Winner Takes It All - Scarian (Secret Life - Session 9)

Grian watched as Scar and Pearl fought. It all had come down to this. It would be a repeat winner. Grian was sure of it. Scar wouldn't win. He hoped Scar wouldn't win. That's a more accurate statement. Grian hoped Scar wouldn't win. It was hard to stay focused on his lover (was that even the right word?) with his brothers hanging off his arm and screeching for Pearl to win. It was hard to be a pessimist while Martyn and Jimmy acted like over energetic puppies. An apt description considering their whole brand this season.

"BEAT HIS ASS PEARL!!" Martyn screamed, he was jumping up and down on Grian's shoulder.

Grian tried to focus on Scar, he seemed confident, albeit a little frantic. Scar's hair was swept to one side, eyes focused on the girl in front of him. He moved quickly and out of instinct. From here, Grian could see the vex magic emanating off of him. Why didn't Grian want him to win? It was simple. If Scar won he'd remember. He'd remember everything. Not just this game, no. He'd remember them all. Scar would remember every little thing that Grian had done to him that he wished he could forget. He didn't want that to happen. Scar would also remember their relationship. They dated during the games and only during the games, due to the memory thing.

Grian liked it that way, he didn't want to think of what would happen if they were together in Hermitcraft too. Maybe you wouldn't feel so alone. A part of his mind told him. Grian pushed away this thought and focused on Pearl and Scar.

Scar shot another arrow.

It hit Pearl.

She fell off the plateau, hitting a block.

Lighting cracked.

And Grian collapsed.

Pearl spawned in behind them. Martyn and Jimmy ran to congratulate her on second place, all the ghosts did. Grian couldn't move. He was on his knees watching Scar who didn't realize he had won.

She's dead Scar, he sent in chat.

You won. And Grian was devastated.

He watched Scar read the message from his place on the floor with his knees pulled to his chest and his wings wrapped around his body. Scar's eyes widened and he smiled. He looked like he was in shock. So was Grian. For a different reason.

Scar clicked the succeed button and they teleported to the dreaded black room where the winners (and usually Jimmy) would be before they logged out. Grian couldn't believe it, Scar had won. Scar won. It sounded like a dream, a nightmare. Scar spawned in with a smug smile on his face. Grian would have laughed if it wasn't the worst thing that had ever happened to him. Martyn, Pearl, and Scott stood there for a moment, they were waiting. So was Grian. They were all waiting for the same thing. The crumbling realization that he'd done this before and that he would remember it all for the rest of his life.

Scar gave them all a confused look, "You look like you're waiting for something?" He said, tilting his head slightly.

"We are," Martyn responded, "Are you okay Scar?"

Scar smiled, "Yeah!" He said in a cheerful tone.

"Do you remember the other games?" Pearl asked.

"Yeah," Scar nodded, he didn't seem phased.

"Of course Scar's the one who doesn't break into a panic attack instantly," Scott said, leaning back against the wall.

"Am I... supposed too?" He asked.

Grian couldn't take this, Scar hadn't noticed him yet. He wanted to curl further into the ball he had put himself in. Grian wanted to throw up.

"Well that's the usual reaction," Martyn continued.

From his place on the floor Grian noticed Scott and Martyn holding hands, gross. Scott really had to stop dating Grian's family members.

"I feel fine," Scar said.

"I'm going home," Pearl said, pulling out her communicator.

She crouched down and looked at Grian, "We'll talk when you get back," Grian was grateful for his sister.

She clicked a button and logged out, Scar looked even more confused. Martyn and Scott walked into a different room, leaving Scar and Grian alone. Scar noticed Grian then. A solemn look came over his face.

"This is the 5th time we've broken up Scar," Grian said, "This is the only time you've remembered it." He rested his head on his knees.

Scar looked Grian over then sat on the floor in front of him, crisscrossed hands in his lap.

"Who says we're breaking up?" The brunette asked.

The statement made Grian's brain short circuit and jolt, he looked up at Scar.

"I thought you'd hate me for everything I've done?" He said, Scar laughed and void did that make Grian feel a little better.

"It's a game Grian, a sick and twisted one, but still a game!" Scar said, he placed a hand on Grian's, "I don't fault you for anything you've done to me. If there's anything at all," He smiled softly at Grian with a hint of concern in his eyes.

Grian crossed his legs, opening his frame more. His wings relaxed behind him and Scar smiled a bit more brightly.

"I hurt you?" Grian said, "I've killed you, I've lied to you, I've cheated on you. You are saying that you care about none of that?" Scar thought for a moment then shook his head.

"Sure, it hurt. But those are things that made sense in this sort of game," He said, "Well- mostly.. I don't know why you cheated on me but-" Grian cut him off.

"I didn't want to team with you Scar," He blurted, Scar looked taken aback for a second, "That's why I did it. Being able to feel your pain was torture," Grian felt tears fill his eyes, he looked down at his lap as they rolled down his face.

"Hey, hey.. No, no, no, no, no. No tears okay?" Scar said softly, "Look at me?" Grian couldn't do it, he shook his head. There was no way he would be able to look at Scar without sobbing more and- Scar pushed his chin up so their eyes met, "Look at me, G." He said, his voice still soft, "I forgive you."

"No-" He started frantically.

"Nope. I forgive you. End of story." Scar said, voice stern.

"You shouldn't-" Grian was cut off again.

"You don't get to dictate what I should or shouldn't do," Scar said, his voice was still stern but he wasn't angry, he was never angry. Not at Grian.

"But Scar-" This time Grian was shut up by Scar's lips.

Whatever Grian was going to say was pushed out of his mind instantly, he melted into Scar. Grian placed his hands on Scar's face as he kissed him back. It was short but no less sweet and tender. Scar was the first to pull back.

"Hush. I forgive you. You can't tell me no. This is my choice." Scar said, "Understand?"

Grian nodded with a small smile, "Yes," Scar smiled brightly at the blonde and wrapped his arms around him, pulling him into his lap.

Grian yelped softly as Scar laid back on the floor causing Grian to lay on his chest. Scar pressed a bunch of soft kisses to Grian's head. Grian chirped softly at the affection and Scar laughed.

"I love you, Sunshine," Scar said.

"I love you too Scar," Grian responded.

And if they laid there for God knows how long that when they got back to Hermitcraft Pearl freaked out on them because she though something happened. That was between the two of them. Oh. And Pearl.

Fin