Chapter 24

I put a bowl of soup and a cup of ginger ale on Hannah's nightstand and fixed the towel beside her before sitting beside her and kissing her head.

Elizabeth: "I will return in a few hours, sweetie. Aunt Stephanie will stay here with you if you need anything."

She mumbles an 'okay' as she nods off. I kiss her head once more before closing her door behind me. I hear a knock at my front door as I go to my room to grab my purse.

Elizabeth: "Stephanie, can you-"

Stephanie: "I've got it."

As I leave my room, I find Oliver, looking as handsome as ever, waiting in the living room.

Elizabeth: "Well, don't you look handsome."

He chuckles as we meet in the middle and kiss each other.

Oliver: "You look beautiful, Liz."

I blush a little, trying not to look him in the eye

Stephanie: "Okay, you two, get going."

Oliver: "Where's Hannah?"

Elizabeth: "She's sleeping. She was throwing up this morning, and she has a fever right now. Luckily it's gone down a bit, or I wouldn't be going to this."

Oliver: "I'm gonna see her before we leave if that's okay."

Elizabeth: "Of course, it's okay, Ollie."

He kisses me once more before going to see Hannah. Once he returns, we take off to the Humanitarian Award Ceremony.

Oliver: "You know, I keep forgetting to ask about your necklace. Why is it you are always wearing this one?"

Holding back the tears, I bring my hand up to it and take a moment before answering him

Elizabeth: "I don't think now is the best time to discuss it. Can I tell you when I'm ready?"

He holds my hand, gently giving it a reassuring squeeze.

Oliver: "Of course, Liz. I will wait as long as I have to for you."