You Have My Heart - Scarian (Secret Life)

"I will trade a golden apple for a heart," Scar said, the man stood behind the counter of his trading center, wearing his usual button up and pants that he wore for the life series.

Except this time instead of a brown crossbow bag he had a brown leather holster the book that contained his secret task.

Grian for some reason always found himself gravitating back to Scar every single season. He just couldn't be away from him, it was confusing to Grian. He didn't understand why he couldn't just be a normal person around Scar. Though, he supposed being normal around someone you used to cuddle with and kiss every day is almost unheard of. Grian still loved him, of course he did, he just didn't know if Scar felt the same.

Martyn and Jimmy were also in the trading stall, they were both about to leave seeing as Jimmy just got scammed by Scar, which he should have saw coming.

The canary was quick to walk out the door "Right, see you later," He said, "Not a chance. Not a chance. It's not happening." Jimmy waved his hands around in protest as he left the shack, Martyn in tow.

Grian considered the offer, "Ok... Ok...." He said under his breath, before turning around to face Scar again, "Hold on, hold on," Grian opened his inventory, out of the corner of his eye he could see Scar smirking at him. "You're gonna gift me your-.. Your heart... For a golden apple?" He questioned.

"You already have my heart, G," Scar said, it was an instant response, almost like he had just said the first thing that popped into his head. Grian felt his face turn slightly pink and he watched Scar stiffen up, emerald eyes wide with the realization of his statement. However, Scar being Scar decided to lean into it,"But yeah." Grian was freaking out internally about the comment and how smoothly Scar had played it.

"Ok.. Cool! It's a deal!" Grian said, trying to brush off the comment.

Scar walked to the backroom of his trading stall, shutting the door behind himself. Grian slid down the wall and sat on the ground, his wings wrapping around him as he waited. He didn't understand why Scar would say that, did he mean it? Did he actually love Grian back? Had he always loved him or was this a new development? Or was Grian looking way too far into this? He didn't know, he honestly didn't care.

When Scar returned he leaned over the table to look down at the avian, "Uhhh.. You good?" He asked awkwardly.

Grian stood and quickly nodded, "Yup!"

"Okay! Here you go!" Scar stretched out his hand to reveal a golden apple, Grian stared at it.

"What?"

"The apple for your heart, Sunshine. Remember?" Scar questioned, head tilted to the side slightly feigning an innocent look (Scar was anything but).

"No, the trade was 'I give you the apple and you gifted me a heart'," Grian said, he couldn't believe he had almost got scammed by Scar again.

"You have it, so I'm giving you something else of value." He smiled and Grian just about choked on the air.

"Scar!!" Grian exclaimed, Scar didn't take the statement back, he rested his chin on his fist on the table.

"Grian you don't need something you have, so I'm trading you the apple," Scar placed the golden apple on the counter.

"I-... Scar, what?" He couldn't believe what was happening right now, was Scar joking or was he serious? It was difficult to tell.

"What? I'm just making a trade," Scar smirked, "Are you gonna take it?" The vex asked, he was ridiculously smooth, Grian had to give him that.

"Do you mean that?" Grian couldn't stop himself from asking.

Scar thought about it for a moment, "Uhhh yeah! If you give me a heart the apple is yours Sunshine!" The brunette smiled brightly at Grian.

"No, no, Scar, do you mean the other thing?" He asked, Scar looked confused and Grian groaned, "The thing about me already.. Having your heart?" Scar's expression softened and Grian's heart just about melted.

"Of course G, forever and always," Nope. Grian's heart was a puddle now.

"R-really?" Grian mentally cursed at himself for stuttering.

"Did you doubt it?" Scar asked in return.

That was a good question, did he? Did Grian ever doubt that Scar loved him? The answer was..... Difficult, to say the least. Grian didn't want to believe that he doubted it, but at the same time, did he ever believe it?

"Maybe..." Grian responded, "That's a difficult question Scar," Scar smiled.

"Ah, but any question is worth an answer," He countered, standing up straight.

"That is true I suppose," Grian considered.

"Now," Scar held out the golden apple again. "Will you answer mine?"

Grian thought it over before settling on his response, "I don't think you need my heart Scar, you have it. By your logic I don't need anything in return," Grian could have sworn he saw Scar blush and lose eye contact for a second but maybe he was seeing things.

After a few moments of silence Scar walked around the counter placing the apple on it. Grian backed up as Scar walked over to him, he walked backwards until his wings and back hit the wall. Scar put his hand next to Grian's head, leaning over him. Scar was almost a foot taller than Grian so he was towering above the avian with that stupid smirk on his face. Despite the fact that it seemed Grian was caged in place, in actuality, Scar had left one of his hands by his side, providing Grian an exit to use if he so chose. Grian wasn't going to use it but appreciated the gesture.

"Could I give you a more..." Scar trailed off for a moment, "Physical trade?" He asked lowly.

Grian swallowed hard, "Yeah... Go for it," He said.

Scar smiled and leaned down and captured Grian's lips in his own, almost on instinct Grian kissed back, fireworks going off in his chest as he placed his hands flat on Scar's. The kiss was soft and slow for the duration, almost experimental. After a few moments the two broke apart for air with smiles on both their faces. Grian pulled Scar down for a second very quickly after. The two were enraptured with one another, Scar dropped his hand from the wall opting to put both on Grian's waist in favor of pulling him closer. Grian slid his hands up Scar's chest, resting his arms around Scar's shoulders, interlocking his hands behind the brunettes head.

The kiss slowly heated up, Scar pushing Grian back more against the wall and kissing him more frenziedly. Grian hadn't kissed Scar in almost 2 years, this was intoxicating for him. He never wanted to pull away. It was like Grian was addicted to the vex. In a way, he was. Scar broke the kiss after a minute or two.

"I missed you..." He said, panting slightly.

Grian opened his eyes and looked into Scar's, "I missed you too," He responded.

A few moments of silence went by before Scar spoke again.

"Soooo.." Scar smiled brightly at Grian, "Can I have that heart now?"

Grian gasped playfully and lightly smacked Scar's arm, pulling his body fully from Scar, "No! That's a rotten deal!" He backed up towards the door.

"I think Pearl would have just taken the apple, she's smart," Grian raised an eyebrow, amused.

"And what does my sister have to do with this?" The avian asked.

Scar looked around innocently, "Oh nothing," Grian rolled his eyes and left the stall, "I love you!" Scar called to him as he walked away.

Grian turned around and began to walk backwards, "I love you too, you dumbass!" Scar dramatically gasped and Grian laughed as he headed back to his base, shaking his head at the brunette.

Later that day Grian would get that heart from Scar, just through a bit of gaslighting and bargaining.

Fin