Eyes don't lie, say you're mine. - Mean Gills (Secret Life)

Scott had an idea. He was green and on one heart. Martyn was red and got ten hearts when he killed someone. So Scott crunched the numbers and went to go find Martyn to ask the blonde to kill him. Was it a fool proof plan? No. Did he really care? Not necessarily. He made his way over to the mounders base where he knew Martyn was at because he could hear his voice. Scott didn't really.. Trust the mounders all that much, so he stayed on the other side of the gate. He held his shield passively and a flint and steel.

"Martyn?" Scott called, drawling the 'n' in Martyn's name, "Martyn?" He repeated.

Martyn responded from inside the base, "H-Hello?"

"Can I see you?" Scott drawled again.

Martyn opened the door, leaning on the frame of it, "No, hence why you were calling my name," He smirked, Scott rolled his eyes.

Martyn walked over to him and Scott backed up; getting away from the gate. He turned and could only hear Martyn's footsteps behind him, which he didn't particularly like. So he kept checking back.

"Yeah well, I wanted to- I want to talk with you. If you could follow me?" Scott responded as Martyn laughed at his very dumb joke. He stopped in a clearing further away from the mounders base, "You're red right?"

"Yeah I'm red," He said with a nod, Scott smiled.

"Okay, so..." Martyn stepped closer, "I want to keep a little bit of distance," Scott said with a nervous laugh, "So.." He paused, "You get hearts when you kill someone, is that correct?" Martyn gave him a look, as if he was trying to study Scott.

"I do, yeah!" He responded with what almost sounded like worry but was easily masked with intrigue. "I get some like- over time."

"And I am on very low hearts," Martyn nodded, "So! There's two ways I was thinking this could work for both of us," Martyn nodded again, another flash of worry in his eyes that Scott chose to ignore. "I could let you kill me, and then later down the line," Martyn let out a soft 'mhm' with another nod,"Y-you have an IOU. If I'm like hey, I need this person killed or- I need you to leave me be and kinda.. And give me some breathing room we can kind cash that in."

"Oh! So we're doing like an eye for an eye sort of thing?" Martyn questioned as he crossed his arms and shifted his weight to one foot, tilting his head to the side slightly with the same intrigued look.

"Yeah, like rather just me dying to fall damage or that, 'cause that could very easily happen. I'd rather get it out of the way-" Martyn cut him off.

"Sure."

He continued without acknowledging it, "And get my thirty hearts. And then that means then I don't have to kill myself, so," Scott shrugged.

Martyn uncrosses his arms and walks a little closer, "You're a business man!" Martyn put on a funny accent, "I like talking to business men, they don't mess around!"

"Exactly! This game is half actual good game strategy and half social skills, so.." Scott smiled when Martyn laughed.

He didn't back up this time, he moved forward closer to Martyn. This was happening and it looked like Martyn was afraid. Scott didn't step back.

Except Martyn did.

He took a step back.

Odd.

"Martyn?" Scott asked softly.

Martyn freezes, "Do- do you...? Remember?" The blonde asked out of nowhere.

The statement made Scott freeze too, "Remember... What?" Of course Scott knew what he was referring too, Martyn won last season; which meant he remembered the previous games.