Chapter 39

The next morning, I discovered Oliver left without telling me. Honestly, it is quite vexing. He came here to apologize, spent a passionate night with me, and then left without saying a word. What the hell? He better have a good explanation for this. I get ready and head to Tommy's to join him, Laurel, and Hannah for brunch. I was on my way to them until I got Felicity's call.

E - Hey, Felicity. What's going on?
F - Oliver is missing.
E - What?!
F - He went to confront your father last night and never returned. Diggle is tracking him down as we speak.
E - How is Diggle going to find him?
F - Oliver keeps a tracker in his boot. I'm worried though. If they caught Oliver, Diggle might need some backup.
E - I'll be there as soon as I can.

Once I hang up, I let Tommy know I have to leave and ask him to watch Hannah for me before I go to the hideout. I get dressed in my vigilante outfit and gear up before Diggle and I track Oliver to a warehouse my father owns. Diggle leads us in and we take out a few men as we near the tracking signal. We find a man pointing a gun at Oliver who is bent over a man he clearly choked out with the chains on his arms and Diggle shoots the guy, surprising Oliver.

Diggle: "I take back every joke I made about you sticking a tracking device in your boot."

Oliver calms his breathing as he nods.

Elizabeth: "I'm still mad at you, but for now, let's get you out of here."

We help him out of the shackles and take him back to the hideout. He got dressed with some difficulty in the car.

Diggle: "Felicity's at Queen Consolidated. She's still going through the data she pulled off Merlyn's network."

Oliver: "Did she find anything?"

Diggle: "Yeah. The design schematics of the earthquake generator. So we can shut it down assuming we find it in time."

My phone rings and it's Felicity again.

E - Hey, Felicity, we got him.
F - Thank god. Is he okay?
E - Mostly.
F - Okay. I'm on my way.

She hangs up and I take the ice packs Diggle got for me and put them on Oliver.

Elizabeth: "Is this really all from my father?"

Oliver: "The bruises, yes. Diggle, get me the phone to contact Detective Lance."

Diggle: "Sure."

He hands Oliver the phone.

O - Hello, detective.
Q - It's funny you should call. I got your trusty sidekick sitting right in front of me.
O - I don't have a sidekick. When I need help, I call you. Malcolm Merlyn plans to level the Glades with a man-made earthquake using technology from Unidac Industries.
Q - What? Well, now you're just trying to have some fun with me.
O - I don't know what Merlyn's timetable is so you need to evacuate the Glades immediately. Get as many people to safety as you can. Whatever you think of me, detective, please believe this.

He hangs up the phone. He gets up, refusing my aid and goes upstairs.

Elizabeth: "Where is he going?"

Diggle: "I don't know, but he's on a mission."

Elizabeth: "When he returns, let him know I had to attend to some personal business."

Diggle: "Wait, where are you going?"

Elizabeth: "I'm going to confront my father."

Diggle: "I don't think that's a good idea."

Elizabeth: "He would never hurt me, Diggle."

I leave, going to Merlyn Global. When I arrive, I end up in the elevator with Tommy.