Going Under

A/N: Oh gosh, I apologize about the gap in updates guys. Things have been a bit hectic lately with some medical problems in the family. Thanks so much to all of you for the support and for sticking with my crazy imagination, it all goes appreciated and you guys are just great. I love all of your comments and never hesitate to drop me a line. On a side note; go like and follow my Facebook page for updates in-between chapters! https://www.facebook.com/unsaintism

xx much love to you all, darlings.

ARABELLE

Consequences there was. Bryn had stood by his words, though I never doubted them. He came to me once more after some time had passed, perhaps a night, I'd no way of being sure, and asked again if I would join and subsequently forsake the human species to the ruling of vampire blood with no regard for lives. I had refused vehemently of course, and he seemed to expect it. With a lingering look of foreboding, he had left and barred the door shut behind him. I curled up with my back to the wall and knees tucked into my chest, feeling sick to my stomach with hate and dread.

I had been dozing off in an uncomfortable position with my head against the wall when the door opened again, what felt like not long after Bryn had visited me. Upon noting the coming of someone I jerked awake and onto my feet promptly, watching warily as three brute-type vamps entered, making the room looking even smaller compared to their mass. I immediately had a bad feeling when I saw them; not that I had a good one to begin with.

They came towards me and I had nowhere to go, as my back was already up against the wall. Two of them grabbed me by the arms, dragging me to the door. The third led the way, and after a few moments I stopped struggling, watching where we were going. From the prison-like room I was being held in a narrow hall of earth walls winded out and we traveled down it in the dim light of sparse candles. With a suddenness I had no time to prepare for, we came into a large, well-lit area crowded full of tables and chairs which occupied undead owners, all turning to look in my direction.

I blinked against the abundant candle light, arms held tight as we came to a stop in the center of the round room.

"Ladies and gents, the queen has arrived!" a voice called amongst the crowd, in a none too welcoming tone.

A chorus of loud boos followed the announcement and went on for several seconds until a figure to my right stood up from his seat - Bryn - and held up his hands, proclaiming; "Enough! Enough!"

Obediently, the noise died down to a collective muffle of low talking.

Bryn gestured with two fingers for my brute guards to come closer and they did, towing me along, my feet barely touching the ground.

The auburn-haired vampire gave me a brusque smile that disappeared after only a moment. "I did warn you." he said quietly.

I felt as if I would be sick at his words, my body felt weak in the grasp of the two undead men.

"Bring in the shark!" Bryn announced, and a riot of hollers and cheers sounded up at his words.