Reunion - Rancher Duo (Empires 2)

Requested by - Beansi-

Jimmy rolled his eyes at Grian, he was already done with his brother and he'd only been here for 20 minutes and he was already done with the pesky bird. That's when he heard a voice...a voice he recognized...Tango? Scar ran up to the tunnel and Jimmy followed, Grian who was standing at the edge of it turned around.

"Hey Tango!" Grian smiled the the figure, when Jimmy got up to stand beside Grian he gasped in shock.

There stood Tango, his rancher. He looked slightly different from the last time Jimmy saw him, dawning blue hair and blue eyes. His whole outfits color pallet seemed to have changed to blue.

Tango smiled at Grian, "Hi Grian! You doing...o..k?" Tango slowed down as his eyes met Jimmy's and his jaw dropped, "J-Jimmy?"

Tears filled Jimmy's eyes as he ran forward engulfing Tango in a hug, Tango stumbled back slightly wrapping his arms around Jimmy's torso and pulling him closer.

"My rancher! Oh my gosh!!" Jimmy exclaimed happily, as he cried into Tango's shoulder.

"How- what- Jimmy!" Tango said his name softly, tears begining to flood his eyes as well.

Jimmy pulled back slightly fron the hug before pressing forward and capturing Tango's lips in a sweet kiss. Tango kissed back instantly, the kiss was soft and filled with all the unspoken emotions they felt for one another. There was a hint of longer in their kiss from being separated for so long, the kiss was cut short when they heard gagging noises off to their left. When they pulled apart Grian was pretending to be disgusted gagging and acting like he was gonna puke.

"Gosh! Get a room you two!!" He exclaimed, Scar, who now had his hand intertwined with Grian's, giggled at the fake repulsiveness.

Jimmy just laughed, "This is my empire Grian, you are free to go, let me kiss my boyfriend in peace," Grian gagged again but was very clearly smiling, he was happy for his brother. Jimmy knew that.

"Yeah! I had to deal with you two being all 'kissy kissy smoochey smoochey'" He pointed at Grian and Scar who lit up like christmas lights,"So I want to hear none of your protests!" Tango complained.

"I- fair point," Grian said, before yanking Scar out of the tunnel, most likely to go explore. Jimmy honestly didn't care what they did, he laughed lightly then turned back to Tango.

"I missed you," He said.

"I missed you too, I thought I'd have to wait way longer to see you again," Tango responded.

"Yeah me too, I'm just happy I didn't," Jimmy smiled softly at Tango. His hand coming up to cup Tango's cheek and rub his thumb carefully over his skin, wiping away the tears that fell down his face.

"I love you Tango," He said, getting closer to rub his nose against Tango's.

"I love you too, my rancher," Tango said, softly giggling at the action.

Jimmy then quickly noticed his hat, or more rather Shubble's hat, Jimmy dropped his hand from Tango's face.

"Did you steal this from Shelby?" Jimmy asked, softly tugging on the item in question.

"No no nothing like that, see, I landed in the Evermoore and I was greeted by Shubble. I said I liked her hat and I thought it was cute and she gave it to me for me to wear. I'll give it back eventually," Tango explained.

"Ahhh, I see," Jimmy nodded, then his smile was wiped clean off his face by a very intruding thought. "I'm sorry..." Jimmy said, dropping his head down and looking at his feet.

"Wha- why are you sorry?" Tango asked softly, trying to meet his eyes.

"Because, its my fault we lost Double Life," He said simply, "I'm cursed and that bled onto you, I'm so sorry," Jimmy finished quietly.

"Hey, look at me," Tango prompted, Jimmy continued to look at his feet. Tango put a finger under his chin and pushed his head up, forcing Jimmy to meet his eyes. "Look at me, He said, still soft, yet stern. "You did nothing wrong, ok? Nothing. Nothing is your fault. You are not cursed. You have just been delt a shitty hand in life,"

"But-" Tango cuts him off.

"No but's," He shook his head, "It's just a game and guess what?" Jimmy didn't ask he just blinked. Tango continued softly, "It's where I fell in love with you. You are way more important then wining a dumb game,"

Tears started to spill down Jimmy's face again, it was Tango who wiped them away. So tenderly, filled with care. Jimmy ducked down and put his head in Tango's shoulder, Tango held him closely, tracing small shapes into the canary's back. The moment was sweet, oh so sweet. It meant so much to Jimmy that Tango saw him past his curse, saw him for who he was regardless of what the Watchers had to say. It made him feel loved, safe, like he could let his guard down for once.

He loved his friends but sometimes their teasing was too much, sometimes it actually got to him. With Tango, he knew he would never be judged or teased, only loved and appreciated. Maybe it was dumb that his friends harmless teasing got to him, maybe he's too sensitive, maybe he shouldn't be such a push over. But Jimmy didn't care, because right now he was safe. The only thing that mattered was that he was safe in the arms of his rancher, the one he loved the most. The person he would die for.

There was no doubt in Jimmy's mind that soulmates were real. And he had found his.

Fin