Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you. - Scarian (Hermitcraft)

Scar and Grian had been together for a long time. Since 2019 to be exact. Since July 14th 2019 to be extremely exact. That was 4 years, 5 months, and 1 day ago. Not like Scar had been counting or anything. Except he totally had been, and not for the reason you think. He would fight the "simp" allegations to his grave. No. He was counting because he had a plan. See, Hermitcraft Season 9 was set to end tomorrow and Scar really wanted to propose to Grian. So he hatched a plan! Scar would propose after the Hermit's end of season party that was happening in the crastle. One slight issue (over sight actually) with this plan was Scar needed to ask permission from Grian's parents. The issue with that was he had never met Grian's parents. The reason for it was simple, Grian didn't like his parents. He didn't associate with them. So Scar did the next best thing and that is how he ended up in Pearl's house, on her couch, with Martyn and Jimmy sitting in front of him; Pearl was sat in-between them. Scott and Jimmy had started living with Tango after Empires 2 ended and Martyn was married to Ren...so.

"Scar what is this about?" Martyn asked, leaning back in his chair slightly.

"Okay... So... Uh..." Scar was looking anywhere but at the three siblings, they all exchanged glances.

"Scar! Spit it out!" Jimmy exclaimed after a while.

"I want to propose to Grian," He blurted then squeezed his eyes shut. He expected some sort of reaction from the avians, he got none. Silence. Somehow worse Scar decided. He opened his eyes, they were all stuck in some form of shock. Martyn's eyes were blown wide and his eyebrows raised, Pearl's jaw dropped, and Jimmy, well, he was frozen. "Uhh... Are you okay?" Scar questioned, slightly worried for the three.

"Oh my god.." Jimmy was the first to speak, his golden wings fluffed up behind him as he smiled and got excited, "Oh my god! Really?!" He exclaimed, Scar thought he would fall off of his chair he was bouncing so much.

Martyn's expression eased off into a smile and Pearl...well....

"WHAT?!" Everyone jumped, including Scar who wanted to mold into the couch behind him.

Pearl's wings fluffed up, similar to Jimmy's, it tends to show excitement. Her tone was what scared him. She seemed worried.

"Pearl... Is-... Is that okay?" Scar asked softly, swallowing his fear, "That's what I wanted to do, I wanted to ask you guys if I could. It's a huge thing in Vex culture and I just-... You guys don't talk to your parents so I thought I'd ask you?"

Scar might have been downplaying how important this conversation was. He was dealing with both Avian and Vex culture here. Both were different, both were important. In Vex culture you had to ask your partners parents if you could marry them, if they said no you wouldn't be able to propose until they said yes. Vexes were huge on devotion. Avian's were different, they were big on family. In Avian culture you had to ask your partners flock. If they said no it didn't matter, you could do what you wanted but it was severely frowned upon. Like, your partner could be kicked out of the flock for disobeying the opinions of their flock if they said yes. So Scar was killing two bir-.... Ants (yeah ants is good) with one stone, a very important stone. Grian didn't actually have a flock, so his siblings were again the next best thing.

The thing with Pearl, which Scar realized fairly quickly, was that she was over protective of her siblings. Especially Grian, he'd been hurt by multiple people over the years in horrible ways. It made Scar sick just to think about it. Which was why Pearl was on the offense. Scar gave her a worried look.

"Yeah, yeah Scar it's fine," Pearl said, settling down a little.

"Are you sure?" Scar questioned, "You look tense.." Jimmy put a hand on her shoulder.