Bloody Mary

When Corey and I arrived at his parent’s home, the first thing I noticed was how quiet it was.

“Are you sure they’re home?” I asked, as I followed Corey down the hall.

“Actually, no. They’re not.”

Seeing my confused look, he merely said; “They’ll be back soon though.”

“So, what’s the plan?” I inquired as we came into the kitchen, and Corey shrugged out of his leather blazer, setting it on the counter.

“What do you mean?” Corey paused, looking back at me as I sauntered into the room.

“I mean, what’s this book Ivy has? Are we just doing a little studying or…?” I trailed off, letting my question finish itself.

“Oh. Um, it’s just a book she thought might have something in it about the underworld, maybe demons.”

I nodded. “Okay.” I lifted myself onto the counter with one hand, crossing my long legs. “So, are we just going to wait around until they get back?”

He shrugged somewhat. “Unless there was something you wanted to do in the meantime.” He leaned up against the counter, idly glancing at the table’s contents.

I eyed him. “What’re you trying to hint at?”

“Nothing,”

 “I don’t believe you, buddy.”

“I came here to look at a book.” He affirmed.

“And it just so happens we’re all alone. So, why didn’t you wait until they were back?”

“I didn’t know how long they were going to be. Plus, I needed some fresh air. There’s too many vampires at the castle now; too many pheromones.”

I arched my eyebrows. “What do you mean?”

He shook his head slightly, pushing away from the counter.

“Are you mad about me bringing them back with me? I didn’t have very many choices.”

“I know.” He responded, opening the fridge and grabbing a black bottle from a shelf.

“So then, what’s the problem?”

“There’s no problem.  It’s just getting a little crowded is all.”

I laughed slightly. “The castle is plenty big enough.”

“That’s not what I mean.” He muttered, setting down the bottle on the counter with two glasses.

“Then what do you mean?”

“It’s nothing,” He stated, opening the cork on the bottle and pouring two mugs of blood.

“It doesn’t seem like nothing.” I commented.