Chapter 35

(A/N) I've been incredibly busy and stressed out thanks to the holidays. So this is going to be half of how long my chapters usually are and I don't know when I'll be able to do the next chapter. We are getting close to the end of this book and I do plan to make a second book.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oliver took us back to the club to change before he and I went home. As we enter the house, I squeeze his hand, making him stop to look at me.

Oliver: "What's wrong, Liz?"

Elizabeth: "I don't think I'm ready for Hannah to hear this. Maybe we should wait."

Oliver: "She's almost five. She's gonna find out sooner or later."

Elizabeth: "I know, but maybe we should wait to tell her till after her birthday next week. We still don't even know where his body is."

Oliver: "Alright, just take Hannah out of the room so I can at least tell my mom and sister."

Elizabeth: "Okay."

We hug before entering the living room, trying to comfort each other.

Moira: "Let's see that blouse in a violet shade...You're a miracle worker, Thea."

Thea: "Oh, when it comes to shopping, it's not work, really."

Hannah: "Me next, me next."

Moira: "Of course."

Thea: "Hey, you're both home. I'm just teaching Mom and Hannah the joys of online clothes shopping."

Elizabeth: "That's good."

Oliver remains sullen, and I can't seem to put a smile on my face for show. Moira and Thea are both confused, and I know it's because they have no idea what Oliver is about to tell them.

Thea: "Ollie? Lizzie? Are you two okay?"

Elizabeth: "It's really late, and Hannah should be in bed already."

Hannah: "Daddy, can you tuck me in?"

Oliver: "Sure, I'll be right there, baby."

She gives him a hug, before taking my hand and going upstairs.

 ~Flashback~

Oliver and I just arrived at the pier, where he is about to get on the Queen's Gambit.

Elizabeth: "Ollie, I'm gonna miss you so much. How long are you gonna be gone?"

Oliver: "Only a few weeks. I wish I could take you, but I want this to be some father/son time with my dad."

I groan, knowing I can't change his mind.

Elizabeth: "Okay, but I'll have a surprise waiting for you when you return."

Oliver: "I look forward to it."

He kisses me, and I pull out a photo of me and hand it to him.

Elizabeth: "Take this so you won't be so lonely while you're gone."

Oliver: "Thank you."

He kisses the photo and me again before we join his parents on the dock.

Oliver: "Hey. Got room for one more?"

Moira: "No. No. No."

Oliver: "Mom, let me keep dad company."

Moira: "Oliver, you're in school."

Oliver: "Not really. I forgot to tell you that."

Robert: "I could use an extra hand on the ship."

Moira: "Robert!"

Robert: "Moira, let the kid take the boat out with the old man."

She huffs before relenting.

Moira: "Alright. Alright. But you promise me that you'll behave yourself."

Oliver: "Oh yeah, I promise."

Oliver and Moira hug.

Moira: "I love you so much."

Oliver: "I love you too."

They separate, and Oliver hugs me, saying goodbye one last time before he and Robert get on the Queen's Gambit while Moira and I wave from the docks.

~Flashback end~