I still love you - Flower Husbands (Secret Life)

Requested by: hello0people123

Jimmy pounced on Scott; the cyannette instantly put up his shield, laughing at his attempt to harm him.

"Jimmy are you okay?" He chuckled blocking all the attacks Jimmy hit him with.

Jimmy didn't respond he just grunted as he tried to hit Scott again, it was blocked.

"The florist sends his regards!" Jimmy said, trying to sound intimidating as he ran away.

"You always have to bring it back to flower husbands, huh?" Scott asked, his voice dripping with sly intent.

Jimmy froze and slowly turned around, "What?" Scott smirked.

"Are you obsessed with me or something?" He questioned.

It was a joke. Very obviously a joke. Then why did Jimmy's insides curl up and his heart squeeze at the implication. They broke up a year ago, why should he care? Why did he care?

"I- uh.. You- I-.." Jimmy stuttered out.

Scott dropped the flirty joking tone, he looked worried. A soft look in his eyes that made Jimmy's heart crack with recognition. Scott always used to look at him like that. Not worried. The other thing.

"Are you okay, Jim?" Jimmy didn't respond, stepping back when Scott stepped forward.

Martyn, the angel he was, stepped between them, "Alright Scott, stop harassing him," He crossed his arms in a joking tone.

This seemed to distract Scott enough to snap his attention to Martyn instead of Jimmy, "I'm the one being harassed," He protested, a confident demeanor taking over his stature.

Jimmy leaned down, "Thank you," He whispered to the blonde, watching Martyn smile.

"No problem Tim," And with that he ran off.

Jimmy made his way up the mountain in quick succession, entering the big dogs shack and shutting the door behind himself. He slid down the door and sat on the floor, running his hand through his hair to calm himself. He didn't understand why it bothered him so much, Jimmy and Scott had been broken up for ages at this point. Maybe that was it? Maybe he missed- Jimmy quickly put that dangerous thought to the back of his mind. He focused on just trying to breathe, there was no way he was about to have a panic attack over something as stupid as a joke. You've done it before, a part of his brain reminded him. Not helpful.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door, Jimmy shakily stood up, getting out of the way before sitting on the bed. It was Martyn who opened the door, of course it was.

"Joel can suck it, this is too much pressure for you," The blonde said, the bed creaked as he sat beside Jimmy.

"It's fine," Jimmy responded, running a hand through his hair.

Martyn gave him a look, Pearl and Grian were Jimmy's real siblings but Martyn had been there for everything. Helped them through everything. He was their brother, even if he wasn't actually blood related to the three avians.

"It's clearly not," Martyn responded, his red (blue normally) eyes piercing into Jimmy's skull, not necessarily in a bad way but it still sent a shiver down Jimmy's spine. "Look Tim, I care about you a lot. I don't want to see you freeze up like you did just then. Either you stop doing this or you talk to him." Martyn said.

Jimmy weighed his options, either he let his best friend down, or..... No. He would have to back out. He would have to tell Joel he couldn't do this anymore. Jimmy could imagine Joel's reaction, he could imagine the exasperated sigh as Joel complained.