Chapter 37

I'm working on my computer in my office, only it's incredibly difficult for me to focus at all. Oliver hasn't told me what's going on with him. Felicity has been avoiding me and while Diggle is back, he's been super busy doing stuff for Oliver. I've honestly had just about enough of this. Whether Oliver likes it or not, I will find out what's going on.

I decide to cut today short and head toward Oliver's hideout. Upon my arrival, I find all three of them in the room looking at pictures of Moira on Felicity's computer. I decide to wait in the shadows to see what's going on.

Diggle: "She goes to work, she comes home. Occasionally she goes out to dinner. She seems to particularly like the salmon tartare at Table Salt."

Felicity: "I'm linked into her home and office phone. Nothing out of the ordinary. No mention of Walter's abduction or the Undertaking. Just a few innocuous calls to Malcolm Merlyn."

Oliver: "Why wouldn't she call him? They're old friends. We're all old friends."

Their conversation is shocking me to the core and I need to know what's going on but I can't give myself away yet. Felicity gets up and walks over to Oliver.

Felicity: "Are you okay?"

Oliver: "My mom and my best friend's and girlfriend's dad are involved in a conspiracy that may have dire consequences for the city and I'm pretty sure they murdered my father. I'm not planning on using the word 'okay' again any time soon."

Diggle: "Listen, all we know for sure is that Malcolm and your mother are planning something for the Glades."

Felicity: "And that Walter and I were getting too close to it. That's why they had him kidnapped."

Diggle: "We have to find out what this Undertaking is."

I can't believe this. Why would they think Moira and my dad would be behind this? And why wouldn't they tell me about it?

Oliver: "I gotta ask her."

Felicity: "Well, no, t-the last time the Vigilante paid your mom a visit, you got shot, and I got to play doctor with you. Ugh, my brain thinks of the worst way to say things."

Oliver: "This time it'll just be me asking. Friendly mother-son chat."

He leaves the room, going up the stairs and I step out of my hiding place, surprising both Felicity and Diggle. Diggle points a pistol at me, before realizing it is me and lowers it.

Felicity: "Oh my god!"

Diggle: "Jesus, Elizabeth."

Elizabeth: "So when were you guys planning on telling me you suspect my father and Moira of this big conspiracy?"

Diggle: "Oliver made the call not to tell you until we know what the two of them are planning."

I shake my head as I look away from them, trying not to cry.

Elizabeth: "Of course he did. As if I don't need to know anything about my father possibly trying to do something awful to the city. How can we even be sure the two of them are even behind this?"

Felicity: "Because that's how we found Walter. Malcolm had him locked up the whole time. Oliver found out because Moira confronted him after Oliver told her that Walter was dead."

She looks so sad. I know she's sorry, but right now, I can't accept this. I'm too infuriated that Oliver has been hiding this from me for at least a week.

Elizabeth: "Are you serious right now? Did he honestly believe I wouldn't find out? Why would he keep this from me of all people?"

Diggle: "We don't know. We were in favor of telling you, but he wanted to wait."