busy eating while Akshit was thinking about how to talk with Sid. He could not just directly ask him if he liked Avu or not.

Akshit: Siddharth how is Avni?

He asked playing with rice in his tiffin with the spoon held in his hand while looking down. Sid stopped eating and looked up confused.

Sid: You guys ain't talking yet? I mean yesterday you guys were fine na

Akshit: Yes we did. But not much

Sid nodded.

Sid: She is fine now. Much better than before

Akshit: That's great

They again resumed eating.

Akshit: What do you think about Avni?

Sid: Means?

Akshit: I mean what do you think what kind of a girl is she?

Sid chuckled at him.

Akshit: Kya hua?

Sid: Akshit who knows her better than you? Why are you asking me all this?

Akshit: No I was just asking what you think about her

Sid: Oh

He still didn't understand what Akshit wanted to know but anyway, he spoke.

Sid: In my opinion, she is the strongest girl I have ever seen. Like itni si age mein she has seen so much but the way she is still standing. It's impressive

Akshit: That's all?

Sid: No. She is intelligent, smart and independent. She has never asked for anyone's help ever inspite of so many difficulties but she is handling everything so maturely on her own. That's admirable

He kept listing all the qualities. A smile came on his face while he was imagining her and his qualities so closely. Akshit smiled at him and shook his head realizing Sid had feelings for her.

To be continued

Stay tuned for next chapter